test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Operation: Riposte Featured TFO

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,672 Community Manager
Take the fight to the Klingons and turn the tide of the war in Operation: Riposte! You can earn a brand new Elite Defense Satellite.

But there's more - we're starting a new program where playing TFOs can earn you a T6 ship! More details here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11138023

Comments

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,672 Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    Since I've seen it asked a bunch this morning: This is a brand new TFO, not an updated Gateway to Gre'thor. In the future, if we ever do a reimagined TFO again, I'll let you guys know when we first announce it.
  • crash490rcrash490r Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Since I've seen it asked a bunch this morning: This is a brand new TFO, now an updated Gateway to Gre'thor. In the future, if we ever do a reimagined TFO again, I'll let you guys know when we first announce it.

Oof. At least Gateway is slightly more fun to play than Gauntlet. I had the sinking suspension this was going to be another remaster when I read the blog.

LTS Since 2012
    do1ao9.jpg
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,672 Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    crash490r wrote: »
    Since I've seen it asked a bunch this morning: This is a brand new TFO, now an updated Gateway to Gre'thor. In the future, if we ever do a reimagined TFO again, I'll let you guys know when we first announce it.

Oof. At least Gateway is slightly more fun to play than Gauntlet. I had the sinking suspension this was going to be another remaster when I read the blog.

Whoops, look at that typo. Should read, "This is a brand new TFO, NOT an updated Gateway to Gre'thor." Again, brand new TFO.

• xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Not entirely this TFO alone, but

Progress towards the 100% discount voucher is earned at 50 per day. The voucher costs 3000, so that's 60 days. With three TFOs of three weeks, we would have quite a tight schedule of 60/63. Odds are many players will not be able to do it despite trying, because three days can happen anytime (sickness, travel, your ISP being incompetent, ...) Is there anything you can do with the points you earned or will they sit there until 2020 and can be added to then? Or will it be a case of bad luck?
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    So 60 days for a free C-store ship of your choice. Doesn't sound as bad as it could be.
    As long as you can put a few new (& good) ships in the C-store instead of cramming them all in lockboxes.

But my main issue is... "Coupon Progress Tokens"
    Is that really the BEST name you guys could come up with? :D
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Really 60 days of grinding for a free ship. NO THANKS and probably will only get the 14 day console.

I'm not slave of STO and rather just buy off with cash.
    Then again there is not much in the T6 bunch of ships that interest me. Please make this to be transferred to ZEN rather than limit just ships. Then you probably might get a deal.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,197 Arc User
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    anyone remember when we were explorers?
    Back in TOS? Since TNG, DS9, VOY, and Disco aren't about space exploration.

TNG has quite a lot of exploration in it though it wasn't the focus and VOY was pretty much 90% exploration since the entire time they were in unexplored space even if they were only trying to get home. DS9 and Disco are the only ones that aren't really that relevant to exploration and even DS9 did occasionally have an exploration element to it like when they first discover the wormhole and start exploring the gamma quadrant atleast before the war.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Enterprise even more exploration.

The Blog did mention Double Bonus Days, so 100 instead of 50.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    This looks like fun to me and I know exactly the ship I'm gunning for as well ^_^
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    After rereading it has been noticed that I have to grind the tfo for all 21 days in order to get the free ship.
    I can tell you that 14 day events wear me to a frazzle verry fast. and now its 21 days x 3, I can assure you as it is i hate the length of time the anniversary and the risa event goes, and when they finish i am like finally im done. Now your gonna do it to us 3 more months this year, uggg your asking alot, some of us cant take the stress of go go go for that many days a month. You should try requiring fewer days in an event it will cause some of us alot less stress. Due to the STRESS events you have been adding to this game of late just for new toys, I have been loosing massive interest in the game as a whole, and by the end of this year if i havent seen anything change i may leave. The holiday event being sooo impossible for some of us to accomplish at all started this ball rolling 6 yrs ago, and now all this is happening which has only compounded the problem making it necessary to give up a game that i use to enjoy, but now its a grind fest which for me equals stress fest. Passing up the events isnt a choice either if you want the items, because once they are in phoenix prize boxes they are not account unlocks which makes them even more worthless than the grind is stressfull to do the event itself.
    4 days into the 4th grind and im already on whens this gonna end. hint hint.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    @ambassadorkael One of the things I'd like to know if the devs discussed is if we could use multiple coupons to purchase bundles....

Like the intrepid bundle for T6 coupons. The intrepid bundle has 1 T6, 1 T5, and 1 T4 ship plus the bridge stuff. All total that'd be 8500 tokens, separately, if a single T6 token is worth 1 zen by equivalency(3k tokens to 1 T6 coupon) As the bundle all together though is 5,500 it would make sense to spend the extra 500 and use 2 full coupons to buy that pack.

I know right now you guys are focused solely on the single type of ship tier(given that you're retrofitting all T6s to be scaling ships) but I was just wondering if there'd been discussions. It'd be nice to see THAT implemented later if this is successful.

BTW.... I'm STILL waiting on that T6 Klingon carrier LaughingTrendy teased if people bought in to the "pick a ship wot we designed" Jupiter Class contest some time ago....
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • crash490rcrash490r Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    crash490r wrote: »

Whoops, look at that typo. Should read, "This is a brand new TFO, NOT an updated Gateway to Gre'thor." Again, brand new TFO.

XD

That's good at least.

LTS Since 2012
    do1ao9.jpg
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    Really 60 days of grinding for a free ship. NO THANKS and probably will only get the 14 day console.

I'm not slave of STO and rather just buy off with cash.
    Then again there is not much in the T6 bunch of ships that interest me. Please make this to be transferred to ZEN rather than limit just ships. Then you probably might get a deal.​​

Agreed. Glad they are giving this as a free alternative, but ... also glad I already own all the ships I'm interested in from the C-store.

Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Let me guess: another time-gated mission that would leave me tearing my hair out from sheer repetition by the end of it, for a console whose powers, active and passive both, in no way contribute to any of my builds. And sixty days to grind out a ship? I can get a T6 ship in less than a third of that time with dil to Zen trading.

Not interested.
  • mzrtsmzrts Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I assume the 100% off coupon and/or the daily tickets is one claim per account? 🤔
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I'm not one for more grinding, but this COULD be a nice way to hand out a "free" tier 6 ship. Esp to the FTP people that might not farm dilithium across 15+ alts.

I withhold final judgement until I actually see the mission....but at first glance, kudos are due.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    It looks good, and is probably the only way to get a T6 Romulan ship for those who main that faction like I do.
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    It looks good, and is probably the only way to get a T6 Romulan ship for those who main that faction like I do.

you do realize its just a token to get a ship that's already in the Zen store, right? Not a new ship like the summer giveaway event or something. It's effectively a 3000 zen coupon for 1 free Tier 6 ship.
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    A tap of a data pad and a swift wrist movement...
    That'll get you arrested in some places...

I'll need to wait for that new T6 in the C-Store as I have them all already.

Well, at least we had a week downtime before another Event. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Any ship you buy in the C-Store will be an Account Unlock for the appropriate Faction.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns