test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Endeavour that won't reroll...

westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 8,479 Arc User
edited April 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have a personal endeavour that I would like to reroll... and I have 21 reroll tokens... but when I click the reroll button, it does not actually do anything... have tried changing characters and maps, still nothing...

(It's a medium/yellow one to restore ground shields. I have yet to find a way to do so reliably because auto-regen does not count and usually regens the shields faster than I can react, and shield generators are not doing it either.)

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I'm having this problem too. Trying to reroll complete 3 Iconian TFOs It let me reroll the green endeavor, but not the blue or purple one.

The way it does, you click reroll, it asks if you want to and you click Yes. The buttons grey out, but it doesn't reroll, nor do you lose a token.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • captinaverycaptinavery Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Interesting, my bug that I am having is the Red Endeavour "Defeat Borg - Ground". This is the first time that this has happened since launch day for me.
    It's happened to me more than once. This is the second time it happened. I did the endeavor, but I wouldn't want to again.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    It happened to me once so far. Hard, ground, "defeat captains".
  • kellyarkkellyark Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have 11 reroll tokens. When I reroll Complete 2 Iconian TFOs, game prompts with ok, then fails to reroll or decrement 11 count when ok is clicked. First reroll attempt of day. Same for alts, relog/map change no help.
    I think it's a random bug too. Sometimes it hits, other times the reroll goes through. I re-rolled a Defeat Iconian Ships yellow one and it changed to Terran ships instead.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Last Saturday with 20 Reroll Tokens it would not let me reroll the Normal Endeavor 'Kill Tzen'kethi'. The day after I got that same Endeavor in Hard and it would let me reroll.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Same problem first time for me today. Despite having reroll tokens and the yellow personal endeavor (Complete Lukari TFOs) reroll button not being grayed out, clicking it does nothing more than pop up the Confirm Reroll popup (where I clicked OK). No reroll token is deducted but there is also no new rerolled endeavor. Restarting the game or changing chars/maps/instances does not fix it.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Happened for me today as well. :/
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    happened for me too, for the 3rd endeavour: destroy x terran ships.
  • cryshalsingcryshalsing Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    It would be nice if someone would respond to this. Alas, Craptic doesn't give a rat's TRIBBLE about their customers.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Contrary to you, they do care about their customers. Please call them Cryptic even if you do not agree with their business decisions and are angry with them, keep reporting bugs when you find them so sooner or later they can get fixed if that is possible and/or feasible. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I totally agree that this game would be significantly greater if customer support would be better. It's the only game I encountered where you can't get back an accidentally deleted item. This is one example of many. The critical bugs I reported months ago still have not been solved. Example: on one of my characters when firing all weapons I get transported to Fleet Holdings. Great 'feature' for space fights, don't you think ?
    edited June 2019
    There is a button when you almost are about to discard an item called Item Protection or something that you can toggle on or off, to stop yourself from accidentally deleting an item. I also wonder if that is a problem of the coding as well including the text that those from customer report read from. As for me, I have never had the bug where one fires all weapons and gets transported to one's Fleet Holdings. That indeed is a weird one, I also think they might not be responding promptly because of all the support tickets that they receive on a general basis, from vague ones to specific ones. Still would be nice if the un-rollable endeavor bug were fixed for those who like to re-roll an endeavor they do not want to do in order to do a different one. Thanks. :)
  • cryshalsingcryshalsing Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Contrary to you, they do care about their customers. Please call them Cryptic even if you do not agree with their business decisions and are angry with them, keep reporting bugs when you find them so sooner or later they can get fixed if that is possible and/or feasible. Thanks. :)

Yeahno. I'll call them what I choose. And, no...they don't care that much or they would...yanno...communicate? At least a message confirming they received my ticket. Support has not responded to a single ticket I've submitted in over 3 years. I might submit a ticket maybe three times a year and only when something is seriously messed up.

The apathy of the support team speaks volumes about their level of concern for the users, and I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one who has noticed this...not by a longshot. Because of this, I will continue to be critical of them and call out the TRIBBLE.
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Speaking for myself and a lot of other dissatisfied players: "NO!", Cryptic doesn't care about its player base as soon as it grabbed their money and ran.
    It just happenned to me. Endeavour is to kill 60 Borgs (ground). No way I'm even trying it. But it won't reroll.

You're choice, of course, but if you can get to it, you can defeat Borg at the Defera Adventure Zone.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Borg_Invasion_of_Defera

It only easy if you have a weapon that does lots of Physical Damage.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Replica_Thompson_Submachine_Gun
    See the list below for some others. Try the bottom of the list.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Special_Ground_Weapons

Sorry you can't just re-roll today. That glitch seems to come and go. Better luck tomorrow. :disappointed:

The 60 Borg are easy on Defera. My Tactical Discovery Character uses a Cryo Granade and finishes each group off with TR-116B. I just finished a Hard Endeavor of killing 60 Terrans on Ground. I have 'Illusion of Communication' set up to the point where you Beam down to Pahvo. Three times through the first five batches and done (21 each time).

Terrans was a Reroll of Heal Shields Ground. That takes way too long.

I've used the Thompson on Defera when there is a Physical Damage Endeavor up.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited April 2020
    Want me to do an exhaustive list of stuff I reported and that never got addressed? It would be quite a lenghtly one...

Just because it has not been addressed yet or to your liking does not mean it is not on a list or lists. Since the list is exhaustive, of course not all of it can be addressed. It has to be divided into large chunks and examined and that takes a lot of time depending on the priority of the bug, the severity of it, etc. You are expecting Cryptic to be a superhuman company which it is not. They have to balance out tackling bugs and putting forth a way to fix the bug as well as working on new content. They do care about their player base. They have livestreams, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and these here forums for fan discussion, questions, etc. Also, some of the answers you want to be addressed are in the FCT thread. As for this thread, please make a list of all the endeavors that you try to reroll and do not reroll when you click reroll, that should help to narrow down the missions that are affected by this bug so that they can work on the fixes that are needed. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    I too was unable to reroll a personal endeavor today.
    I have re-rolled many in the past, so this bug does appear to be somewhat random.

My endeavor for "Shield Healing (Ground)" will not reroll.
    I have 45 Reroll tokens.
    I can press the reroll button, but when I press "Yes",
    it does not do a reroll, nor does it consume the reroll token.

The endeavor "Shield Healing (Ground)" is also bugged
    since the description says "by any means".
    The auto restore with time means does not count.
    (This IS a means!)
    Other methods are unreliable to count.
    This is a real pain when you need to do 18,000 healing.
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    I just had this bug as well, which is 1 year from when this thread was posted.

Going to log a support ticket now...
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
    tumblr_mjzanxEjhe1s1hbfto1_400.gif
    IT'S A G-G-G-G-GHOST!!!
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Is it though? Problem hasn't been fixed in at least a year, so this issue was never gone.

I did log a ticket, and part of their response was:
    It will also be helpful for you to submit a bug report on the official bug report forum to supplement the information I have already provided them.
    ... which linked to this forum.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    It also occurred to me multiple times.
    edited April 2020
    The only Endeavors I've had rerolling problems with were Killing Tzen'kethi on Ground and only on a Weekend. I've never had a problem with rerolling any type of Healing, Ground or Space. I always reroll them.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns