test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Awesome fan film/treatment.

smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aZ6RZF_HXw

One commentor said it best, there:

Fan film: action packed lightsaber fights with incredible editing

Multi million dollar Hollywood prod.: horribly choreographed fights with editing errors.
:D
dvZq2Aj.jpg

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    I think the video itself can be found on its own.

was over 600,000 hits.

*shuffles through the youtube wilderness*
    Found it :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to2SMng4u1k
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    As I said in another webforum, this sacrifices story for cool visuals, while it might have been done due to the special effects being what they were at the time.

The orginal version told a story, neither Obi-wan nor Vader were able to fully commit to the fight, Kenobi because he was getting old and out of practice and Vader due to remembering what happened last time he underestimated Kenobi (aka Vader ended up 3 limbs short and his body covered with 3rd degree burns and possibly some 4th degree burns as well).

Good fan-edit would mostly the orginal with a bit more action and better camera angles, not changing it to "Mustafar fight on the Death Star".
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Meh, far too much of that would result in immediate death in a real sword fight (10 years training). While flashy and emotional using the various sound bites and video clips the choreography left much to be desired. Of course I'm used to these guys level of choreography.

Star Wars, for the past 20 years, had folks jumping and zipping about like super balls, which I am fine with.
    Also, you need to watch how anime works. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    spiritborn wrote: »
    As I said in another webforum, this sacrifices story for cool visuals, while it might have been done due to the special effects being what they were at the time.

The orginal version told a story, neither Obi-wan nor Vader were able to fully commit to the fight, Kenobi because he was getting old and out of practice and Vader due to remembering what happened last time he underestimated Kenobi (aka Vader ended up 3 limbs short and his body covered with 3rd degree burns and possibly some 4th degree burns as well).

Good fan-edit would mostly the orginal with a bit more action and better camera angles, not changing it to "Mustafar fight on the Death Star".

Yoda was able to take on Dooku, another old fellow, and they were going pretty much super sayien.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Meh, far too much of that would result in immediate death in a real sword fight (10 years training). While flashy and emotional using the various sound bites and video clips the choreography left much to be desired. Of course I'm used to these guys level of choreography.

Star Wars, for the past 20 years, had folks jumping and zipping about like super balls, which I am fine with.
    Also, you need to watch how anime works. :)

You mean how it takes 20 episodes to finish a fight that should take 20 minutes?
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

Yoda was able to take on Dooku, another old fellow, and they were going pretty much super sayien.

Yoda was also around 1 meters tall alien fighting a 190 cm(ish) man, note that only Yoda is jumping about Dooku is more or less grounded.

Also I didn't say Obi-wan wasn't capable of doing those arcobatic acts I said he unwilling due to wanting to conserve strenght. Between Mustafar and the Death Star Obi-wan had been only in 1 lightsabre fight and that was against a half mad cripple, who around the same age as Obi-wan and in much worse health.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

Well that video is a blast from the past.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!