test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Next faction/arc... Terran - perhaps even in the ET timeline ??

tigeria#8677 tigeria Member Posts: 15 Arc User
Hi all

I would love to see next faction/arc coming - beeing Terran Mirror Universe... not a 1-2-3 story arc but a full one.. say.. 10-12 stories.. how it begins and develops can be anything, but at the end of it.. u flee to prime- hunted as you are for whatever reason there might be... u tried killing the emperor, u stabbed ure captain, ure a resistence fighter, what not, and now has to choose between the Klingon or the Fed side.. perhaps even as part of ure story choices as they proceed... as throwing in choices that coincide with either faction...

And the Terran - should NOT be human only - but all races, where some have more choices due to staying true to Canon... A Vulcan, Klingon etc would be Resistence fighters (or covertly working w them), where a Human may actually choose, or by actions choose - and end up on one or the other side of the battle.. empire or resistence... or perhaps just trying to stay neutral, not wanting to have anything to do w either, or a trader to both.. all up in the wind..

We already have the clothing for it in C-store, etc.. we have weapons.. ships... now - lets us have a story... obviously stories already in game involving Mirror would have to have those extra lines added - recognising u/or u having knowledge of events in Mirror, but other wise - granted not an expert on Mirror - but alot of things wouldnt have to change.. a mirror romulan, would very likely, (and canon), stick with Romulan ships also in prime.. etc..

Best part of it... it wouldnt break or have to break canon, as it already is established that fellow terrans gladly backstab's eachother and they wanna stop resistence, and the resistence is fighting to save themself...

Ontop of that, beeing a Fan of ET - i would love to see it playing out in the ET Mirror - giving us a actual ET timeline aswell - or it could start there.. - so two birds in 1 swoop.. Terrans, AND Enterprise.. both at once...

If too messy.. then let us have both.. :) i can definetly live w that :)

- Tiger
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Hi all

I would love to see next faction/arc coming - beeing Terran Mirror Universe... not a 1-2-3 story arc but a full one.. say.. 10-12 stories.. how it begins and develops can be anything, but at the end of it.. u flee to prime- hunted as you are for whatever reason there might be... u tried killing the emperor, u stabbed ure captain, ure a resistence fighter, what not, and now has to choose between the Klingon or the Fed side.. perhaps even as part of ure story choices as they proceed... as throwing in choices that coincide with either faction...
    I'm tired of Mirror/Terran anything.

They were revamped for the "Cardassian Struggle".
    They were a major opponent in "Future Proof".
    They are a major opponent in all the recent Star Trek:Discovery content.

If they make some kind of "playable Mirror universe sub-faction" with all this content you want, great. I hope it becomes something you enjoy.

I do not want any more Mirror/Terran content. I am really, really tired of Mirror/Terran content.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Yeah! Long live the Empire!

I want to be a proud Terran Officer who will willingly infiltrate the Federation! ... then will never see the light of day again ... because **** it ... not doing the reps again.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    Hi all

I'm tired of Mirror/Terran anything.

They were revamped for the "Cardassian Struggle".
    They were a major opponent in "Future Proof".
    They are a major opponent in all the recent Star Trek:Discovery content.

If they make some kind of "playable Mirror universe sub-faction" with all this content you want, great. I hope it becomes something you enjoy.

I do not want any more Mirror/Terran content. I am really, really tired of Mirror/Terran content.

Pretty much agreed with this guy. Just too tired of seeing Terrans everywhere in STO already.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I can't stand Mirror Leeta.

She's no different from any other big bad we've had. All talk and when she starts losing she runs away and leaves her minions to die slowing us down so she can get away.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Well, buckle up bucko. Cryptic has said the original post ViL story was going to involve Mirror Leeta's return, and finish out her story, and they plan to get back to it after the Disco content is over.

This.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    some, terran pike missions would be nice

D5DdtknUEAQA1vv?format=jpg&name=small
    Post edited by garaks31 on
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I have never heard of an ET Timeline.

Although, Mirror Pike would be incredible!
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    I have never heard of an ET Timeline.

Yeah, what the heck is an ET timeline?

ET phone home?
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    If you have not noticed yet, in STO we don't play the "evil" factions. No TOS Klingons, no AOD Klingons, no Romulan Star Empire, no Tal'Shiar, no Obsidian Order, no Cardassian Trueway, and thus, no Terran Empire.

So don't get your hopes up ,unless you can find a way to make the Terran Empire the good guys again. Terran Empire Rebellion Faction, the "Spockists"?

Personally, I think there is already too much Mirror Invasion stuff happening in STO.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    TRIBBLE this 'good guy' nonsense ... we can infiltrate the Federation like Lorca did :) I'll steal your tech and precious metals :O

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    TRIBBLE this 'good guy' nonsense ... we can infiltrate the Federation like Lorca did :) I'll steal your tech and precious metals :O
    And Lorca's accomplishments by doing so were:
    -a few Federation victories, including the destruction of the Klingon flagship, and eventually semi-peace with them which would end up being very beneficial in the future of the Prime universe
    -the death of all of his co-conspirators,
    -the death of all Terran lords,
    -the destruction of the most powerful ship of your fleet,
    -the destruction of the ISS Discovery and disappearance in the future of Captain Killy,
    -the disappearance of your Emperor,
    -the death of the guy responsible for harvesting the power of the mycelial network (a good thing, too, because it was threatening the entire multiverse)

And the catastrophic collapse of this era of the Empire happened in about one day and because of only one science vessel and her crew.

So, if I were you, I wouldn't boast much because you have a terrible pedigree of spectacular backfires so far when you try to meddle with universes that aren't yours. :P
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    So don't get your hopes up ,unless you can find a way to make the Terran Empire the good guys again. Terran Empire Rebellion Faction, the "Spockists"?

IMO it would be something more along the lines of the lame "Romulan Republic" name wise. How does "Terran Republic" sound? I know, it sounds horrible. Some of us don't want to play lame good guys. Some of us would love to play as the Romulan Star Empire type of Romulans or bad guy Cardassians. I don't blame the OP for wanting to play as the Terran Empire. But sadly as others have said, it won't happen.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Ship skins and prefixes
    Mirror interior as well for both Discovery era and STO era
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      edited April 2019
      The Terran Empire literally lives and dies on the hands of the Prime reality.

Quite a few Parallel Universes hold that title.

thay8472 wrote: »
      And Lorca's accomplishments by doing so were:
      -a few Federation victories, including the destruction of the Klingon flagship, and eventually semi-peace with them which would end up being very beneficial in the future of the Prime universe
      -the death of all of his co-conspirators,
      -the death of all Terran lords,
      -the destruction of the most powerful ship of your fleet,
      -the destruction of the ISS Discovery and disappearance in the future of Captain Killy,
      -the disappearance of your Emperor,
      -the death of the guy responsible for harvesting the power of the mycelial network (a good thing, too, because it was threatening the entire multiverse)

And the catastrophic collapse of this era of the Empire happened in about one day and because of only one science vessel and her crew.

So, if I were you, I wouldn't boast much because you have a terrible pedigree of spectacular backfires so far when you try to meddle with universes that aren't yours. :P

Well unlike Lorca I have no interest in mutiny :) (Unless the Emperor turns out to be Wesley Crusher)

The death of one ship will not see the end of the Empire ... in fact with the Charon gone we may end up with some form of real leadership in the Empire!

The Empire will survive ... it'll always survive! :grin:

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
      Yes I want this, and as a twist on the Fed tutorial, maybe you have to kill the Mirror Masc Taggart to steal his ship?
      Sometimes it's more fun to be bad, that's coming from a Mass Effect player doing the whole trilogy in renegade
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
        > @theraven2378 said:
        > Sometimes it's more fun to be bad, that's coming from a Mass Effect player doing the whole trilogy in renegade

A bad guy faction could still work, as long as you end up exiled on the Prime Universe like Lorca and have to adapt.
        Very true
        NMXb2ph.png
        • n7belannan7belanna Member Posts: 28 Arc User
          edited April 2019
          Sometimes it's more fun to be bad, that's coming from a Mass Effect player doing the whole trilogy in renegade

This.

Personally I would love the opportunity to play as a Terran.

While I (sadly) also realize it'll never happen because most players prefer to play the "good guys" as Cryptic has stated when asked about a Terran faction previously... there would be fun ways to implement such a faction.

Thinking about the way they introduced the Dominion faction you could basically start out with a Terran arc of preferably around eight to ten episodes fighting for the Empire in the mirror universe and making tough choices (something STO in general could use more of) until circumstances - as OP said there are a lot of possibilities there - force you to to switch universes and join forces with either Federation or Klingon Empire.
          Similiar to the Delta and TOS recruitment events you could then get some special "probes" and dialogues in established missions in your quest to return home and / or seek revenge.

While you're working "undercover " for the Federation or KDF your character could slowly - by way of those added dialogues - realize that getting home isn't possible and find their own way forward kinda like mirror Georgiou in DSC (which would be a way to let Mirror characters play new missions with very few changes in dialogue neccessary).

This would also partly counter the whole "we can't play evil" argument, since you could argue that after arriving in the prime universe your character slowly begins to assimilate (obviously you could RP / head-canon your own way around this) while still allowing you to play as a evil Terran in the first missions set in the mirror universe.
          Post edited by n7belanna on
          "If you're telling me that this ship can skip across the universe on a highway made of mushrooms, I kind of have to go on faith... Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous. Black alert." - Christopher Pike
        • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
          I’m happy with the mirror costume options we have. There’s no way I’m going to grind out yet another toon. But, i’ll Take more Mirror content over ST:D any day.
        • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
          > @sophlogimo said:
          > tacticoolfugga#9235 wrote: »
          >
          > [...]There’s no way I’m going to grind out yet another toon. [...]
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > Getting a captain to level 65 isn't grinding any more, as you can just create it now and play whatever you want. Sure, that captain will probably never reach even tier 5 in all the reputations, but who cares for that anyway... a fully complete character is vastly overpowered for any of the game's content.
          >
          >
          It’s more than just the reps. Starship traits, collecting the gear for the build, upgrading gear, captain specialization trees...there’s no point to it anyway because I have toons that cover the factions and careers. A better approach would be to create an alien character, and piece together different species in the outfit slots. Then you can be whatever you want. Whenever you want.
        This discussion has been closed.