test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random TFO: The De-Funning

1235»

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I can't say I've had much experience with rude players, except once, and it didn't really go anywhere because I don't pay attention to the chatbox when I'm doing group content like FE, FTFO. I just happened to see remarks aimed at me that basically said "You suck!" and "Look at me!". Can't even remember what their name was, they were that forgettable. I had been doing my part and doing quite well, I thought, so I just shrugged and went about my business.

The few people like that aren't worth a first thought, much less a second.

The people on this forum are also most helpful, for the most part, and they've helped me a lot when I needed it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    The point I'm making isn't that there shouldn't be the capacity for high dps, it's just that it's become too extreme, both in terms of game balance, but also lore. When a Borg cube is being obliterated in less than a second... it's gone too far. When players are sometimes unable to take part in a mission because it's over before they can reach the enemy, it's gone too far.

I actually miss the way it was at launch. Simpler. Better balanced. If you had high dps, it was at the cost of defensive ability... and that dps wasn't so high it trivialized everything in the game.

This power creep seems to happen in a lot of games. I'm having almost the same conversation over at ESO. There should be a curve that gets steeper as you go along it. That is, as you increase dps, it should become progressively harder to get MORE dps.

That's essentially how WoW and FF14 handle it, with stats like crit having disminishing returns where as you crit, haste or so on increases it becomes harder and harder to get the same level of increase. You think of like series of buckets of different sizes you fill with water with starting from the smaller ones.
This discussion has been closed.