test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sponsorship Tokens, reimbursed?

2»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    50??? why???? just banking them in case you might want to use them later?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

you get a title for being a sponsor... so you hit T5 on your 1st toon and made tokens for all your other toons... then when they hit T5 you have em all make a token as well to get the title unlocks. <- would be my guess
  • treksavanttreksavant Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I have a set myself, so I can sympathize. BadMoon has give us hope, however, not just a NO! I will take that to the bank and be patient.

I am happy to not have to make these anymore...
  • renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »

you get a title for being a sponsor... so you hit T5 on your 1st toon and made tokens for all your other toons... then when they hit T5 you have em all make a token as well to get the title unlocks. <- would be my guess
    VERY good guess. :smile:
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    I never much paid attention to the whole sponsorship refund thing since I only made them as needed. (Never considered taking up bank space with a pile of tokens for toons I've not made yet.) So if Cryptic never said 'we are doing this' then it's on the people who read it as gospel.
    I never read any of that. And the only Tokens I made were for other toons I already on my account. :smile:
  • armitageofgamersarmitageofgamers Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    So some of you who may or may not know there are reputation tokens floating around that literally will boost your alts reputation to help them through there reputations by giving out a sponsership token via account bank. Now my question is do these still have use, is there a bug preventing me from claiming them because they are sitting in my account bank and i can't use them at all. Anyone know what i should do with them?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,246 Community Moderator
    @armitageofgamers There was already an open thread on this topic. Yours has been merged. Please, try and post in an active thread before starting a new one. Thank you.

pIWTn8y.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    hold on to them on one of your chars bank. in one stream it has been mentioned a turn in, in the future. there was a change that makes them redundant. if one toon on a acc. has t5 on reps. the other toons get auto 5k rep progress. but auto tier 5's on jem toons doesn't count i think.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    So some of you who may or may not know there are reputation tokens floating around that literally will boost your alts reputation to help them through there reputations by giving out a sponsership token via account bank. Now my question is do these still have use, is there a bug preventing me from claiming them because they are sitting in my account bank and i can't use them at all. Anyone know what i should do with them?

2 options really.

1) You could discard them as they have no use and if you REALLY need the inventory space.

2) You probably should hold on to them (inventory space permitting) in case Cryptic do ever make a turn-in rep project to revert them back to marks.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I'm sure Cryptic will happily sell you spare inventory slots to store them in, for the vain hope that they'll be worth a few peanuts again one of these years. :D
    Who needs spare inventory slots? I just create a new toon, do nothing with it and store the tokens in that toons inventory or bank. :smile:
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    I'm not sure where the problem lies, tbh. It's not hard to get marks in this game, with random TFOs and the Endeavour system rewarding choice boxes on the regular.

MMOs change things all the time. I've been 'burned' a couple times by stockpiling things that aren't used anymore, like some of the old per-event currencies. And I haven't always been around when they did offer conversion options for unused things.

It just happens, and for me at least it's never been a big deal.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I still have a few, but I personally don't really care much about the lost resources. They changed it... and its free now. Pretend your spending them every time you make a character and delete a few.
    Tza0PEl.png
This discussion has been closed.