test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why not make all ships T6 that we can Level in to Cap?

bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
Firstly I am still noobish to STO so i do apologize i could not find a suggestion forum... Secondly I am not sure if this idea would break Cannon or not so again sorry. However i would be Highly interested in knowing why they have not decided to just make Every ship functional to cap? i mean if it is a slot thing as well as stats cant they all just be added and scaled? Personally yes i love most if not all the interesting ships. but i have very specific ones i would like to fly from 1-Cap. Mostly Federation ships and a couple Birds of Prey. other than that any info or ideas i wouldn't mind hearing. Thanks all for your thoughts...
klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I don't think leveling ships will have any effect on cannons, or beams, or any of the weapons for that matter.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    I don't think leveling ships will have any effect on cannons, or beams, or any of the weapons for that matter.​​

oh what i meant by "Cannon" is Canon, as in story arcs ETC. my bad i get those both mixed up sometimes Lol!!

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    From what I've gathered they're slowly updating so that eventually all ships should have a scaling T6 option, but making a scaling T6 isn't just a switch they can flip so it's gonna take some time.

It's never gonna a matter of canon as ships tiers are a gameplay element and don't exist in the shows.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Cryptic's plan is to eventually update all T6 C-Store ships to be leveling ships. Also at least the new releases of lock box, lobi, and R&D pack ships and possibly all of them too.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    It would be hilarious to see lower level characters use say an Annorax.
    avoozuul wrote: »

i was kind of hoping for an original series type of enterprise cruiser or at least the 1701-A Model at T6 that is kind of what i was aiming for. yeah i knew all T6 ships would be scaling ships eventually but....

• lostcause212lostcause212 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    bcstar wrote: »

i was kind of hoping for an original series type of enterprise cruiser or at least the 1701-A Model at T6 that is kind of what i was aiming for. yeah i knew all T6 ships would be scaling ships eventually but....

There already is one. Just be prepared to sell your soul on the exchange to get it.
    yjIzVE9.png

There already is one. Just be prepared to sell your soul on the exchange to get it.

oh dear... so what are souls worth these days?? just curious LOL

• lostcause212lostcause212 Member Posts: 160 Arc User

I think the going rate for a T6 Connie is in the billion EC range right now.
    yjIzVE9.png

I think the going rate for a T6 Connie is in the billion EC range right now.

Do they come from a lock box or something? or is it a Q special event thingy? a billion EC eh? hmm, oh well i just hope i an actually get a character high enough to actually use some of my T6 ships i have collected.

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Because they want to sell the T6 version, not give it for free.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    This is already happening. As recently as yesterday's livestream (4/17/19), it was stated they eventually will make every available ship into a T6 scalable. And as already mentioned, your coveted T6 Constitution already exists with yet another version (DSC) soon to debut. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.