test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Ship Sale!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Captains on PC can save 20% on ships in the C-store this weekend! Grab your favorite way to fly the stars!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11125443

Comments

• chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    I bought a ship last night, no more than half a day before the sale began. Welp ^^"

Can't complain though, caught sales at the right time in the past. Plus, I'm really impressed with what I got - the New Orleans. It looks amazingly true to the official renders, and I can't help think the devs had a conversation like below when designing it.

Dev 1: "The original model had highlighters attached to it."
    Dev 2: "What?"
    Dev 1: "Literal. Highlighters. Glued and painted."
    Dev 2: "I feel bad for it, let's give it some love."
    Dev 1: "Overpowered murderbeam console?"
    Dev 2: "Yep."

And justice rained over the skies of Pahvo :sunglasses:
  • borgdp010#9382 borgdp010 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    20% only on ships and stuff.
    meh.
    another 30% flash sale on everything would be nice please :)
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    Already on my max. No more Ships slots and Dock slots available.

If you want my money, please do not limit my storage space.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    chipg7 wrote: »
    I bought a ship last night, no more than half a day before the sale began. Welp ^^"

Can't complain though, caught sales at the right time in the past. Plus, I'm really impressed with what I got - the New Orleans. It looks amazingly true to the official renders, and I can't help think the devs had a conversation like below when designing it.

Dev 1: "The original model had highlighters attached to it."
    Dev 2: "What?"
    Dev 1: "Literal. Highlighters. Glued and painted."
    Dev 2: "I feel bad for it, let's give it some love."
    Dev 1: "Overpowered murderbeam console?"
    Dev 2: "Yep."

And justice rained over the skies of Pahvo :sunglasses:

Already have the New Orleans and i agree that it is a nice ship.
    Got 4K sitting in my inventory, but really nothing at the moment which tickles my fancy.

Sure, i can get the Light Warbird Battlecruiser but i would most certainly almost never play it.
    Too many other good ships in my inventory. The two missing T5 scimitar variants would be mere admiralty card filling.

Cannot stand the art of the AoY, Disco and vanguard ships.

What remains is the Archon, the T6 fed carrier and the various Tier 5 3-pack trash ships.
    Like i said, nothing which tickles my fancy.

Now, if the devs were to release a Tier 6 Nova i'd spend that zen. Even better if it was a 3-pack for all factions.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I'm definitely on the other side of AoY, I adore the TOS style. But I totally understand why people don't. It's such an outlier given what everything from TMP onwards looks like. So you either like the uniqueness, or it hurts your soul :tongue:

Disco I agree, not a fan. And same reasoning, the style is unique to Disco. So you either love it or hate it.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    But of course no Ship or Drydock Slots to put the ships into.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited March 2019
    I did not realize that it is April 1st already since the sale which was supposed to end on April 1st has already ended.

Never mind. It appears that only the on sale tab temporarily vanished. Ships/Ship product still have a discount.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    Thanks for bringing this back on top two weeks after the sale ended.
    Came in here thinking there was another sale.
    @badmoonrisen
This discussion has been closed.