test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"First Impressions"

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Lt. Whetu introduces an old friend to a new ship in our latest fiction blog!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11142973

Comments

• centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Creating an Ion Storm? That sounds interesting indeed!

A good read and I look forward to the final result!
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Very good read, kinda want to re-play the attack on Utopia Planitia now... even if it will make me feel like an TRIBBLE :P
    One minor nitpick though: Exotic particle generators? Isn't "Exotic particle" supposed to be a vague term used to describe any kind of by-product generated from special anomalies?

Edit: lol really? TRIBBLE is the new censor word? XD
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    ion storm? *cough*fek'lhr class*cough*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Sounds like she could be a cruiser with a science lean, or a full on Sci ship.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    it's going to be a cruiser with science lean​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Buran?
  • herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    9Orqhns.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    an andorian zhen? whats that mean.

Andorians have 4 genders, 2 male and 2 female. Zhen is one of the feminine genders.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    Andorians have 4 genders, 2 male and 2 female. Zhen is one of the feminine genders.
    This was one of the most dumb things the novels made up.

The funny thing is that Enterprise (the series that is) implies that there's only 2 genders for Andorians and that whole thing is based on line Data said in TNG that could interpitted many ways.
  • herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    (Discussion of moderation removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • ethoirethoir Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    But will it be compatible with the Constellation Class skin? Inquiring players want to know.
    reyan01 wrote: »

Yeah! +20% chance of your Captain being replaced by their evil counterpart from an alternate universe upon activation of any attack pattern......

I can dig it XD
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I think it's neat :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    I think it's neat :)

Indeed. Their aliens so why not?
  • kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Yeah! +20% chance of your Captain being replaced by their evil counterpart from an alternate universe upon activation of any attack pattern......
    I can dig it XD
    That would be nice actually, random chance of the original Iconian Dreadnaught "Obex" ship the game had that appeared in game before in the mission "The Return" that was 'removed' and Folded into "Where Angels Fear to Tread" like if you use the Triolic Pattern Enhancer on ground has a chance to bring: "Entities reported include Tribbles, 23rd century Klingon Dahar Masters, 23rd century Starfleet Security Officers, and Devidian Phantasms". I can't say I've seen more than Devidians (I've seen 2 spawn before from same deployment)...actually amazed they never implemented a chance of such with any space powers that make rift type things...
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Buran would/could be an excellent name for an Andorian Captain. Perhaps spelled as - B'urran. :)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I couldn't post yesterday, but the Andorian zhen is a feminine gender (like a few posters above mentioned) but then the name of the captain starts with the "th" prefix, which denotes a thaan, or male gender... If the captain truly is one of the females of the species, her name should be zh'Pev, not th'Pev... At least that's how their names work, as far as I know...

Also, the name Buran is what the Soviet's called their version of the space shuttle... It flew a few times, as far as I know... But they only built 1 and a half of them (meaning the second orbiter never got completed). So it is a fitting name as far as other ships named after American space shuttles go... Just an FYI...

Otherwise, another good read!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    How can you not love that little face?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns