test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tommy Gun - First Contact Day Reward

12346»

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    The only way you can transfer lockbox ships is before unpacking them, as far as I know. Once unpacked they become character bound.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Anyone else notice that the Tommy became Mark X when put in the upgrade box? Level 65 federation engineer at ESD.
    No free upgrade to Mk XII?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @questerius said:
    > Anyone else notice that the Tommy became Mark X when put in the upgrade box? Level 65 federation engineer at ESD.
    > No free upgrade to Mk XII?

I stated that two pages ago and also that there is an ability to get one other copy of the gun, which cannot be upgraded at all, even off the Infinity Symbol.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    Uzis or Mac-10s?
    Those weapons get confused a lot.
    I do remember that Mac-10s required the user to grip the leather strap hanging from the barrel, otherwise, each successive shot would push the barrel slightly higher due to recoil and only the first shot would be on target precisely.
    Disregard Tomb Raider physics where Lara is dual-wielding Mac-10s, unless you have bionic arms, you can't do that in real life.....
    Uzi, it's a full auto pistol. Holding it steady while holding the trigger down is more than a little challenging.

Mac-10 isn't a pistol. It's a short barrel machine gun.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    The only way you can transfer lockbox ships is before unpacking them, as far as I know. Once unpacked they become character bound.

Bummer. Least I got that exploration cruiser in the Z store, from one of those anniv events.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Azrael is right. That exploration cruiser was likely a giveaway leading up to an Anniversary event. So it's an account unlock.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I think the issue of ammo is kindof ignored in STO.
    Because the game treats every weapon as having infinite ammo without needing to reload between shots.
    So any of the examples above aren't seen ingame, because of this gameplay mechanic.

For example, phaser power cells have a set number of shots which can vary depending on the power setting.
    Like if you set the phaser to heavy stun, you'll get a lot more shots then you will if you set it to vaporise with each shot.

They didn't say how rounds the TR-116 is limited to (I have a vague memory of 8 shots), but they show that it won't fire unless you attach the magazine clip with the bullets inside it.
    And like any projectile weapon, once the ammo clip is used up, no more shots.

A simulated Tommygun could only fire 100 bullets, then the drum would be considered empty.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    Self-replicating bullets.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Theres a difference between real weapons and game weapons. Game weapons do what the creators want them to do, same as movie weapons. When a movie weapon is supposed to fire indefinitely it does. When its meant to run out it does.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Pretty fantastic versus Borg.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    About the Thompson the orginal model of 1921 was actually quite expensive and gansters actually didn't use them that much (pistols were easier to conseal and cheaper). The gansters using nothing but Thompsons (either the 1921 or the 1928 version) is a Hollywood invention (because those guns would be impressive looking and relative cheap for Hollywood to get, since the army/marines didn't want those models).

The M1A1 is the WWII version and has a horizontal front grip and can't use the drum maganizes (due to changes in the guns to make simpler to make during WWII), but is a much cheaper to make then model of 1921.
  • ulfgarionulfgarion Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Splendid, now we hav:
    [x]Suit
    [x]Tommy Gun
    [_]Feodora
    [_]Big fat cig option in mouth

When can we get the missing 2 options?!
    I don't want to see any more hats into the game until they add this costume creator feature to Star Trek Online:
    F3CE4273FF29DBA5F21D4A76E361DD76BD2F8D8C
    I don't like putting hats on characters and removing their hair.

When they've enabled the above fix, then we can have our fedoras.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I don't want to see any more hats into the game until they add this costume creator feature to Star Trek Online:
    F3CE4273FF29DBA5F21D4A76E361DD76BD2F8D8C
    I don't like putting hats on characters and removing their hair.

When they've enabled the above fix, then we can have our fedoras.
    They already did that with the baseball caps.

Though they did sneak in restrictions there as usual, you can't have all hairstyles with them. :disappointed:
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    One thing I find absolutely annoying is you can't give the formal wear pants and jacket different colours from each other.
    warpangel wrote: »
    Though they did sneak in restrictions there as usual, you can't have all hairstyles with them. :disappointed:

What hairstyles are you limited to?
    I chose that CO hairstyle above as an example because it's the closest one to what my STO characters use:
    17BCD25D899FA079BE2E82B619164529B007BBE6

So if using the baseball cap limits the character to having a short haircut when their hair is long, I'm not going to want to use that option.

Also, I tried to put a hat on one of my Klingon BOFFS, it removed all her hair, so now she just looks weird.
    Another area to fix.......

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

What hairstyles are you limited to?
    On females: a few different shorts, two ponytails, a bun and klingon-style dreads.

I don't know about males since it's not boff-enabled and I only have it on one toon.
    Also, I tried to put a hat on one of my Klingon BOFFS, it removed all her hair, so now she just looks weird.
    Another area to fix.......
    Yes, they should enable hair with the other hats as well.
    This is what she looks like:
    F8FDFF3B9CE7B3E6EA5B79CE888B79F33AB9DA72
    Best I could do with the limited options available.

Not a fan of the Klingon dreadlocks, it just looks like they lack the ability to keep their hair clean and tidy.
    Unfortunately, it's the only option available in most cases......

This discussion has been closed.