test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are you listening to? (Totally off-topic.)

Comments

• theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @theboxisred said:
    > Once you get past the knock-off TOS intro there is some pretty good stuff.

It is not a knock off. Gene was the one who dictated the intro.

That doesn't make it not-a-knock-off, though.
  • theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @theboxisred said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @theboxisred said:
    > > Once you get past the knock-off TOS intro there is some pretty good stuff.
    >
    > It is not a knock off. Gene was the one who dictated the intro.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That doesn't make it not-a-knock-off, though.

Yes it does, it was made by the shows's creator, who is credited as a co-author of the song, and was licensed by the owners of the franchise. It is no more a knock off than the music used in STO.

I went and looked it up. You are indeed correct.

I'm gonna go sit over here...

B)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Should have just used a variant of the TOS theme IMO.

I mean... I feel like the later 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites games did better.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQMvPbXQSiY
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YinYm4mbpvQ
    Underrated track from an underrated album
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
      Underrated track from an underrated album

I greatly agree. IMO, that's the best one on there.

The new album is also really good.

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
      https://youtu.be/iu4em-l90XU

Need to watch that movie again sometime.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
        Sabaton is announcing album #9 Tuesday! B)
        "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
        — Sabaton, "Great War"
        VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
        starswordc wrote: »
        Sabaton is announcing album #9 Tuesday! B)

Nice, they do some good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSR6ZzjDZ94

Listening to some Boston myself. Always time for some classic rock! ^^

21 'til I die!
      • marcase2marcase2 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
        Brighter Moons by Sam Perry
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8OoqUxjtuMA
        Marcase-Medal-banner-2.png
        The Mighty 44th. Boldly bashing Borgs to bits since 2010.

Lots of Rob Zombie
        NMXb2ph.png
        • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
          22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
          Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
          JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
          'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
          'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
          '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
          'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
          '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5jlLJa2Zhs
          Love this track, really uplifting
          NMXb2ph.png
          • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
            artan42 wrote: »

Beat me to it.
            "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
            — Sabaton, "Great War"
            VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
          • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
            starswordc wrote: »
            artan42 wrote: »

Beat me to it.

Leaving aside the song for a moment. The video itself is so good. A swarm of Swordfish, you don't see that very often.​​
            22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
            Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
            JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
            'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
            'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
            '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
            'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
            '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
            NMXb2ph.png
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ZJUAAkdys

Disco/funk Star Trek music. I actually made a disco/funk playlist just for playing STO. Includes disco Star Wars and even the Black Hole.

21 'til I die!
            • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
              Stuff such as The Siege of Vraks by Arch Warhammer, debates by Sargon of Akkad(who is running to be an MEP. I hope he wins), Warhammer 40k Lore by 40k Theories, or various topics by Vee. Sometimes I'll listen to other audio material like the narrative movie of Helsreach, Starship Troopers(the book not the movie), or the Darth Bane trilogy.
              edited May 2019
              ichaerus1 wrote: »
              Stuff such as The Siege of Vraks by Arch Warhammer, debates by Sargon of Akkad(who is running to be an MEP. I hope he wins), Warhammer 40k Lore by 40k Theories, or various topics by Vee. Sometimes I'll listen to other audio material like the narrative movie of Helsreach, Starship Troopers(the book not the movie), or the Darth Bane trilogy.

Arch's series on Vraks is excellent, so is his other 40K lore. I had a good laugh with Tuska the Daemonkiller and enjoyed his series on the wars for Armageddon
              NMXb2ph.png
              • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
                ichaerus1 wrote: »

Arch's series on Vraks is excellent, so is his other 40K lore. I had a good laugh with Tuska the Daemonkiller and enjoyed his series on the wars for Armageddon

A lot of Arch's content is great. Creative and colorful with his vocabulary, especially if there are other people participating as well. Really liked his Dark Eldar lore videos, and the stuff on Magnus the Red.
                I'm watching his series on Vraks atm
                Happy gasmask sounds
                NMXb2ph.png
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UowWgiT8wrY

Works pretty well with larger cruisers in game.
                  NMXb2ph.png
                    I've been on a vintage Metallica kick the last few days, as well as Black Flag.

21 'til I die!