test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strange message involving Bridge Officers

maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
[Inventory] You have reached the limit of officers that you can have of this type.
On 2 of my characters I am trying to commission Mirror Holo Leeta but I keep getting this message. 1 character has 1 free bridge officer slot the other has 4 free boff slots and neither have either version of Leeta Active. Anyone else encounter this and figured out what causes it and how to fix it. I looked around online and couldn't find anything except for having full active boff slots or being at the limit of 54 boffs active and none of my characters are any where near 54 limit.

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I am trying to Commission from the Candidate list on both characters.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    How about a boxed Leeta in Inventory or your Bank?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    None in either characters inventory either but both characters have both versions of her on the candidate list.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Do you have anything in your overflow bag? Cryptic blocks you from doing many things when that happens.
    Nope that was the 1st thing I checked on both and it has been months since I had anything in the overflow bag.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Your candidate inventory is full.

In your stations window, down bottom should be a button that says, "Candidate" or something. It'll open a window that's all officers that are waiting to fill a slot in your roster.

This is where boffs go, when you try to recruit them, and you're current roster is full.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    1 character at 3/15 the other 9/15 and a full list last I checked didn't block activating from the candidate list.
    It's the Show button.

VxAYuxs.png
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    trennan wrote: »
    It's the Show button.

VxAYuxs.png

I know where the candidate list is that is where I been trying to commission her from on both characters.
    trennan wrote: »
    It's the Show button.

VxAYuxs.png

I know where the candidate list is that is where I been trying to commission her from on both characters.

Then, not entirely sure. I've see "Your inventory is full." when moving things back in forth between the bank and character.

The only thing I can think here, is that there's a bug where it's not exactly recognizing expanded slots.

For example, on my chars where I just have the basic inventory bank and inventory, I don't see the inventory full message. But on my characters that do, especially my main, I'll see it popup occasionally as I move stuff around. Since most of the time, I'm moving things around in the expansions, and not the basic.

Kind of like the bug in R&D. Where a project won't recognize you have more than 1 stack of something. So you have to move the larger stack around, so that the system recognizes you have enough.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Why do you have both versions in the Candidate list? You can only commission one of them. Try dismissing one, and then try to commission the other, and see if that solves the issue.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Hmm that is odd and Thx BMR that was the issue and I never thought to try that figuring why would that cause it since we can claim both if the person has access to her. Getting rid of one from the candidate list fixed the problem.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I did the same thing last year as I have three Leetas in the C-Store Promotions Tab; two Choice and one Mirror (only). I wanted to check out how Choice worked and how many could be put in the Candidate Roster.

I had one of each in the Candidate List. Only one could be Commissioned. There was some squirrelly things, Mirror was Commissioned and Dabo was ground into a Manual.

Edit: Removed incorrect statement.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    I did the same thing last year as I have three Leetas in the C-Store Promotions Tab; two Choice and one Mirror (only). I wanted to check out how Choice worked and how many could be put in the Candidate Roster.

I had one of each in the Candidate List. Only one could be Commissioned. There was some squirrelly things, Mirror was Commissioned and Dabo was ground into a Manual.

Your shot of the Candidate Roster does not show any Leetas at all.

That screen shot is someone elses candidate list not mine.
    ltminns wrote: »

Your shot of the Candidate Roster does not show any Leetas at all.

I was just showing where the candidate roster was. I don't care about enough about boffs to collect any. Other than Nelen and Two of Five there. That roster hasn't changed since Delta Rising, then only Cadet, the hierarchy boff got added. Everything else is from 2012 -2013.

Which, I'm not exactly sure where I even got Two of Five. But, then it's just sitting there, I haven't promoted or done anything else to either that one, or Nelen.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.