test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[REQ]So after the current arc, maybe some more KT?

kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
personally Id love to see some more KT stuff added to flesh out the available roster from that verse as well, theres 2 warbirds and a uniform, and some kind of smaller defense ship available for roms, the klingon d7 we see in the kobayashi maru test, and several federation ships. Everyone's probably seen the pseudo-t'liss before
latest?cb=20150108194629

but theres also this beauty and the smaller defense craft, as well as a pretty sharp lookin uniform

KT-romulan.jpg

[Moderator Thread Hijack] Per FCT, Cryptic is not likely to be able to use materials from other Star Trek licensees, including IDW Comics.
15) Inclusion of Fan-Designed Ships or Ships from Other Star Trek Licensees

Short answer: No, this is not likely to happen.

For ships from other Star Trek licensed properties, for example Star Trek: Starfleet Command, the tabletop RPGs by FASA or Last Unicorn Games, or any original ships Pocket Books' novel writers may invent in the future, Cryptic has to negotiate for the rights to each design individually with the other license-holder, as they did pre-launch with the Luna-class reconnaissance science vessel (Pocket Books' Star Trek: Titan) and Vesta-class multi-mission explorer (Pocket Books' Star Trek: Destiny). It's simply faster and cheaper for them to create their own original ships.

Any ship that appeared in a Star Trek TV show or film is still potentially fair game, though.

[/Moderator Thread Hijack]
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    Essentially, everything from the 6 live action series is included as much as possible (as well any upcoming series as long Cryptic has the license and STO is active enough to be profitble), as well as anything the Motion Picture to Nemesis from the movies. Anything from Kelvin timeline or the ST EU is highly unlikely due to additional licensing and anything from Orville or Galaxy Quest is impossible apart from indirect reference.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    JJ Trek content probably isn't coming soon. The next JJ film was apparently cancelled and there's no reason to expect anything from JJ to trickle into STO soon. Unlike CBS which still has Discovery as well as other rumored and confirmed shows coming soon. Those CBS shows will undoubtedly take priority over anything from the (apparently dead) JJ films.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    JJ Trek content probably isn't coming soon. The next JJ film was apparently cancelled and there's no reason to expect anything from JJ to trickle into STO soon. Unlike CBS which still has Discovery as well as other rumored and confirmed shows coming soon. Those CBS shows will undoubtedly take priority over anything from the (apparently dead) JJ films.
    Bad Robot is/was only the production company, Paramount still holds the license for Star Trek movies, that said STO has their Star Trek license thru CBS so they'd have to get premission from Paramount to use things from the Kelvin Timeline (other movies are covered by the CBS license).

J.J. Abrams never owned any part of the Star Trek license, the only person connected to Star Trek who could said to have owned rights to it would be Gene Roddenberry himself and he died in 1994 (IIRC)
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    keep in mind CBS/Paramount are about to come under one roof again so those licensing issues will be much less of a roadblock. I personally dont expect anything but at the same time they ***have*** opened the door on KT content and there are ships we should have. It doesn't even need to be tied to episodic content just some new c-store drops would be fantastic
    keep in mind CBS/Paramount are about to come under one roof again so those licensing issues will be much less of a roadblock. I personally dont expect anything but at the same time they ***have*** opened the door on KT content and there are ships we should have. It doesn't even need to be tied to episodic content just some new c-store drops would be fantastic
    Well it depends on how the contract for the license was made and the only people who can anwser that are Cryptic and CBS/Paramount.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Want that Klingon "Warbird". Also wouldn't mind getting the USS Kelvin and USS Franklin. Also the Field jackets from Beyond.
    star-trek-beyond-leaked-photos-02-700x700.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Bad Robot is/was only the production company, Paramount still holds the license for Star Trek movies, that said STO has their Star Trek license thru CBS so they'd have to get premission from Paramount to use things from the Kelvin Timeline (other movies are covered by the CBS license).

Yep this is true but doesn't really have anything to do with what I said. The reason I don't see them focusing on JJ Trek content for STO any time soon is because of the other CBS shows that are actually coming out, STO is likely to piggyback off of them instead of a dead film series. Look at how quickly they dropped ViL in favor of a current show in Discovery. While we will thankfully get back to the STO story line soon, any tie in with Star Trek in the future will more than likely be current and upcoming Star Trek. Like DIscovery, Picard Series, Section 31 Series and "Below Decks." As opposed to a now dead film series.
    spiritborn wrote: »
    J.J. Abrams never owned any part of the Star Trek license, the only person connected to Star Trek who could said to have owned rights to it would be Gene Roddenberry himself and he died in 1994 (IIRC)

We can all thank Roddenberry for creating Star Trek and additionally for the fact that he somehow managed to not ruin it despite his best efforts. JJ's take on Star Trek was a bit jarring at first but I quickly grew to enjoy the JJ films. Nitpicking criticisms aside, they did give us one of the coolest ships of all time (Vengeance) and some hilarious dialogue moments. JJ McCoy anyone? Plus Star Trek has a history of producing horrible films. JJ's films have been by and large better than par.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Well, the Discovery Section 31 has a lot more in common with the Kelvin Timeline version than the one from the Prime Timeline, so I suppose you could consider the S31 ships to be honorary Kelvin Timeline stuff.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Discovery S31 is PRIME Timeline. With the ending of Discovery Season 2, we are pretty well reset to the one we used to 'love'.

As far as the S31, as depicted in Discovery, behavior being like that of the Kelvin Timeline S31, the latter had not gone through the crisis that it went through in Discovery. It just goes to prove that organizations that are not subject to any sort of control will be corrupted similarly.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    S31 WAS subjected to Control...look how that turned out​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I specifically used the word in lower case to not confuse it with the AI Control.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    obviously...but that was too good to pass up​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    I mean even if every dev at cryptic loves the idea of giving us more KT stuff and they magically have legal rights to do so right now... and magically started next week.... itd be 18+ months before we saw anything really. I seriously doubt we will see more things, even cool excursion jackets or mini-ships like the franklin....
    BUT
    I doubted the t6 connie
    I doubted seeing ANY JJtrek stuff
    I doubted seeing any TWoK era stuff
    and I never even imagined the TWOK era reskins and updated visual that are just gods damned gorgeous.

so weirder things have occurred and the seed is planted
    quit with the off topic guys
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I'd like a Kelvin and corresponding uniforms, yes.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    STO already made a deal for the licence to use stuff from the first two JJ Star Trek movies, but not Beyond. They can add anything from those two movies that they want, so extra licence required. So they could do say the Jelly Fish or the Kelvin or Hero's Ship, or the Cops cool armour/outfit, ect...

Still I'd prefer the Admiral Leeta story line, hopefully it means more DS9, including hopefully Dax who was shockingly left out in Victory is Life.
    this thread has nothing to do with ezri, the aventine, or what is/was/might have been ViL plots or the original post-ViL plots.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    this thread has nothing to do with ezri, the aventine, or what is/was/might have been ViL plots or the original post-ViL plots.

So this thread is about nothing?
    And technically Ezri is a bit on topic because of potential involvement in future plots. Doesn't matter what it involves, as there is an opening for Ezri down the road thanks to the ending of ViL. As for Kelvin content specifically... who knows.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    The OP is specifically asking for more KT content post-VIL, so yes, the thread has gotten off topic. Please, let's no longer derail the thread.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The OP is specifically asking for more KT content post-VIL, so yes, the thread has gotten off topic. Please, let's no longer derail the thread.
    I would love to see the devs do a take on TNG or DS9 era in the KT, but I don't think they will.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited May 2019
    I would love to see the devs do a take on TNG or DS9 era in the KT, but I don't think they will.

would be kinda fun but Id rather explore where the KT already is or its version of the TWoK era.

@baddmoonrizin THANK YOU for splitting that garbage off!
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    We've got most of the stuff from the three TNG era shows and the TNG films now but we're still low on content from ENT to the Ent C era including the KT.

Hopefully Paramount will end up merging with CBS before this game dies so we can get this neglected part of the franchise properly folded in with the rest.

And the series is not named after the director of the first two films. No parts of the franchise are named after any of their directors. It is named the Kelvin Timeline, nothing else.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    I just want to see content where a segment of the player base isn't ignore because reasons. I really don't care what the actual story is because we know it's gonna be go here, pew pew in space, bang bang on ground, pew pew in space, get rewards anyway.
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    I just want to see content where a segment of the player base isn't ignore because reasons. I really don't care what the actual story is because we know it's gonna be go here, pew pew in space, bang bang on ground, pew pew in space, get rewards anyway.

There's 4 prominent factions so it's next to impossible have missions where they're included storywise and so far Romulans nor Jem'hadar aren't restricted from joining the new content any exclusion would be storybased, if we include the 2 federation subfactions as something that needs to be included that's 6 factions to worry about.

As for Jem'Hadar and Romulan ships, we've been told they're in the works and may or may not be released before the current storyline is over. As for why no romulan or Jem'handar ships in the current boxes well CBS vetoed their own writing team from making anything involving Discovery era romulans so any ships included in those boxes would be "because there has to be a romulan and Jem'hadar ship".

Honest I have no reason to belive that any part of player base is actively and intentionally ignore so much as there's no new romulan ships due resources used to design those are currently needed elsewhere so they're a lower priority.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Before another derail gets started, this thread is about more KT inclusion in the game. Please stay on topic. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »
    but we're still low on content from ENT to the Ent C era including the KT.
    Are we really though?

Both TOS and DISCO have a fairly large amount of content in-game. And have have a bunch of stuff from ENT like the Temporal Cold War, we went to where the Delphic Expanse was, the Xindi have shown up once or twice(at least one of them), the Elachi, etc. etc.

Really, the only parts we don't have much of are the parts that the shows and movies never covered. The 100+ years between the end of ENT and the begining of Disco, and the like 80 years between the end of ST6 and the beginning of TNG.

DSC we can exclude because there is an expansion for it but TOS, ENT, the KT, and TOS films exist as a couple of missions and some visuals (limited uniforms and ships).

The Temporal Cold War in STO is more tied into VGR than ENT with the main crux being the Krenim and the fall out from the Iconian War (TNG).

As the game is set in 2409-2411 it will naturally draw more from the plots and characters that are still alive and technology that is ancient but still feasible in use (i.e. from TNG onwards) so ENT to TOS films is going to be largely ignored. But with the amount of time travel in the game Cryptic could do an entire expansion in older eras.
    AoY for example was okayish in that we got about 8 ships, some minor uniform variants, a couple of weapons, and a half-days worth of missions. Same with AoD (MoD, RoD) though at a much slower pace for now, but the impact of AoY in the main game is very limited. ENT, the KT, and TOS Film era don't even get that. Hell, most of the content for those three instalments has been locked behind Lockboxes, Promo Boxes, and the mind-numbingly stupid Dilithium grind in the D-Store.

I can understand it for the KT, I don't like it, but I can understand it.
    It is a licence held by Paramount and it is not Prime Timeline (excluding things like the Kelvin or Jellyfish) but somehow the Devron Timeline Gal-X is freely available in the C-Store, the YE uniforms are available as mission rewards. But there's no excuse for not having more ENT or TOS film content in the main game or in the C-Store.

The Undiscovered Lockbox and the D-Store inclusions are some of the singularly worst decisions Cryptic has even made for me.

That being said, more on topic:

Prime stuff
    • Narada
    • Jellyfish
    • 2380s Romulan weapons
    • Kelvin, Franklin, Newton, Armstrong, Mayflower, Kobayashi Maru type ships
    • Kelvin and Franklin bridge and interior
    • Kelvin rea beam phasers and blue rapid fire torpedos
    • Kelvin shuttlecraft
    • Franklin red pulse phasers (possibly the same visuals as the KT Conni, I can't remember)
    • 2160s uniforms
    • 2230s uniforms, phasers and communicators
    • Ambassador Spock's clothes

Kelvin timeline stuff
    • Correctly scaled (820m) Dreadnought Class
    • Correctly scaled (366m) Constitution Class
    • End of ID and beginning of BEY refit of the Constitution with different engine block, new pylons, and smaller nacelles (365.4m)
    • The Enterprise A refit from BEY
    • Salcombe type
    • Constitution interior (excluding the Warp Core and Turbine Control because those, we can all agree, never existed)
    • Dreadnought interior
    • ID EV suits
    • BEY excursion suits and ID flight suits
    • 09 Skydiving suit, ID copper HazMat suit, ID radiation suit, ID wetsuit
    • 09/ID dress uniforms (brown, grey, and black versions)
    • 09 Cadet blue jumpsuit and red dress uniform
    • S31 uniforms, phasers, and phaser rifles
    • Admiral uniform that works (fix the ranks Cryptic), and the dress version from 09
    • BEY uniforms
    • Starbase Yorktown uniforms
    • The million different medical uniforms
    • Removal of the sundresses from the game and an official retcon of 09 and ID to remove them and a destruction of any media that exists that point to them having ever existed.
    • KT phasers (BEY), communicators, tricorders/scanners, and transporter effects
    • All three warp effects from each of the films
    • Klingon Warbird
    • Klingon D4 Shuttle of Prey
    • Klingon blocky rifle and backwards handled pistol from 09
    • KT Klingon skin colour, nose splitting, ears, hair, chin ridges, check ridges, beards and everything else you shortchanged last time.
    • KT Klingon scarves they wear as part of the uniform you short changed us on.
    • KT Bat'leth
    • Harrison's costume
    • The million different shuttle types
    • Yorktown Station and Stardock One
    • Altamid Swarmers

There's an expansion worth of stuff you could do here. AoD and AoY characters crossing over prior to ending up in 2409, the Prime return of Krell, expand the Tholians, Krenim, or Terrans cross timeline exploits, missions from Temporal Investigations or Section 31 to try fix the timeline or gain an advantage from it, J'Ula getting KT Klingon reinforcements and copying their vastly superior makeup work, MArtok getting KT Klingon reinforcements and copying their vastly superior makeup work. Obviously we'll get some tie into the 2380s portion of the films come the Picard show, but they're not really the Kelvin Timeline any more than the launch of the Enterprise B is TNG, they just happen to be in the same films.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.