test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can you buy Cardassian species unlock outside of Gamma Vanguard Pack?

captainproton98captainproton98 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I'm a huge fan of the Cardassians and recently aquired the new Cardassian T6 Intel Science Dreadnought. I really want to make a Cardassian character, but I don't see unlock them outside of the Gamma Vanguard Pack? I don't want to spend $150 ..

Answers

• ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Yes, you can...

C-Store/Personnel/Species

For the low... LOW! price of 1000 Zen.

Operators are standing by...
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    Additional side question: i heard that if you buy the species unlock, you Also get a cardassian uniform in the tailor, and the ability to buy cardassian boffs from personnel requisition officers. Is that true?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    Additional side question: i heard that if you buy the species unlock, you Also get a cardassian uniform in the tailor, and the ability to buy cardassian boffs from personnel requisition officers. Is that true?

I'd be nice, but it is not mentioned anywhere in the C-store description. It's possible they omitted it, but its unlikely.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Cardassian BOffs do have access to the Cardi uniform. And I think I've seen player Cardis running around in them. However it is species locked so you can't put a non Cardassian in a Cardassian uniform.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Yea I'm just wanting to be sure that if i buy the race unlock (not the gamma pack) i still get cardassian boffs and uniforms
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Buying the Species unlock for 1000 Zen unlocks the ability to create Cardassian Captains. It also includes the uniform unlock for your Captain and the ability to purchase Cardassian Bridge Officers from the Bridge Officer Vendor.

Now.. a couple things..

The Uniform is just for the captain. The BoFFs come already wearing a Cardassian Uniform, so they can wear it too.

The bridge officers you can buy from the Vendor are common (white) quality only. They can however, recruit better quality officers, though these missions are very rare. Jem'Hadar can also recruit Cardassian Officers.

You can buy better quality Cardiassian Officers on the exchange as well. The Purple ones are very expensive, usually around 25-30M each. This is because the recruitment missions are so incredibly rare.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Buying the Species unlock for 1000 Zen unlocks the ability to create Cardassian Captains. It also includes the uniform unlock for your Captain and the ability to purchase Cardassian Bridge Officers from the Bridge Officer Vendor.

Now.. a couple things..

The Uniform is just for the captain. The BoFFs come already wearing a Cardassian Uniform, so they can wear it too.

The bridge officers you can buy from the Vendor are common (white) quality only. They can however, recruit better quality officers, though these missions are very rare. Jem'Hadar can also recruit Cardassian Officers.

You can buy better quality Cardiassian Officers on the exchange as well. The Purple ones are very expensive, usually around 25-30M each. This is because the recruitment missions are so incredibly rare.

It does? Good to know. Got that species purchase on my wanted list, but priorities first and that's getting the 12k zen together for the miracle worker pack.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    Maybe next time we have a bonus xp weekend ill try to make a cardassian. Ive been tossing around the idea for a while. Their 3 piece ship set is all about summoning platforms, and this current featured tfo rewards a defense platform console too. It might be fun to build the character like a tower defense ship lol, maybe add minelayer to the setup
    Maybe next time we have a bonus xp weekend ill try to make a cardassian. Ive been tossing around the idea for a while. Their 3 piece ship set is all about summoning platforms, and this current featured tfo rewards a defense platform console too. It might be fun to build the character like a tower defense ship lol, maybe add minelayer to the setup

I use the 3-piece on leveling characters. Fabrication and spawn madness. Estimate about 40-50k DPS. That's without anything upgraded or reputation traits.