Install Arc

Server down ?

Comments

• alyrissaalyrissa Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    been 2hrs, anyone hear of an eta yet?
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    I'll just play some Payday 2
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • surghsurgh Member Posts: 45 Arc User
      kf4tvi wrote: »
      It's not an isolated case. (https://steamcharts.com/app/9900#48h) by any means. I did a little tech news scanning and saw lots of potential reasons for all these problems, aside from the possibility that the servers themselves may be having issues. I myself have seen a performance decline since the move/upgrade, or whatever it was, took place. And, while I have taken all the normal approaches in attempting to fix any issues on my side, there is always the possibility that something was overlooked. Same thing holds true for the servers and the technicians responsible for their maintenance, after all they are only humaan too, just like you and I. Anyway, there are a host of issues taking place around the globe that could potentially be impacting cryptics servers, like active DDoS attacks, malware/ransomware, viruses, cryptomining, botnets, windows very own special version of update entropy, and who knows what new exploits have been developed in secret labs hidden inside hollow asteroids in the last few minutes. Effectively and efficiently maintaining servers is no easy task. Gaming servers, that's a whole nother level of insanity and not for the faint of heart, especially in our current cultural environment. They probably haven't been at work long this morning, I am sure they will post something when they have something to report. LLAP

No, malware/ransomware is almost a non issue if these servers are running a *nix variant, same with a virus. Windows very own special version of update entropy (whatever that means) would have no bearing on the servers either. Cryptomining should be a non issue if you have competent admins, its simple, don't allow it. Its not hard to catch. monitor IO and CPU usage. As for botnets, not sure how this would effect servers with competent admins, but...um no.

Effectively and efficiently maintaining servers is no easy task. Um, I whole heartily disagree. My team manages ALL the UNIX servers for a major research hospital, (a little over 200 servers, most in a HA configuration) and it really is not hard with competent admins. Gaming servers are really no different (Yes, I did that also in a former job), same principals, HA fail over, regular maintenance.

So to summarize, 90% of what you listed has ZERO to do with servers, most of that effects PC's. The other 10% can be mitigated with competent admins. There really is ZERO excuse for unplanned extended down times in an enterprise environment. HA and planning solve that.

Also, that chart has ZERO to do with a server outage.
    • randomhatorandomhato Member Posts: 2 Arc User
      Been a while now, any update?
      To add, yes, if there is HARDWARE issue, ok, that's really the only legitimate reason for a outage like this.
    • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
      *blames Daniels or Q, whomever is preferred for blametaking*
    • randomhatorandomhato Member Posts: 2 Arc User
      surgh wrote: »
      To add, yes, if there is HARDWARE issue, ok, that's really the only legitimate reason for a outage like this.

Even so, an update would be nice. Surely they must have some idea of what fell over by now.

Agreed
    • poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
      Looking on the bright side, when the servers come back up there's a good chance the personal endeavours for the day will be reset.
    • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
      Control has taken charge of the STO server. All attempts to thwart the nanites thus far have been ineffective.
    • ekypyrosekypyros Member Posts: 181 Arc User
      edited April 2019
      spoon2012 wrote: »
      I hate temporal mechanics :)
      I love it :D

ps: stay cool patchserver is still intact so no data lost :D
    • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
      Who let Leland in the door? You're fired! Oh wait...you're dead. Never mind. :/
      STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
      I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
    • warhammeredwarhammered Member Posts: 45 Arc User
      eazzie wrote: »
      Control has taken charge of the STO server. All attempts to thwart the nanites thus far have been ineffective.

And just like all things Duhscovery, it doesn't work.
    • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
      Needs more prayers to the Omnissiah and sacred machine oil
      https://youtube.com/watch?v=XTgfYSgh2FU
      • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
      • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
      • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
    • kursed#7599 kursed Member Posts: 81 Arc User
      We are Cryptic, lower your firewalls and turn off your virus scanners, resistance is futile.....
      Nobody here, but us blue kittens.
      edited April 2019
      How ironic, crpytic/arc posts an advertisement for the upcomig tfo special on twitter while the game itself is broken, unreal
    • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
      Server's have been removed from the game.
      KBF Lord MalaK
      Awoken Dead
      giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    • burnhamquinn#8863 burnhamquinn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
      Time to replace the server tribbles with server tardigrades...
    • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
      ezzeckell wrote: »
      From Twitter,

Star Trek Online on PC is currently experiencing an issue and is offline. We're investigating and should have more information soon.

When asked for comment, Starfleet engineers stated, "Everything is fine. We are in...Control."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCcdr4O-3gE
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
      This is what happens when you let Bajorans into your server room
      GwaoHAD.png
      I buyed today some reward boxes so like 1k maybe cache overflow :D
    • riker101#4460 riker101 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
      From Twitter,

Star Trek Online on PC is currently experiencing an issue and is offline. We're investigating and should have more information soon.

When asked for comment, Star fleet engineers stated, "Everything is fine. We are in...Control."

they are in control ! sounds like some one hack the server and they are now in control again
      From Twitter,

When asked for comment, Star fleet engineers stated, "Everything is fine. We are in...Control."

they are in control ! sounds like some one hack the server and they are now in control again
      Who Windows OS use must be punished thats a natural law :D

Played lotro for over 8 years, at least with turbine/ssg we got timely updates of where they were in downtime even if it was just to say a little more time, was somethin at least
      If you're running a MMO server on windows boxes you have MICH bigger issues.
    • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
      From Twitter,

Control is a ST Discovery referance ..... Leland
      With the announcement of this weekend Dilithium Bonus weekend what do they mean by this line?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11138763

Quote:
      Dilithium rewards from completing Event Reputation Projects no longer receive a bonus.
      This excludes Event Reputation Projects
      Please note: The Dilithium Weekend does not effect rewards from the Endeavor system.

Sorry if this is basic, I am a new player
    • renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
      It's back up, now. 12:46PM Eastern time.
    This discussion has been closed.