test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Admirality Campaigns

malekidgaw1malekidgaw1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I would have thought we would have a bunch of new ones by now, instead it seems abandoned. I would like to see some new stuff here. How about everyone else?
Cardassian and/or Dominion
Discovery and/or Section 31
Thoughts on these or other?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    It'd have to offer something unique. We have two that give out Dilithium for their 10/10, so anything new would have to compete with that to be worthwhile. I barely touch the Fed or Rom Campaigns on most of my toons, preferring to switch toons if I have both Dil giving Campaigns kicked on a given toon. The Rom upgrades and Fed Spec points aren't worth it compared to keeping my Dil topped off, with rare exceptions like needing Spec points on my Jem for it's recruitment goals.

Other than Ship Coupons or Fleet Ship Modules, I can't really think of anything that'd peek my interest enough to run through repeatedly.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Dominion/Cardassian could make sense but DSC/S31 makes no sense what so ever, Discovery is set in the 2250s while STO is set 2409-2410, as for section 31 they're still "technically illegal" in the 25th century (like in the 24th) so they wouldn't be giving any admirality missions.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    If they created unique rewards for them, sure more the merrier.

If they'd just be duplicating existing campaings like the ferengi duplicates the klingon one...well I suppose 2 dil campaigns do not yet entirely 100% guarantee hitting the refining quota every single day without doing anything else at all. :p

Just most days.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    When I start Admiralty Campaigns on a Character I concentrate on Federation, both for the high XP and the Specialization Points. Romulan is usually my least priority.

The one problem with the Federation Campaign shows up when you've maxed out all Specializations. Instead of giving you the Spec Points you get 5,760 Dilitium instead for the 10 of 10. Pathetic compared to the KDF and Ferengi 10 of 10 Rewards.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Dominion/Cardassian, yes, we need one, but Discovery or TOS, does not make any sense, unless, a new Temporal Operations Admiralty campaing is created, with missions that have to correct temporal anomalies, you are a temporal operative, after all..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    We have plenty already, more than I can cycle through without logging in multiple times a day.
  • Options
    People have enough daily busy work as it is.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I agree it would have to be something new. Fed rewards the Specialization Points. Rom give you the upgrade token. Klink AND Ferengi give the dilithium dumps (and Ferengi give you Latinum too). so a new admiralty would need to be a new reward. 2 T6 ship tokens towards the "free ship"? Or perhaps lobi? Maybe 20 Lobi at level 10, or 50? So you COULD in theory, earn enough lobi "free" to buy a lobi ship? Eventually. Idk. Assuming that would never happen bc the actual money draw is too strong to get lobi only from lockboxes. But another new one to just dump more dilithium as a reward....meh. So for the new mechanics in game, I could see them actually doing:
    1) T6 "free ship" tokens
    2) A pool of points towards your personal endeavors jazz
    3) Phoenix prize packs
    4) Another dilithium prize...

Unlikely rewards:
    1) Lobi
    2) "free ship" tokens based off the new T6 free ship reward, but for previous reward ships. Would have to reward like 50 at a time, so you would need to complete it 16 - 20 times or something, but would allow you to get ships similar to how the Phoenix pack does. Same penalty as far as player only reward, NOT account unlock.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I would have thought we would have a bunch of new ones by now, instead it seems abandoned. I would like to see some new stuff here. How about everyone else?
    Cardassian and/or Dominion
    Discovery and/or Section 31
    Thoughts on these or other?

I like all of those, and I'll add Temporal and subfaction ones like Orion Syndicate, Nausicaans, Gorn, Leatheans, Ferasans, Talaxians, Trill.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    But another new one to just dump more dilithium as a reward....meh. So for the new mechanics in game, I could see them actually doing:
    1) T6 "free ship" tokens
    I don't see that happening. Besides, we get a free T6 3 times a year already. Winter, Anniversary, and Summer.
    Don't really see how useful that is.
    3) Phoenix prize packs
    Not gonna happen as Phoenix Boxes are one of the major methods of balancing the DL Exchange.
    Don't really need any more sources of DL. We need balancing factors to keep the exchange at a reasonable rate.
    Unlikely rewards:
    1) Lobi
    You're right. Its unlikely. Especially since they dropped the free Lobi from FE Replays... and... FE Replays in general for the time being.
    2) "free ship" tokens based off the new T6 free ship reward, but for previous reward ships. Would have to reward like 50 at a time, so you would need to complete it 16 - 20 times or something, but would allow you to get ships similar to how the Phoenix pack does. Same penalty as far as player only reward, NOT account unlock.
    How is this different from your previous number 1 of a T6 free ship token?

db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Considering that it is a 2 year grind, shortening it would probably be welcome to completionist players, and also to those who do not run their dailies daily. Would depend on the amount though, but that's true for all of these.
    Not gonna happen as Phoenix Boxes are one of the major methods of balancing the DL Exchange.

Also, it would be a bit of a dil prize in disguise.

I think the first was meant to be past event ships, the second was asking for C Store ship coupons.

That being said, I don't think we need more admiralty campaigns. For one, it becomes more and more stretched lore wise, already wasn't a friend of the Ferengi one for this reason, and then it would shift the balance between office work and actual game play even more (granted, you still only have 9 slots, so if you're running admiralty daily you'll just be running it somewhere else, but for completionists generally happy after having filled a campaign it would be).
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    xyquarze wrote: »

Considering that it is a 2 year grind, shortening it would probably be welcome to completionist players, and also to those who do not run their dailies daily. Would depend on the amount though, but that's true for all of these.
    I'm a completionist player and it would not be welcome to me. The personal endeavors got a unique reward which is an exceptionally rare treat in STO and I don't want it spoiled like everything else.

More uniqueness, not less, please.
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    But another new one to just dump more dilithium as a reward....meh. So for the new mechanics in game, I could see them actually doing:
    1) T6 "free ship" tokens
    I don't see that happening. Besides, we get a free T6 3 times a year already. Winter, Anniversary, and Summer.

Talking about the "free T6" tokens we are getting for completing TFO's. So already in game, just saying a few extra towards claiming your prize.

How useful is the Fed or Rom admiralty campaigns? What's your point? Pool of points towards your endeavors is just as useless for most players as 2 upgrade modules (Rom) or 2 skill points (Fed)

3) Phoenix prize packs

Right, and no one thought they would introduce a SECOND dilithium reward Admiralty after we already had the Klingon one.....see how that worked out

Don't really need any more sources of DL. We need balancing factors to keep the exchange at a reasonable rate.

I agree. But we all said that before, and THEN they gave us the Ferengi campaign. So, devs kind do what they want. And free dilithium is a go to for them when they cant be original

Unlikely rewards:
    1) Lobi
    You're right. Its unlikely. Especially since they dropped the free Lobi from FE Replays... and... FE Replays in general for the time being.

One point you agree on....geez....

a) not all past reward ships were T6. b) I'm saying you could now que up past reward ships "projects" and their subsequent 800 or 1000 coupon requirement again, but you would have to use coupons awarded from the new admiralty. As I mentioned, it would be character locked, same as Phoenix box ships are now.

• Options
    telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    Heres what i would like:

Dominion or cardassian campaign
    Reward: random epic duty officer from the dominion with new active/passive traits
    These would be changeling, vorta. Jemhadar, etc. Doffs

Lukari campaign
    Reward: random lukari, kentari, or tzenkethi bridge officer - this would be an alternate way to get lukari/ kentari boffs without the huge cost of the fleet colony. The tzenkethi could be a low chance reward, or the first-time campaign completion reward and made unique so you cant get more than one. Would be pretty cool to have a multi weapon wielding battle turtle for ground ops.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    I'm a completionist player and it would not be welcome to me. The personal endeavors got a unique reward which is an exceptionally rare treat in STO and I don't want it spoiled like everything else.

More uniqueness, not less, please.

Fair enough. I should have phrased that better: there certainly will be players who are aiming for completion who would appreciate a shortcut. I am somewhat torn here: a little speed up would be fine but it shouldn' invalidate the system. But 1 pick for a full run of 10 admiralty missions wouldn't seem out of line for me personally.

Also, from a dev POV: the recent changes (RTFO, endeavors) seem to be quite successful in pulling players into otherwise less played content, which is desirable, so why make players go through it faster?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    xyquarze wrote: »
    Also, from a dev POV: the recent changes (RTFO, endeavors) seem to be quite successful in pulling players into otherwise less played content, which is desirable, so why make players go through it faster?
    I don't know. Cryptic does a lot of design decisions I just can't understand at all. Like for example the only reason we even have so much "less played content" is because they've spoiled all previosly unique rewards by spreading them everywhere.

I can only hope they don't spoil the endo XP because it's great reason to play.

And that's also why I think the next admiralty campaign(s) should also have new unique rewards created, instead of copypasting something from somewhere else.
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    I'm with a lot of the comments saying there's no point in adding something without a truly amazing reward. I run the Rom campaign on my main for the upgrade tech, and the KDF and Ferengi ones on my two other lvl 65's to get the dil without having to grind them.

Federation, as has been said, only really helps for the lvl 50-65 grind, and then it's not much use.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Yeah, it kinda feels like it'S really hard to add new Admiralty campaigns if we don't have the capability to actually do more campaigns at a time. The only use for a new campaign would be to reward a new EPic ship on bringing it to Tier 10, basically, unless the Tour of Duty reward is something that is worth more than a ton of Dilthium.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    The Level 60-65 'grind' is not so at all. One or so load of Doff and Admiralty Assignments will get you to 65 from 60.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Federation, as has been said, only really helps for the lvl 50-65 grind, and then it's not much use.
    ltminns wrote: »
    The Level 60-65 'grind' is not so at all. One or so load of Doff and Admiralty Assignments will get you to 65 from 60.

The first 60 spec points then. Once you have the specializations that your character wants to use, the priority for getting the rest drops quite a bit.
  • Options
    The first 60 spec points then. Once you have the specializations that your character wants to use, the priority for getting the rest drops quite a bit.

Have you been watching me admiraling my last toons? Tells a lot about data safety here ;)
  • Options
    I have my Discovery Character almost halfway through Temporal and only have Strategist beyond that to still do. I created that Character when Discovery dropped, got through the Tutorial, and stopped playing that Character until the Winter Event. It has been the one I have been playing almost exclusively since.

I haven't done much of the Romulan Campaign after I got that to max. But I still do the the Federation Campaign at this stage but generally behind the KDF and Ferengi Campaigns. Obviously after you completely max out all the Specializations there is no point in running the Fed unless you are desperate for that 5,760 Dilitium for getting the 10 of 10 Tour of Duty.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.