test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we please get a T6 Oberth

Comments

• illisstr8illisstr8 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    To be honest, all ships in this game needs a T6 variant with the option to wear their retro ship costume. Tier system should be nullified. Keep the old Tier 1 through 6 ships as is - as they come with consoles etc... but hence forth - all ships should be Tier-less.

That being said, a newly redesigned Tier-less Oberth and Nova should be introduced / with an appropriate trait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    illisstr8 wrote: »
    To be honest, all ships in this game needs a T6 variant with the option to wear their retro ship costume. Tier system should be nullified. Keep the old Tier 1 through 6 ships as is - as they come with consoles etc... but hence forth - all ships should be Tier-less.

That being said, a newly redesigned Tier-less Oberth and Nova should be introduced / with an appropriate trait.

Yep, I'd love to have an Oberth to start with and have it auto level.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User

Yes, this is true, but I wouldn't want a T6 Oberth to differ TOO much in design.

• zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »

Yes, this is true, but I wouldn't want a T6 Oberth to differ TOO much in design.

The redoes generally stay pretty close. T6 Galaxy class, Excelsior, Reliant, Nebula, etc. They stick to the same general map and just give it more "modern" lines, and the "new" nacelles. So I wouldn't worry about that. My fear would be that they would release it with just one new skin. So you have a total of two options for Saucer, Hull, Nacelles, and Secondary Hull. So choice of original, or 23c version. I would hope they would add some in between options like TNG era, or heck do the backward flash "found at starbase...whatever scrap pile" and give a TOS option or even a TRIBBLE variant for fun.
  • rhazedurilerhazedurile Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    I would love to fly around in a T6 Oberth as much I love flying around in my T6 Miranda/Centaur/Saratoga/Soyuz.
    dZWjlSs.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    The Oberth is a light science vessel, why doesn't it have a secondary deflector?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    The Oberth is a light science vessel, why doesn't it have a secondary deflector?
    If you mean why you can't see one on the model, it is because Secondary Deflectors as a feature of Science VEssels are a Cryptic invention, and it was a few years into the game that they implemented it. The Nebula and Olymp also have just one visible deflector.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    No, they don't have a slot for a secondary deflector. Every other science ship I've used has the slot for it, except the Oberth.

Even my little T3 freebie Research Science Vessel (The one that's a golf ball on a tee) has one.

Maybe it's because it's T1? Don't know, was just curious cause I was under the impression when secondary deflectors were put out that all science vessels would have them. Not a big deal and maybe if/when it goes T6 it'll get one.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited May 2019
    I never realized that it didn't have one.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
    edited May 2019
    I would love to fly around in a T6 Oberth as much I love flying around in my T6 Miranda/Centaur/Saratoga/Soyuz.
    Yeah, my science officer is starved for a new science ship, the Oberth would be fun to fly with them especially since it would be smaller than all the other c-store science ships I have.

I think it's about time they considered releasing a new science ship, I can't even remember what the last science ship released in the c-store was nor how long ago it was.

• zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Yeah, my science officer is starved for a new science ship, the Oberth would be fun to fly with them especially since it would be smaller than all the other c-store science ships I have.

I think it's about time they considered releasing a new science ship, I can't even remember what the last science ship released in the c-store was nor how long ago it was.

As a Fed C Store ship....I think the last was the T6 Nebula? I mean we had the vulcan ship for the event this year.....but I think straight Fed Zen ship....Nebula?
    edited May 2019
    In the latest Ten Forwardly Weekly Stream Kael mentions "Tier Six Oberth When: noises I cannot transcribe" I am not sure if this is something to celebrate or not.
    No, they don't have a slot for a secondary deflector. Every other science ship I've used has the slot for it, except the Oberth.

Even my little T3 freebie Research Science Vessel (The one that's a golf ball on a tee) has one.

Maybe it's because it's T1? Don't know, was just curious cause I was under the impression when secondary deflectors were put out that all science vessels would have them. Not a big deal and maybe if/when it goes T6 it'll get one.

Oh, it could indeed have something to do with Tier 1. Does the Tier 1 Miranda have Cruiser Commands, or the Tier 1 NX-01 an experimental weapon slot?
    It seems only the Connie gets its ship class speciality ability.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Yes to a T6 Oberth, just make sure it's not made of explodium
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • stoyozstoyoz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
      I would not mind a T6 Oberth, especially if they make it customisable with the Deep Space Science Vessel parts.
      I don't think they will give it parts from an unrelated ship, and they did say that all ships will get T6 versions eventually so the DSSV will get its own T6.
      edited June 2019
      Yes to a T6 Oberth, just make sure it's not made of explodium

That will be the Starship Mastery Trait

Made from Explodium
      Your Warp Core Breaches inflict double damage in twice the radius, stunning enemies for 5 seconds. In addition, 5 seconds later a Constition Class Light Cruiser warps in to avenge your death. The Constitution Class Light Cruiser lasts for up to 60 seconds.
      This ability cannot trigger more than once every 60 seconds.
      I am sure that the TNG version of the ship didn't feature that same issue. ;)
    • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
      I want a T6 Oberon and size doesn’t matter LOL
      edited June 2019
      shadowkosh wrote: »
      I want a T6 Oberon and size doesn’t matter LOL
      Oberon? I did a google search for it and all I could find is a non-canon ship which looks like a Luna class.

edited July 2019

As a Fed C Store ship....I think the last was the T6 Nebula? I mean we had the vulcan ship for the event this year.....but I think straight Fed Zen ship....Nebula?
      I get the feeling that they must not like science ships now or are using them as a way to get people to buy more master keys or promo packs by making new science ships for lockboxes or promo boxes.
      edited August 2019
      I found these images of a TNG styled Oberth, I think it looks pretty cool.

Q7zStHr.jpg
      hfmsUaJ.jpg
      I found these images of a TNG styled Oberth, I think it looks pretty cool.

Q7zStHr.jpg
      hfmsUaJ.jpg

:)<3
      dvZq2Aj.jpg
      The purple lighting does look nice to me, a shame that it's not cannon.
    • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

And if they wanna update it a bit, they could do something like that
      2M0eGpS.jpg

Also fixes that "how do they go down below?" question.

Been wondering that last bit for while. It would be impractical if the crew had to use transporters, esp. if they were on the blink.

The only other way would be to either use Jefferies Tubes or turbolifts built into the struts.

And if they wanna update it a bit, they could do something like that
      2M0eGpS.jpg

Also fixes that "how do they go down below?" question.

Been wondering that last bit for while. It would be impractical if the crew had to use transporters, esp. if they were on the blink.

The only other way would be to either use Jefferies Tubes or turbolifts built into the struts.

Tzenkethi are BONED, then. o.O
      dvZq2Aj.jpg
    • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
      Give me a T6 Oberth and I will use it in every TFO

I would imagine that there's some sort of funicular elevators in them.

I would imagine that there's some sort of funicular elevators in them.

Or slides and ladders.
      dvZq2Aj.jpg
      edited August 2019
      It's probably unrealistic to think so but I hope a T6 Oberth is one of the ten canon ships that they want to release by next year.
    This discussion has been closed.