test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please change the way loading screens/cutscenes work!!

First of all, Im using two screens and I play with fullscreen windowed. This concept that the game has to be in focus (from windows' point of view) is not just outdated, its frustrating and can interfere with my operating system (windows 7 because TRIBBLE 10). Something similar with the loading screen is creating bad habbits.

When there is a cutscene that I cant skip (because Ive seen it often enough and why does is that a thing anyway) or a long loading screen I go to the other screen to my browser. During that time the sound from the game is "muted" for me and I dont waste time sitting there doing nothing.

During a cutscene the cursor disappeares and when I move the invisible cursor to the other screen its still gone. Normally I press the windows key to make the cursor reappear. click on the other screen so the game isnt in focus once the start menu disappears and do what I wanted to do while the game does the unskippable. But occasionally this doesnt work. Sometimes the cursor cant be made visible no matter what I do because the game hides it. A game shouldnt hide the cursor even from windows!

When a loading screen is finished its supposed to go away. When the game takes longer to load I go to the other screen to my browser. But when the loading screen is finished while Im browsing it demands that I press a key to continue. No matter if Im entering a station, leaving a system, entering/leaving a TFO or any other loading screen. After playing STO for some hours I caught myself in other games doing something on the other screen while that game was loading and clicking in the loading screen so its in focus to continue once the loading is complete LIKE IN STO!

Both look more like a bug than a feature.

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    If you think it's a bug, report it in the Bug Subforum, not General Discussion. Thread moved.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    zaraszzarasz Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    If you think it's a bug, report it in the Bug Subforum, not General Discussion. Thread moved.
    I clearly stated " Both look more like a bug than a feature." which is the reason I didnt report it as a bug. So please move the thread back because it doesnt belong into the bug report forum section.