test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So there are repair droids now?

nixbooxnixboox Member Posts: 1,041 Arc User
I never really thought about it, but we know there were Exocomps and mining holograms and things in Star Trek that didn't get much in the way of screen time but having a bunch of droids that you can release to repair your ship in battle sounds like something we ought to have.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=G9IsTEdrJw0
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    Think Disney pixar is gonna try to sue somebody over how EVE those droids look...lol
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Not much point to it considering increasing power to the SIF grid not only gives your hull strength, but actually replaces the missing pieces with exact replicas, including the paint. Sending out a billion healing robots to just do the job of the engineering team is sorta redundant.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    My Human bridge crew repairs the hull by radiating awesomeness, just like Kirk.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    A space wizard did it.
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    I'm guessing due to the events of the Disco 2-part season finale, we're probably looking at a Disco Enterprise with a console and trait that will involve hull repair droids and pet drones/shuttles. I sort of doubt for balance reasons the ship will become a flight deck cruiser with a single hangar, but I'd be happy to be wrong. After all, power creep is Cryptic's business model.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Its really no different than a KDF console that deploys repair drones.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Its really no different than a KDF console that deploys repair drones.

Agreed. And they do come in handy now and then.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You have your Exocomp Maintenance Droid.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Not much point to it considering increasing power to the SIF grid not only gives your hull strength, but actually replaces the missing pieces with exact replicas, including the paint. Sending out a billion healing robots to just do the job of the engineering team is sorta redundant.
    Maybe SIF technology was not as good during the TOS era as it is in STO's current time? Just a possibility. I admit, I have not kept up with the literature.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I've heard that they planned hull repair drones like that for the original Enterprise, but eventually just dropped them. Can't say I know how accurate the claim is, though.

But as someone in that video commented:
    And they managed to accidentally explain why Voyager looked so pristine every episode.
    Repair droids!
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    *Cough* T5 oddy worker bees console...it already exists as shuttles in game lol
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Memory Foam? ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.