test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Featured TFO starts from 18th April?

saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
I think I'm not throwing any spoilers - because I just noticed it in the in-game calendar - so it is already public accessible:
It's looks like from 17th april starts a new TFO with some nicely named Universal Console account unlock as reward (Priors World Elite Defence Satellite), and... C-Store Coupon for 100% Discount on T6 ship of our choice. The Event will be 20 days (going by calendar), so it will propably be 14 token Event Reputation project.
Edit:
Ok - it's shows from 17th April on calendar, but in the description it states Start: 18 April.
And the coupon… looks like it will be earned over more Featured TFO Events... but still - it is free top tier ship, so I'm ok with it.

(Corrected date in thread title. - BMR)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• zaraszzarasz Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11138023

Free T6 ships requires 60 days of one daily mission. Console requires 14 days of a daily mission and the reward is accountwide like the tommy gun.
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    I usually pop on each day to do an endeavor or two and a RTFO anyway for my pew-pew needs, so I can just spend that time doing that instead.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    zarasz wrote: »
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11138023

Free T6 ships requires 60 days of one daily mission. Console requires 14 days of a daily mission and the reward is accountwide like the tommy gun.

While I appreciate getting anything free, 60 days is rather daunting. Fortunately, it sounds like the "Featured Event Coupon Bonus Days, which will double any progress that you earn while they are active!" will make it slightly more forgiving in case you miss a few days.

Is clear whether the console unlock will use the standard event vouchers we got from both recent Pahvo events?
  • penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Yes but it's 60 days between now and Fall.
    Two months doing the same TFO each day... How the hull is that fun? And I say there is a huge difference between a voluntary daily activity and one that isnt to reach a goal.

I did peril over pahvo with five characters. I would have done it only on one character for the armor but the dilithium was worth it. But 60 days... thats four times longer than the winter event for that T6 ship.

Why not bind it to specific activities, randomize it abit like endeavors? Not just make one TFO, make several that count towards this so its not mindnumbing and repetitive.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Two months doing the same TFO each day... How the hull is that fun? And I say there is a huge difference between a voluntary daily activity and one that isnt to reach a goal.
    The TFO doesn't last two months, it lasts 21 days like all the others.
    Why not bind it to specific activities, randomize it abit like endeavors? Not just make one TFO, make several that count towards this so its not mindnumbing and repetitive.
    There are three TFOs that count toward the coupon.
    -Operation Riposte in April
    -A new TFO in June
    -Another TFO sometime after July

Each runs 21 days, you get 50 tokens a day, and need 3,000 tokens to complete it. So you have to run all three of them for 20 of the 21 days to get enough tokens. There will be bonus days where you can get double tokens, and Kael said on Reddit that, if you play it right, you can get enough tokens by the end of the second TFO.

Well, thats what i'm going to do, or at least i'll try to do.. just for the novelty, anyways..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    A C-Store account-wide unlock ship token is a very nice reward for F2P and limited-budget players.

I have more C-Store ships than I know what to do with so if I get it this year while doing TFOs for the TFO rewards (like the Priors World Elite Defense Satellite) then fine, if not then no big deal.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Also nice for those who want a specific ship, but are already saving up for something.

Time your gaming right and you can shave off a few days in each event, probably get it about 6-9 days early.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Don't forget Double Bonus Days for 100 Alex.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited April 2019
    It would be good to know how many bonus marks days will come. Will they be visible in the calender? Specifically for those that can hug the game every day.
    There are three TFOs that count toward the coupon.
    -Operation Riposte in April
    -A new TFO in June
    -Another TFO sometime after July
    Thats abit of a relief.
  • cannydogcannydog Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    I just hope those "Tokens" are not character bound. As I would prefer to acquire them on one of my characters and spend them with another.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    Announcement says all character levels can participate. giggity. My new unskilled. vendor trash lt.Commander looks forward to exploding for tokens.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    cannydog wrote: »
    I just hope those "Tokens" are not character bound. As I would prefer to acquire them on one of my characters and spend them with another.

Being an account unlock C-store ship it really doesn't matter which toon you spend them with. Unless you plan on "buying" a faction locked ship and want to, for example, earn the tokens with your Fed toon but buy a KDF ship with them.

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
    So it's NOT a per toon unlock ? It' ONE token PER ACCOUNT ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited April 2019
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    So it's NOT a per toon unlock ? It' ONE token PER ACCOUNT ?
    The coupon is for an account unlock ship. You get ONE coupon per account for the event.

Perhaps I stated it incorrectly- If I run and complete the project on 5 toons, I can only claim ONE ship ? Period.
    ONE ship per account ?

Not sure it's worth the effort if only half my toons can use it because of their alliances.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

That is an ACCOUNT UNLOCK ship.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    It's a free c-store ship for doing something you may already be doing, I don't really see a downside to it and if you don't want to do it no one is forcing you to. It's just a nice bonus from them if you want to earn it.
    lianthelia wrote: »
    It's a free c-store ship for doing something you may already be doing, I don't really see a downside to it and if you don't want to do it no one is forcing you to. It's just a nice bonus from them if you want to earn it.

I hadn't noticed there are t6 cross faction ships.
    :)
    Temporal raider...yummmmmm
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

cannydog wrote: »

Same for me. Also, I might want to do the 3 featured TFOs on 2-3 different characters depending on who needs the marks or which captain I feel like playing that month.

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    The "tokens" aren't inventory items. There is no event project to slot for the T6 Ship Coupon. There will be a progress bar in the Reputation UI under Events that will track your progress across your account. Progress is tracked automatically. So, you could run the event(s) on a different toon each day and still earn the same progress towards your ship coupon.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    The "tokens" aren't inventory items. There is no event project to slot for the T6 Ship Coupon. There will be a progress bar in the Reputation UI under Events that will track your progress across your account. Progress is tracked automatically. So, you could run the event(s) on a different toon each day and still earn the same progress towards your ship coupon.

Thanks!

I wouldn't mind if they started doing that for the TFO projects too, so I could switch characters and fly different ships over the 14 days, but that would mess with people earning extra tokens for incomplete past events.

It would be easier to make the TFO tokens account-bound instead of character-bound, but then they'd have to limit us to earning one token per account per day.

• wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User

Thanks!

I wouldn't mind if they started doing that for the TFO projects too, so I could switch characters and fly different ships over the 14 days, but that would mess with people earning extra tokens for incomplete past events.

It would be easier to make the TFO tokens account-bound instead of character-bound, but then they'd have to limit us to earning one token per account per day.

The current system allows you to run an event on multiple alts and bank the extra vouchers for future events in case you run out of time. If you run the event each on on several alts, you could conceivably save up enough of the event vouchers, as well as claim prizes early for current events.

It allows you to plan for the future by banking what you can when you can.
    31st Century Ships will be usable by all Characters on an Account. They are Faction agnostic.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    31st Century Ships will be usable by all Characters on an Account. They are Faction agnostic.

The pizza cutter ships are faction locked I think, but the temporal ships are avaible to all factions, I use the raider on my KDF and ROM toons.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Thanks!

The current system allows you to run an event on multiple alts and bank the extra vouchers for future events in case you run out of time. If you run the event each on on several alts, you could conceivably save up enough of the event vouchers, as well as claim prizes early for current events.

It allows you to plan for the future by banking what you can when you can.
    Personally, I wouldn't go out of my way to collect extra FTFO tokens. Cryptic has made the same mistake again that they made with the winter/summer/anniversary events, by account-unlocking the reward while leaving the tokens available per-character (unlike the weekend event tokens which have an account-wide cooldown to go with the account-wide reward). They will inevitably come to the conclusion that players are "hoarding" them too much again and render the entire stock useless.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Crossfaction C-Store ships for now are the Temporal 3-pack (I think it was named something like "31st Century Temporal ships"), the Cardassian ships and the JemHadar Vanguard ships (though they need to be mastered on JemHadar toon to level VI before they unlock for other factions). All ships can be buyed separate from their packs…

Personally I think I will use the coupon on Jupiter or some other Fed ship.
    Or maybe I will wait for some future non-packs ships?

Currently I'm only interested in fleet-level C-Store ships to actually do any purchases, so that coupon will go for something interesting, but not worth using Zen...
This discussion has been closed.