test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Command Cruiser Dreadnought Bundle!

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    ishigami2 wrote: »
    Who knows. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll do what they did with the T6 Prometheus.

Mind telling me what you mean? I'm serious, STO is on/off for me. I do not know what you are talking about and I have the T6 Prometheus and I don't get it since prefer the T6 Akira over it.

They slightly changed the boff layout after initially releasing it's stats. People were very critical of it's boff layout. If memory serves, they changed an ensign tactical seat to an ensign universal seat.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    welp this is the one Ive been waiting on... looks great, hell for the first time I even like the 2410 skin, normally I despise the nacelle shape and the fact they're cartoony and oversized... bit weird the bussard are ORANGE no matter what vanity you put on it tho

but damn once I look at the stats it falls on its nose... then I see the BOFF seating and I really... hate it... The Klink ship was expected, not the barftacular raiders as fighters but eh... among t6 cruisers of all types only eng/sci CBC are unable to get a ltCmdr Tac either native or via uni
    Was also kinda hoping for 5/3 like a lot of the other DSC ships have gotten a more aggressive weapon layout

really wanted the cardenas but... ick...

also end of april and STILL NO WARBIRDS

yall really need to get over the crazy obsession with censoring a certain acronym associated with this show

If the Buzzard Collector is still orange, that means that it's animated… and those are the prettiest and movie accurate nacelles ever!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    All the testing they had with these Ships on Tribble led to this being the ideal Boff Layout.

Also, they even got the 'Incoming Transmission' wrong. It said April 24th. Well the detail Announcement is out on the 23rd and the Ships availible for purchase on the 25th.

24th anyone?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    I really don't know why there's hatred towards the Qoj. The guys at Cryptic work on the schematics based on the original concept. To be honest they have done a bang on job. Compare the original to that in game.
    I'm not saying they didn't do a good job of bringing the ships into the game, they did. They look true to their on screen counterparts. My problem is that I don't care for the Klingon ships that have come out of Discovery, because none of them look particularly Klingon to me (the M'Chla, for example, looks Romulan). So all I'm saying is that it would've been nice if the Qoj, Qugh, and M'Chla had come with some updated costume options that reflect the aesthetic that the Klingon Empire currently uses in STO, the same way the Cardenas, Nimitz, Magee, and Shepard have updated Fed costumes.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    All the testing they had with these Ships on Tribble led to this being the ideal Boff Layout.

Also, they even got the 'Incoming Transmission' wrong. It said April 24th. Well the detail Announcement is out on the 23rd and the Ships availible for purchase on the 25th.

24th anyone?

What if the "incoming transmission wasn't for the ship, but for something else regarding the ship, like say a story mission?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    They slightly changed the boff layout after initially releasing it's stats. People were very critical of it's boff layout. If memory serves, they changed an ensign tactical seat to an ensign universal seat.

I see, thanks.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    A Wednesday? We had Blog about it already on the 22nd.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    lnblade wrote: »
    The Buran looks great as a modernized Cardenas. But how come the Klingon ships don't get modernized options? Neither the Qugh nor M'Chla had modern options, while the Gagarin and Shran did. And now it's the same thing with the Qoj. It would be nice if the KDF ships could get alternatives to their DSC looks (something that actually makes them look like Klingon ships).

/QFT! I do not care for the "Cathedral Ship" look of the Disco Klingons. It may appeal to some, but it's rubbish to me. I really wish Cryptic would have offered 2410 variants for the KDF, too.

I really dislike the Klingon ship's look, so I'd pass on it even if the boff seating gets fixed.

It reminds me of the pulled-taffy stretched out temporal ships which I also can't stand.

Which is why I immediately switched those ships to the 23rd century TOS style. I know some don't like it, but it's much more appealing to me than the spaghetti look.

The 25th century fed ships are decent looking actually, but the KDF, bleh. The little (cylon) raider in the Operations pack is the only DSC era KDF ship I could consider flying.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    OK, so from the images at the bottom of the post, can anyone explain how we are to get the KHG shield on the Fed ship, and vice versa?

For FED, the Adapted MACO set is the same as the KHG, and vice-versa for KDF with Adapted Honor Guard.

EDIT: I for some reason thought this site auto-merged posts, but I'm thinking of another game.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I still plan on getting both ships. My KDF could use a ship with the Command mechanic, and... dat Battle Cloak.

And IMO if it has a less than ideal BOff layout, you adapt. They're clearly not built to be the end all damage dealer, but more of a command ship that can hold her own, but excells more at supporting other ships. Hence the trait. Its serviceable, but its not the ubership.

The console might get better use off a Sci Ship though if Electical damage is considered Exotic.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lordbeefy7lordbeefy7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    Omg...no lt cdr tac seat?

Like many of the posters, i think the look of the Buran is spectacular, but the seating?????

The klingon is not to my taste bug i wud normally get the package as the cost for the extra ship is reasonable but im really put off by the boff seating.

Really not sure about this one at all.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    It's setup like a regular cruiser, they seem to have forgotten how dreadnoughts are usually setup as.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    It's setup like a regular cruiser, they seem to have forgotten how dreadnoughts are usually setup as.

I think most of my cruisers include Lt. Commander tactical though.
    edited April 2019
    By regular I mean engi heavy, then there's tactical cruisers and there's science cruisers.
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    The Fed ship is pretty but...

Straight up Command Cruisers? No Hybrid like everything else we've had lately? Wow.
    But I already own the old Command Cruisers, what reason is there to make me want these?

Aren't Command powers under-preforming atm? I know Inspiration had to be revamped at first to even work.
    Has it been fixed or buffed since I last used my Command Cruisers?

I'm confused about these ships. :/
    edited April 2019
    It's kind of odd how the Presidio command battlecruiser has a setup that seems more like a dreadnought than this ship despite not actually being one.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    kirk2811 wrote: »
    Without any desire to be controversial, I prefer 2 nacelles ships. Maybe I'll wait for the DSC Connie perhaps?

Whereas I'll likely be grabbing this because they still haven't put out my 4-nacelle T6 Dakota/Cheyenne/etc. :)

(so will this have the DSC-era parts as well, like the Europa did, or do you have to grab the Fleet version to get that?)
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    Rabble rabble still no Romulan ships, don't care about disco, releasing some non disco Rom ships over the course of this expansion is what should of happened.

Also the Klingon ships are ugly as sin, really should of given them some skins that look like current age Klingon cruisers, more so than the Fed ships.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    The boff layout is interesting, something new to try out. Of course, those who only care for DPS will miss the ability to use the overpowered level 3 AOE powers like TS or FAW, but having yet another ship with the same boring layout wouldn't have done the game much good.

Ask yourselves, folks: Can you make a decent ship out of this, or are you just into carbon-copying your old ship builds?

It's more complicated than just a DPS obsession. It's a 4/4 ship that can load dual cannons. Ok not optimal but whatever. I still enjoy DC's on my 4/4 ships. But then you can only get lieutenant tac powers meaning if you do load dual cannons, you can only use CSV/CRF 1. Not even rank 2 which makes you ask "what's the point of this ship being able to load DC's?"

Continuing, it's yet another 4/4 ship with command spec. How many of those do I have? Seems like 15 or 20. Why would I want another one? Especially when all the ones I already have are all better? Well besides that horrific Samsar. I actually don't have a problem with the console layout. I'm not obsessed with the mentality of "MUST HAVE 4 or 5 TAC CONSOLES!!!" But when you add the console layout to the other negatives about this ship it all adds up to be too many negatives for me to consider buying it.

And while I do love how it looks I only realized today that the model is much MUCH smaller than I thought it was so I'm not that unhappy about the ship stats being so lackluster. I guess I just headcanoned it as being an ST:D version of a Vengeance in terms of size.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Still not buying any new c-store ships until new Romulan ships start coming out again. I don't care why they're not. I don't care if CBS doesn't want any released, as long as they're not yet appearing in Discovery. I don't care that my Romulans can use allied faction ships. Overall, I don't care about any possible excuse anyone could insert, at this point. I also don't care about the OTHER pseudo-faction you added (Dominion) and then apparently abandoned; that's someone else's soapbox to stand on. If you weren't going to support that, either, it shouldn't have been added in the first place.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The boff layout is interesting, something new to try out. Of course, those who only care for DPS will miss the ability to use the overpowered level 3 AOE powers like TS or FAW, but having yet another ship with the same boring layout wouldn't have done the game much good.

Ask yourselves, folks: Can you make a decent ship out of this, or are you just into carbon-copying your old ship builds?

It's more complicated than just a DPS obsession. It's a 4/4 ship that can load dual cannons. Ok not optimal but whatever. I still enjoy DC's on my 4/4 ships. But then you can only get lieutenant tac powers meaning if you do load dual cannons, you can only use CSV/CRF 1. Not even rank 2 which makes you ask "what's the point of this ship being able to load DC's?"

Continuing, it's yet another 4/4 ship with command spec. How many of those do I have? Seems like 15 or 20. Why would I want another one? Especially when all the ones I already have are all better? Well besides that horrific Samsar. I actually don't have a problem with the console layout. I'm not obsessed with the mentality of "MUST HAVE 4 or 5 TAC CONSOLES!!!" But when you add the console layout to the other negatives about this ship it all adds up to be too many negatives for me to consider buying it.

And while I do love how it looks I only realized today that the model is much MUCH smaller than I thought it was so I'm not that unhappy about the ship stats being so lackluster. I guess I just headcanoned it as being an ST:D version of a Vengeance in terms of size.

Well said on all of it.. the ship is a complete disappointment in every way. I also agree that it's way too small.

I have however, come to terms with all of it.. and it's fine.

If some people like this and think it's worth their money then great.. get it and I honestly hope you enjoy it.

Personally, this ship does not meet my needs in any possible way and I will not be buying it. It's fine.. I already got the ships I wanted (Gagarin/Qugh) and I am perfectly happy with those.

I look forward to the weekend, it will be fun carrying all these ships through Advanced Queues. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The fed ship looks gorgeous. The KDF ship looks like something my dog would vomit up. No romulan ship still...so yeah...no to all of it still.

No Disco era Romulans so no Romulan ship .... BUTTTTTTTTTTTT after the ending to S2 well all manner possibilities lay ahead
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Certain folks in here need to dial it way back. As the old saying goes, if you can't think of something nice to say, don't say it at all. Civil discussion and disagreement are permitted, but attacking others is not. If folks can't keep things civil then I will be forced to bust out the mod sword again. Carry on folks.

Yesh, swing thine sword.

Ummmm, what would a Mod Sword look like, anyhow? o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User

:)
    Gonna experiment with mine, gonna use some of those t6 modules I've been holding on to. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    The long-awaited Buran, the last ship captained by Gabriel Lorca, and the Klingon Qoj class, are coming to Star Trek Online on PC this week!
    Buy them as a bundle, and get a fleet version of one of the ships as well!
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11143603

What I like
    The ships, particularly the Buran are stunning and will help channel that inner Lorca in us all.

What I don't like
    The inclusion of keys in a 2-ship pack. Keys? Seriously?
    If you are going to include extras please keep it to ship related items like dry dock slots or ship slots.
    You would have hooked me (hard) if there was a small craft Disco class C shuttle or playable House Mo’kai Fighter as a bundle extra.

I can't relate to, nor do I see the logic of including keys in a 2-ship pack (and I really hope this isn't a new normal). I buy ship bundles - to get bundles of ... ships.
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The long-awaited Buran, the last ship captained by Gabriel Lorca, and the Klingon Qoj class, are coming to Star Trek Online on PC this week!
    Buy them as a bundle, and get a fleet version of one of the ships as well!
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11143603

What I like
    The ships, particularly the Buran are stunning and will help channel that inner Lorca in us all.

What I don't like
    The inclusion of keys in a 2-ship pack. Keys? Seriously?
    If you are going to include extras please keep it to ship related items like dry dock slots or ship slots.
    You would have hooked me (hard) if there was a small craft Disco class C shuttle or playable House Mo’kai Fighter as a bundle extra.

I can't relate to, nor do I see the logic of including keys in a 2-ship pack (and I really hope this isn't a new normal). I buy ship bundles - to get bundles of ... ships.

The keys are an odd choice, but I do like the inclusion of the fleet module.

If this ship didn't suck, I would have used it on a low level character since it's scaling. Low levels don't have unlocked reps yet, so they don't have free Fleet Modules. The inclusion of the Fleet Module lets a low level character obtain the fleet version right away and use it for the entire level up process.. that's a nice addition.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User

They give you keys in the hope that you'll open lockboxes, then buy more keys to open more lockboxes. The logic is obvious, if not intelligent.

• finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Can we get confirmation whether the stat block is correct with 5-3-3 consoles, or the scaling matrix with 4-3-4?
    Anyway, i got 4k zen waiting. :)