test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not A Dilithium Weekend?

The game load screen says that from 4/18 thru 4/22 it is a bonus Dilithium weekend. However, in game it is not. What gives?
What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Weekenders usually don't start until the friday dinner time.

More than likely a typo.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Nope, it seems they canceled it and moved it to next weekend. Even deleted the forum post on it and removed it from the launcher. In game calendar now has it for next weekend.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    The launcher is still advertising it as this weekend. :( I think Cryptic owes me two rich dilithium tokens. False advertising and all.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Yeah its how they usually do it, just delete and pretend nothing happened. It's call the Cryptic Maneuver.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Cancelled because they had too many things going at once. Featured TFO starts. Bonus Progress Token Weekend.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Well I kinda get why they did it. Just sucks that I wasted two of my very very rare rich dilithium tokens before I noticed that it had been cancelled. Oh well. I'll file a support ticket and ask for them back. Off to play the new content. Have a great weekend all.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    The launcher is still advertising it as this weekend. :( I think Cryptic owes me two rich dilithium tokens. False advertising and all.

Cryptic doesn't owe anyone anything. They have every right to change things around if they want to.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    echatty wrote: »

Cryptic doesn't owe anyone anything. They have every right to change things around if they want to.

Glad you speak for them. :D I had no idea until I read your post. Thank you.
    It seems sort of obvious that the decision to make this a Bonus Token Weekend was made very late as they had to reschedule the Bonus Dilitium Weekend.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Moral of the story is don't believe whats written until you've confirmed it.

Easy to do for a dil weekend by doing a single normal node and seeing what the results are before using the rich dil voucher.

And they'd not owe a replacement as the voucher gave you the ability to mine the rich vein, nothing about it stipulates the quantity of dil you get.
    Don't they put an icon for the Bonus under your Character Potrait?
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Don't they put an icon for the Bonus under your Character Potrait?

They just announched dilithium weekend a day ago, and now they suddendly moved it and deleted the news post. Do you really blame players for not checking? I wouldn't expect they change it in so short a time, without any notice to the players.
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    nevermind
  • ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    echatty wrote: »

I can't agree with this thinking. Cryptic have advertised an event and moved it at short notice. It's an inconvenience to those who were expecting it and have commitments on the weekend that they have moved it to, that they might not have had, had they known.
    They just announched dilithium weekend a day ago, and now they suddendly moved it and deleted the news post. Do you really blame players for not checking? I wouldn't expect they change it in so short a time, without any notice to the players.

Exactly. I've just come on this evening and found out the hard way, when the dilithium wasn't paying out at the dil weekend values.

This is actually disgusting and demonstrates an utter disregard for the game's players. They don't seem to get that customer service of this level results in people getting fed-up (or words to that effect) and not playing.

The fact that they can't even sort their calendar of events out does not bode well and does nothing positive for one's confidence in the longevity of the game.
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,242 Community Moderator
    This argument is going nowhere. The event was moved. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.