test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: Rise of Discovery, starring Jason Isaacs and Rekha Sharma

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited April 2019 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We're incredibly proud to announce our next major update, Rise of Discovery, starring Jason Isaacs and Rekha Sharma. Find out all the details at PC Gamer right now!

https://www.pcgamer.com/star-trek-onlines-rise-of-discovery-update-brings-back-captain-lorca/?fbclid=IwAR1FIyw56dCI3dMTyaC4EBVGnMgehMGZvKNlJJ12FrEN5ngmfPm5q_rYTB4
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Mirror or prime Lorca?
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
      Oh hell yeah, exciting news to be sure!
    • feralaffferalaff Member Posts: 77 Arc User
      Lorca was the ONLY character i like from discovery.
      I am happy to see him back
    • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
      I have been wondering wether it’s Mirror or Prime Lorca but from the trailer it looks like Prime.
    • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
      Mirror or prime Lorca?

If the transporter switch happened in the same place (which nothing in Trek seems to indicate Prime/Mirror switches happening in separate locations), I'd say this is the backstory of "our" Lorca switching with Mirror Lorca since they're on their way to Priors World in the trailer.
    • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
      The article pretty strongly implies it's prime Lorca:
      It's set before the events of the first season, and players will need to help the commander rescue a stranded Captain Lorca and deal with the Klingons of House Mo'Kai.
      tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
      entnx01 wrote: »
      Mirror or prime Lorca?

If the transporter switch happened in the same place (which nothing in Trek seems to indicate Prime/Mirror switches happening in separate locations), I'd say this is the backstory of "our" Lorca switching with Mirror Lorca since they're on their way to Priors World in the trailer.

This is my guess as well. While I'm no fan of the TV series, I have liked what Cryptic has done with DSC. I look forward to this update!
    • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
      I'm going to assume the Galactic Union (future feds) falls if they're allowing all these temporal events to take place.
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
      edited April 2019
      (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
      Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
      Hmm, I see folks mentioning a trailer, yet I see no trailer. Is it on YouTube by chance?
      Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
      Holly **** u guys went n gt a captin to do vo work. I. Hopfull for a mount./ Isaacs epsoide now lol :D
    • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
      Not seen any episode of Discovery, no idea who those guys are… and don't care B)
    • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
      edited April 2019
      (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
      Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
      jH7LGEi.jpg
    • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
      As i seem to recall didnt Lorca die?
    • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
      Mirror or prime Lorca?

From what I read on PC Games site, it's 'Prime' Lorca before the incident that swapped him with the Disco-Mirror Lorca.
      kekvin wrote: »
      Holly **** u guys went n gt a captin to do vo work. I. Hopfull for a mount./ Isaacs epsoide now lol :D

The work around is that Captain refers to the main character of a Star Trek series, and in the case of Discovery, it's Commander Burnham who's the main character.
      iamynaught wrote: »
      Hmm, I see folks mentioning a trailer, yet I see no trailer. Is it on YouTube by chance?

There's a trailer on PC Games site. Cryptic will probably post it here either later on today, or tomorrow.
    • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
      edited April 2019
      (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)

On the subject at hand, having Jason Isaacs is very nice, and who knows, we may get to recruit him as a temporal agent so he can be part of the Discovery crew in Season 3.
      #TASforSTO
      Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
      I dnt care. He holds the rank of
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
      Holy... We're getting Lorca...
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
      edited April 2019
      (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
      reyan01 wrote: »
      Well, have to admit am impressed - Jason Issacs is a pretty big name to add to the list of Trek actors who've done voice-work for STO!

How big a name is he?
    • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
      This. Is. So. Awesome! :smiley:
      reyan01 wrote: »
      Well, have to admit am impressed - Jason Issacs is a pretty big name to add to the list of Trek actors who've done voice-work for STO!

How big a name is he?

Here in the UK he's one of the most famous actors https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005042/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1
    • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
      edited April 2019
      (Trolling, gatekeeping comments moderated out. - BMR)
      NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
      Here is a screen cap from the video, it's a bit blurry but you can clearly see Lorca
      ekjPV6n.jpg
    • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
      If mirror Lorca could blend into Starfleet so well, prime Lorca is probably capable of surving in the Terran Empire. Though he might really have PTSD this time...

What was it Spock said? "It was far easier for you as civilized men to act as barbarians, than for them as barbarians to act like civilized men."
      tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
      Well... the problem with Prime Lorca's survival is that apparently the ISS Buran was already tagged as a rebel ship and was being actively hunted by the Charon or some other loyalist ship. Not only that, I think she was destroyed too.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)