test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[SPOILERS] ST:DIS Season 2 Finale, concerning 'future options' ingame.

kellmg96#5851 kellmg96 Member Posts: 858 Arc User

So I haven't seen the last few episodes, but I have read about them, so
-
-
-
-
-
Spoilers below
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
Saru's sister and a group of Kepliens come to help Disco and Enterprise deal with Leland, taking their place in the stars.
Which, could, open up Keplein DOFFs, BOFFs, and more importantly Captains.

Thoughts. Would you like it? Would you roll one. What would the traits be. Think we'll get it?
I redact NOTHING
bvpbRd1.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Uhh the Discovery crashes on a planet and the Terran Empire who happen to be nearby decide to murder the survivors?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Sounds good to me, but I thought TRIBBLE had only just finished its first season. Did they somehow churn out a second while I wasn't looking?
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Uhh the Discovery crashes on a planet and the Terran Empire who happen to be nearby decide to murder the survivors?

edited April 2019
    (Off topic comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    edited April 2019

As for the subject at hand... Kelpians might be interesting, but at the same time there might be a few issues involving animations. As far as I know the closest we have to any one species, playable or BOff, that has anything remotely like unique animations is Caitians/Ferasans, but that only applies to the addition of a tail, which recieves animations. Other than that they move the exact same way as all other player races. Kelpians have a rather distictive walk and run.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited April 2019
    edited April 2019
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    edited April 2019
  • lostcause212lostcause212 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    yjIzVE9.png
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited April 2019

And looking over some information about it. The finale for S2, will lead into S3 where they're 950 years in the future. So, roughly around 3100. This frees them on the constraints of all the lore problems they've run into with it so far. Because this shoots the 400 years past the Temporal Accords.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It also shoots past the Wells and 31st Century Ships.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited April 2019
  • lostcause212lostcause212 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

Did we ever actually see any 31st Century ships?
    yjIzVE9.png
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

Did we ever actually see any 31st Century ships?

on the shows no, in sto yes, the cross faction ships from the big AoY pack are 31st

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    edited April 2019
    ENT Episodes Shockwave Parts I and II are partly set in the 31st Century as well in an alternate timeline.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I don't think we actually saw any CANON ships from that time period though. They just made an evolution of the Wells class, which was a 29th Century design.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,214 Arc User
    Though imo their evolutions are kind of... nasty and too bland with the colors they chose.

We are supposed to get Disco Saurians eventually so maybe we can get Kepleins or whatever they're called eventually too. Maybe more disco species or something. For some reason they only wanted disco vulcans and humans even though disco had Andorians pretty early on.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    I believe we will get options for Discovery era Klingons, Andorians, Saurians, and maybe even Tellarites.
  • n7belannan7belanna Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Apart from Disco Andorians and Saurians I'd love to get playable Barzans for Discovery / Federation characters.
    As far as we know Barzan isn't a member of the Federation (at least not at the time of TNG), but that could've changed by 2409.
    Plus there are obviously Barzans serving in Starfleet in the 22nd century and unlike Saru Nhan (or anyone else) never mentions that she is the only Barzan in Starfleet.
    And we have Klingons and Ferengi as playable characters in Starfleet, so it's not like Federation membership is a requirement.
    At the very least they could add Barzan options to the alien race options.

Kelpians would be cool too and we know that Cryptic wants that too but obviously that's in the hands of CBS. The season finale certainly seems to make it possible.

"If you're telling me that this ship can skip across the universe on a highway made of mushrooms, I kind of have to go on faith... Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous. Black alert." - Christopher Pike
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @trennan said:
    > (Off topic comments moderated out. - BMR)
    >
    > And looking over some information about it. The finale for S2, will lead into S3 where they're 950 years in the future. So, roughly around 3100. This frees them on the constraints of all the lore problems they've run into with it so far. Because this shoots the 400 years past the Temporal Accords.

They aren’t totally free of canon, they are basically dropping into Daniels’s lap. Wonder how he and his organization will handle this
    Kelpians would be tough with those legs and the inevitable crooked hip characters created. ;)

Pushing the envelope here with a new entry - 63.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.