test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Command Cruiser Dreadnought Bundle!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
The long-awaited Buran, the last ship captained by Gabriel Lorca, and the Klingon Qoj class, are coming to Star Trek Online on PC this week!

Buy them as a bundle, and get a fleet version of one of the ships as well!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11143603

Comments

• f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    Not even a Tactical Lt. Cmdr. slot?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    The Buran looks gorgeous and I love it with the Ferengi vanity shield! That's a fantastic adaptation of the Cardenas design! It's just what I've been looking for ^_^
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    The Buran looks gorgeous and I love it with the Ferengi vanity shield! That's a fantastic adaptation of the Cardenas design! It's just what I've been looking for ^_^

I would agree .... except for the BOFF layout.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • gingi101gingi101 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Ummm, whats with that BOFF layout????
  • doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    Stats and Bridge Officer Stations are not attractives.
    Qapla'
    Aesthetics top Boff layout for me usually. This layout is ... interesting, but the look of it surpasses any trepidation for me this time.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    These stats are insulting to the artist that put the time and effort into making such a beautiful model. Why have someone put forth the effort to make something so nice and then hamstring it with such terrible stats?

Seriously, this layout is a complete joke. Very disappointing and an easy decision to not purchase.

And for the love of all that's holy, please learn what the word Dreadnought means and stop using it as a universal label. This is in no way a 'Dreadnought.'
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    The Fed ship looks nice, the Klingorc is… alien and ugly - but that may be just me (and maybe because I work in Design Departament of our Manufacturing Plant - and who the heck designed that Klingorcs fighters - they are structural failure just from looks!)
    But frankly - the whole Discovery thing does not work for me - maybe because I did not see any episode, while I saw many Next Gen, DS9, Voyager, even some TOS.
    Edit:
    And Romalans are not getting anything - propably because there are no Romulans in Discovery - from what I'm getting form some threads on forums.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    I don't get the fuss over the console slots but it does seem pretty weird that it doesn't at least get a universal Lt. Cmdr slot that you could use as Tactical if you wanted.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    > Bridge Officer Stations: Lieutenant Tactical, Lieutenant Tactical/Command, Commander Engineering/Command, Lieutenant Commander Science, Lieutenant Universal
    genhauk wrote: »
    Not even a Tactical Lt. Cmdr. slot?

I have to agree with the consensus that the lack of a Lt. Commander Tac is a serious flaw in the boff layout.

It might be OK if the Universal was Lt. Commander, though then the second Lt. tactical would be overkill.

Something like this would be excellent:

Lieutenant Tactical/Command, Commander Engineering/Command, Lieutenant Commander Science, Lieutenant Universal, Lt. Commander Universal

... then the Lt. Cmdr could be used for tactical and the Lt. uni could be used for either science or engineering depending on the build.

• lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    The Buran looks great as a modernized Cardenas. But how come the Klingon ships don't get modernized options? Neither the Qugh nor M'Chla had modern options, while the Gagarin and Shran did. And now it's the same thing with the Qoj. It would be nice if the KDF ships could get alternatives to their DSC looks (something that actually makes them look like Klingon ships).
    And for the love of all that's holy, please learn what the word Dreadnought means and stop using it as a universal label. This is in no way a 'Dreadnought.'

Dreadnought literally means "fears nothing." The ship does not have to be the end all be all of battleship design for that to apply.
  • tritan2409tritan2409 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    *Puts away wallet*

Not with THAT boff layout. No lt-com tac seating?
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I think is a typo.. perhaps there is one liutenant commander tactical, or universal over there.. i can work with what is now, but would be better with a little change..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    Ships looks stunning but there is no way I would buy a ship with such a messed up bridge officer and console layout.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    > DISCLAIMER: All information in this blog post is subject to change.

Please do!
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Boff layout as other have said is strange. KDF one just looks ugly to me, looks more like an alien ship then a kdf one.
    I love the way it looks..

Sadly, thats where the enthusiasm ends.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User

Hm… interesting - I always thought that Dreadnought is just a biggest possible, most overarmored, and overgunned ship possible to build.

Anyway - the old Command Cruisers Mega Bundle looks better for me - especially with the 4th piece of console set from... Samsar was it? And they are fleet grade ships straight from the store.

The only good thing I see about this 2 ships is the Universal Console, which can be moved to any ship, but currently it's not worth it as it is for me... maybe if I got some serious Zen/Dil savings… and ther will be nothing better in the store...
    saber1973a wrote: »

Hm… interesting - I always thought that Dreadnought is just a biggest possible, most overarmored, and overgunned ship possible to build.

Anyway - the old Command Cruisers Mega Bundle looks better for me - especially with the 4th piece of console set from... Samsar was it? And they are fleet grade ships straight from the store.

The only good thing I see about this 2 ships is the Universal Console, which can be moved to any ship, but currently it's not worth it as it is for me... maybe if I got some serious Zen/Dil savings… and ther will be nothing better in the store...

Honestly..

Even though the console arrangement is so/so, the trait is sub par and the universal console looks completely uninteresting..

I would still buy the ship if it had a Lt. Commander Tactical. It's a beautiful ship, I can work around the console layout.. I would fly the fleet version anyway and don't care about the trait (though a better trait would have been appreciated) and I don't usually expect much from the bundled console anyway.

The bridge officer layout is just the final nail though.. it's just too bad to consider even if I really do love the look of the ship.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I am honestly in love with the ship, stats be damned.

I was saving up for the Jem'hadar vanguard pack... but I think I can suffer without it a bit longer to get this ship.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Great looking ship. Meh (at best) boff/console layout. Par for the course with the c-store. As usual I would have preferred a better boff/console layout in a lock box or lobi version instead of a meh c-store version.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • georikzaberiskgeorikzaberisk Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    I was excited when I saw a New Command Battle Cruiser coming out and it's even a Dread type. Saw the Looks and it's great. Saw the Stats and BoFF's Layout... Got disappointed. What's worse it's not even an improvement from the Presidio. Heck The Concorde has better Turn, Inertia and stats compared to this one. The Fleet variant also don't compare most specially against the Presidio. In fact the Gimmick Console and the Starship Traits are a MEH.

Seriously if I where a new player I would rather buy the Presidio than this ship since it's much better. Heck you don't even need to buy a Fleet version of the Presidio since it doesn't need one because of the Fact that it's already a Fleet equivalent with 11 slots for consoles. The only thing this ship has is it's good looks.

If you want to make this better, Make this a 4-3-3 C-Store version and 5-3-3 Fleet version. Also this will be a slow turner an inertia of 25? This will be as slow as the Yamato. Heck you guys gave the Vengeance an inertia of 40 making it decent on it's movement, Why can't you give this one that same type of movement and a better Turn Rate.

I will be holding back on getting this since this ship is just another Yamato Dread that disguises itself as a Command battle Cruiser. You guys could have Gold here with this ship.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Almost forgot that it's yet another 4/4 command ship. I lost count of how many of those I have.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @reyan01 said:
    > genhauk wrote: »
    >
    > centurian821 wrote: »
    >
    > The Buran looks gorgeous and I love it with the Ferengi vanity shield! That's a fantastic adaptation of the Cardenas design! It's just what I've been looking for ^_^
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I would agree .... except for the BOFF layout.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This.
    >
    > Only three Tactical consoles slots - and the Fleet version doesn't improve on that; add to this the fact that it has no Lt-Cmdr Tactical BOFF....... the Dreadnought designation seems ill-fitting in this case.

What's the problem with it? 4 Tac powers is about all I ever use. TT, BFAW, TS, & APB, good to go. I fly multiple ships with 3 Tac consoles right now so again why is that a problem?

This is a sale to me.
    Normally ships like this have at least 1 Command, 2 Lieutenant Commander slots which is massively more useful. This ship has 1 single Lieutenant Commander slot which tends to make the ship function worse.

What is the point of this ship? It doesn’t seem to have a very well defined role or function. I can all but recreate this ship on my other command ships. My other ships with command powers can have Command/Commander engineer, Lieutenant Commander sci but they would gain a Lieutenant Commander tactical as well instead of just being Lieutenant tactical.

Which is the core of the problem. Not only are the bridge officer slots very poor but they are also very inflexible compared to other command ships. From a function point of view why pick this ship over the other command ships?

This new ships looks stunning but many of us do not buy ships just because of the way they look. Its almost as bad as the Vorgon Ytijara Dreadnought which holds the record for the oddest most pointless layout. Function wise I just do not see anything positive going for this new dreadnought. Sure we can make it work, but function wise what is there to draw us to this ship over other options? Like others have said the trait and console look boring. The bridge officer and console layout are suboptimal, inflexible and look boring to play.

I would love to be able to fly the Styx Terran Dreadnought Cruiser stats with this new ships skin. Now that would be amazing. I would say this design in in my top 5.
  • timberwolf#2067 timberwolf Member Posts: 49 Media Corps
    For me, these are Command Heavy Cruisers, not Dreadnoughts. They have a decent enough layouts, especially at Fleet level, to make some nice damage and survival happen. Only thing that bothers me is the title. They are built with a T6 Constellation in mind, so a Command Heavy Cruiser..... but this does not say Dreadnought to me from the layout. That said, we needed a T6 Heavy Cruiser in the game and this doesn't look bad, the numbers on the console and trait will help in the sales departments when they seen on stream
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    reyan01 wrote: »
    the Dreadnought designation seems ill-fitting in this case.

Actually... I believe in STO calling something a Dreadnought usually means the inclusion of a hanger. Most of the heavier cruisers in game that have hangers aren't called Flight Deck Cruisers, but Dreadnought Cruisers.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    Is the consoles 5 eng or 4 tac? You got both in the blog with the scaling and info being different.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg