test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: Rise of Discovery, starring Jason Isaacs and Rekha Sharma

Comments

• claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    While I am seriously super excited for this... This is what we were surpose to go to a 3rd party site to see?
    Please STO, just stick to announcing things here on their own site, and don't do this again.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    tomilak wrote: »
    As i seem to recall didnt Lorca die?

Mirror Lorca did. Or was absorbed by the mycelial network.......

Prime Locra.... well, we know he swapped places with his Mirror-Counterpart; the assumption was that he probably wouldn't have survived in the Mirror Universe; however it was never addressed further and was thus left open-ended, so who knows?

the ISS Buran exploded immediately after Prime Lorca crossed over, unfortunately it is assumed he died.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    (Discussion of moderation removed. - BMR)
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Is this the last part of the Discovery expansion? Can someone/thing else take the spotlight?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I'd love to have Landry's hairstyle too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    Jason Isaacs Well done. The first Star Trek Captain to join STO. Would be wicked if one day we had Archer, Lorca, Pike, Saru (presuming he will be captain in S3), Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway All in one expansion or game up date.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    (Discussion of moderation removed. - BMR)
    Also this isn't an expansion. By the time they're finished with it it will be the size of an expansion, but it is not classified as an actual expansion. Frankly I'd call it a beefier season. But its not Expansion level beefy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Commander Landry? "I'm gonna shoot that Tardigrade till it tells me how to use it as a weapon" Landry? The most ridiculous, condescending, wanna be badass chief of security in the history of Star Trek? I can't wait to meet her..
    War can change a person.
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Is this the last part of the Discovery expansion? Can someone/thing else take the spotlight?
    No.

Cryptic has talked about how, by the time the Discovery content is done, there will be two full arcs. This likely referring to how Age/Mirror of Discovery are two arcs in the journal.

A full arc in STO is MINIMUM 5 missions, more typically its around 7-8. So, if there are two full arcs, we would need a minimum of 10, but probably closer to 14-16 missions. Rise of Discovery is only adding another 2 missions, bringing our total to 6, so we have at least 2, probably closer to 4-5, more Discovery content releases.

Now, Cryptic did say the stories will likely jump around a lot more. So this might be the end of the Discovery content for now, as they wait for actors to become available, but we are likely not even half way through the Discovery content in general.

We still need the
    -Playable Discovery Andorians, Tellarites, and Saurians
    -Discovery era Klingon costume parts
    -All of the remaining Discovery era Fed and KDF ships
    Cryptic has said they are going to do.

yes, this is the last Discovey expansion, there is no more content to base any missions on as the Discovery and its crew are now 930 years in the future (from 2257).
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Props for getting Jason Isaacs hes a great actor & Lorca was my only draw for the 1st season.
    That said im sad its all Discovery based at the moment as its not the strongest of the ip thats for sure
    yes, this is the last Discovey expansion, there is no more content to base any missions on as the Discovery and its crew are now 930 years in the future (from 2257).
    Cryptic has literally said otherwise.

And you seem to forget that all of the Discovery content so far has only involved stuff from season 1, there is still all of season 2 to draw from like the Red Orb, the Talosians, Terralysium, Section 31, the Red Angel suit, Boreth time crystals, etc. etc.

i'm literally basing this on what cryptic has said
    edited April 2019
    i'm literally basing this on what cryptic has said
    Except you are obviously not as Al Rivera has talked about how long the Discovery arcs will be, and many of the things the Discovery expansion will end up having, and Rise of Discovery isn't bringing it.

Hell, we already know there is another Discovery themed event in June as the second part of the "earn a free T6 ship via coupon" event, as well as the release of the Disco Connie and D7.

a new connie dosen't mean there will be new missions
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    And we actually have a thread in General Discussion asking what players would like to see included from Season 2. :smirk:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    One thing I wonder is how they'll portray Prime!Lorca to contrast with the deadly serious, morally-lacking Mirror one.

Personally, I'm half-jokingly hoping for his personality being close to Adam West's Batman:

"Hello, old time-travely chums! Are you on some kind of time star trek or something?"
    "Holy smelly Tellarite phaser, Ellen! Get me the Klingon-repellent phasers online, if it's not too much to ask!"
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a warp core breach!"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'd love to have Landry's hairstyle too.

^so much this
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Well, have to admit am impressed - Jason Issacs is a pretty big name to add to the list of Trek actors who've done voice-work for STO!

How big a name is he?

Here in the UK he's one of the most famous actors https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005042/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1
    Well, have to admit am impressed - Jason Issacs is a pretty big name to add to the list of Trek actors who've done voice-work for STO!

How big a name is he?

Petty big - he's probably best known for playing Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies.

Thanks, guys :)
    I forgot seeing him without the blond wig in on of the videos released from Pottermore that was on YouTube.

He's definitely one of those actors who are able to pull off a convincing accent, considering how he performed Captain Lorca. :)
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    6jBTTxY.jpg

Can you guys remaster the Devidian Story with Jason Issac ....Just saying

Or can i get a Jason Issac Medical office who can summon event horizons

Or a time Traveling episode where we go back to the American revolutionary war and stop a time traveling Jason Issac

GwaoHAD.png