2»

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @snowwolf#0563 said:
    > davefenestrator wrote: »
    >
    > Create a thread in the bug report subforum. Screaming when a facehugger grabs you is fine, but for all damage taken injury doesn't make sense.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's not a bug, it's a feature they added. You can tell by the way that all the new pain sound effects are new. They are not the basic old facehugger scream. But a new library of "Argh" "Owh" "Hnng" etc.. etc..

Are you an STO Dev? No? Th3n you don't know if its a bug or not and claiming you do is a flat out lie.

I'm pretty sure that was just clearing up my misunderstanding (since I have no female characters) that the facehugger attack scream sound was now appearing for all damage types.

Scream for everything = probably a bug

Different set of new sounds added when taking damage = almost certainly an intentional change, even if releasing it without the matching male sounds might have been unintentional. New sound effects don't record themselves or add themselves to the game resources.

• nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    kaloriaa4 wrote: »
    Would you be screaming in pain if someone inflicted injury bodly harm on you? You make it sound like getting hurt is a bad thing like it some show of weakness or something. Guy or girl nobody loves pain. We are not robots we have feelings.

It depends, really. MMA fighter and boxers don't generally scream and moan even when being pounded on. I'm not sure yelling in pain with every attack is necessarily realistic. Not necessary unrealistic either, just that it's open to debate.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,245 Community Moderator
    Ok, since everyone seems to be just ignoring my warning, this conversation is over. The issue has been reported and being looked into. Thank you. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.