test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

recent patch notes Reputation marks trade-In

2»

Comments

• kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    This is a stupid change. just like the change to the character creation. As much as it looks nicer. I think it was far better the other way. Come in want to turn in marks for fast dil and see I am unable to. Like come on Cryptic. If this is an apirl fools joke. Hopefully it gets reverted. If not then I think they should rethink this one. My guess is this is to make it harder for those to farm dil. This change was not needed at least in my opinion I have no idea the reason why Cryptic made this change or their reasoning. My guess a factor involving greed. But yeah I think it should be reverted back. Just my two cents.

But why would you ever exchange marks on a character that's not T5 yet? You get so much dil/etc from leveling it; it's simple; etc.

Every one of my characters, even the ones that I just did to try out a new "faction" starting arc & are reduced to being Dil refiners... they're all T5/all reps. Because why wouldn't they be?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    kiralyn wrote: »
    But why would you ever exchange marks on a character that's not T5 yet?

I think its pretty set now that they just want MORE easy Dilithium.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    No sense of duty to these brave Factions that are trying to rid the Galaxy of these insidious enemies. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    I'm surprised it took them this long to start curtailing the easy mode farms in the game.

I mean if you had 2-3 of the timed toon event unlocks done you got enough marks to grind them to 5 without having to touch a que anyway, and the tier 5 rewards replace the marks and give even more dil. So its still possible to grind those new toons up with very little play time... at least now Cryptic is forcing them to go into a click click click rotation.

I would expect even more changes targeting pylons. I think people should be thankful that unlocks at 5 and not 6... if it was my game turn in would unlock at tier 6.
  • nuketfnuketf Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    imsogreedy wrote: »
    Did they break the game for pc? Level 5 rep to Get dilith?

So I'm fairly new player and so far I was liking the game it was very time consuming making fc and struggling to upgrade gear for my toons and ship especially at the leveling speed which makes it impossible to upgrade gear to your current rank but you could always do 2-3 pieces a gear a day repeat rinse and eventually you could max your purples to lv65 I guess even with the limited dilith of 8k.

Today I log on went through my daily long grind but when I got to my omega marks to turn in to dilith Nothing

So I'm level one in omega so ouch lol

It takes me maybe 3 weeks on new characters to get to lv 65 so you can imagine the issue with this

someone mention it takes about 4 or so to get tier 5 literally grinding to get to just one of the areas in the rep system to lv 5 meaning I won't be doing any other TFO's except 1 for 4 months then the next one down the line because it wouldn't be worth it unless I need gear which I won't be able to upgrade to my actual characters level?

So won't this create huge wait times for joining TFOS?
    someone said I can mine dilith but it's very limited.

Also, this game is very different then other games I play for example the episodes literally increase difficulty by your level which is cool if you have access to the gear to do the episode.

I give you an example of what happen to me I found a way to lv up my toon super fast before doing any of the episodes got to lv 60 something figure id go back and own the game I would just steamroll over it I rolled up in a what was supposed to be an easy episode and literally got gank i was like wtf

I try it with another toon and sure enough the game levels the difficulty as you level which was cool then not so cool now ouch.

here's what I don't get if you're going to do a drastic change why can't I combine marks all across account wide?

Usually, when you do a drastic change it's for the better they didn't even lower the cost of dilith it takes to upgrade gear to reflect the drastic change?

So now I'm forced to max out toon slots don't bother to upgrade gear because better luck getting it from the exchange maybe but I'm betting the price will go up for blues and even greens especially if there lvs that are 60+ just for equipment but the worst part is if I want dilith to upgrade my gear I'm betting they set it up so I have to buy zen to get refine dilith from the dilith store just to keep up.

I like playing this game because it's fun not a second job I'm only happy that im new and only lost 20$ on it but if this how it is I think I will be putting away my debit card.

I'm hoping this is some kinda glitch or mistake.

little tip, you don't need dill for good weapons, I have a ship with 0 dill gear and im laughing at the ai as it fails to kill me while I menlt them using Turrets, yes, Turrets.
    AKA, Beard of borg. Owner of the title "Should have left"

So I'm fairly new player and so far I was liking the game it was very time consuming making fc and struggling to upgrade gear for my toons and ship especially at the leveling speed which makes it impossible to upgrade gear to your current rank but you could always do 2-3 pieces a gear a day repeat rinse and eventually you could max your purples to lv65 I guess even with the limited dilith of 8k.

Today I log on went through my daily long grind but when I got to my omega marks to turn in to dilith Nothing

It takes me maybe 3 weeks on new characters to get to lv 65 so you can imagine the issue with this

someone mention it takes about 4 or so to get tier 5 literally grinding to get to just one of the areas in the rep system to lv 5 meaning I won't be doing any other TFO's except 1 for 4 months then the next one down the line because it wouldn't be worth it unless I need gear which I won't be able to upgrade to my actual characters level?

Also, this game is very different then other games I play for example the episodes literally increase difficulty by your level which is cool if you have access to the gear to do the episode.

I give you an example of what happen to me I found a way to lv up my toon super fast before doing any of the episodes got to lv 60 something figure id go back and own the game I would just steamroll over it I rolled up in a what was supposed to be an easy episode and literally got gank i was like wtf

I try it with another toon and sure enough the game levels the difficulty as you level which was cool then not so cool now ouch.

here's what I don't get if you're going to do a drastic change why can't I combine marks all across account wide?

Usually, when you do a drastic change it's for the better they didn't even lower the cost of dilith it takes to upgrade gear to reflect the drastic change?

So now I'm forced to max out toon slots don't bother to upgrade gear because better luck getting it from the exchange maybe but I'm betting the price will go up for blues and even greens especially if there lvs that are 60+ just for equipment but the worst part is if I want dilith to upgrade my gear I'm betting they set it up so I have to buy zen to get refine dilith from the dilith store just to keep up.

I like playing this game because it's fun not a second job I'm only happy that im new and only lost 20$ on it but if this how it is I think I will be putting away my debit card.

little tip, you don't need dill for good weapons, I have a ship with 0 dill gear and im laughing at the ai as it fails to kill me while I menlt them using Turrets, yes, Turrets.

Never use tech upgrade tokens unless you get them from the phonix prize box

Never use tech upgrade tokens unless you get them from the phonix prize box
This discussion has been closed.