test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is "Best"/Meta Rep/Fleet Ship Gear?

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
For Deflectors I think the popular choice is Colony T3

Warp Core I use Gama Rep for the bonus in Sector Space/Transwarp... and it's good for PVE as well and too lazy to swap out. Or I guess you can go with 3 piece Rep bonus?

Roms not too sure on Singularity Cores...

leaving Shields & Engines... Nukura Rep for 2 piece bonus of 5% weapons dmg? I guess

Or you can use Competitive Rep Engines for the bonus to speed when you heal* (choice of 3 flavors)

But then that leaves Shields... but the bonus with Gama or Competitive Reps at 2 piece isnt that good.

Secondary Deflectors... if your sci ship does engery weapons... use Research Lab version... if Torp/Mine boat, use Colony version. Dont think the Competitive Rep 2ndary Deflectors are as good as the Colony/Research Lab versions.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    You're right on the deflector, usually the one with the tactical skill boosts with [ColCrit] and optionally [EPS], then Re-Engineer the other mods for more durability [ShCap][HullCap].

Warp and Singularity core for energy builds is usually Spire, [Amp] on both and with [W->A] on A-M cores. Sci wise, many go with Temporal set including it's core, and I've heard good things about the Colony Singularity cores for Sci as well (to build up power).

Nukara Shield and Engines is decent if you don't feel the need for more speed.

Competitive Engines are such a boon to speed and turnrate that they're almost always on high-end weapon builds. Shields can go with the Competitive for the mild two-piece, plus Innervated has a chance of raising your Critical Chance, or many go with the Iconian Shield for it's solid resists and nice auto-debuff clear.

For Secondary Deflectors, I'd craft the base type at Mk II and then try to get it Epic using an Omega Upgrade + Quality Booster, then Re-Engineer for the mods wanted. Starting at Mk XII+ is a pain to get to Epic, and the extra mods can be pretty helpful. The energy damage and torp damage mods are so small as to not really matter.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    You're right on the deflector, usually the one with the tactical skill boosts with [ColCrit] and optionally [EPS], then Re-Engineer the other mods for more durability [ShCap][HullCap].

Warp and Singularity core for energy builds is usually Spire, [Amp] on both and with [W->A] on A-M cores. Sci wise, many go with Temporal set including it's core, and I've heard good things about the Colony Singularity cores for Sci as well (to build up power).

Nukara Shield and Engines is decent if you don't feel the need for more speed.

Competitive Engines are such a boon to speed and turnrate that they're almost always on high-end weapon builds. Shields can go with the Competitive for the mild two-piece, plus Innervated has a chance of raising your Critical Chance, or many go with the Iconian Shield for it's solid resists and nice auto-debuff clear.

For Secondary Deflectors, I'd craft the base type at Mk II and then try to get it Epic using an Omega Upgrade + Quality Booster, then Re-Engineer for the mods wanted. Starting at Mk XII+ is a pain to get to Epic, and the extra mods can be pretty helpful. The energy damage and torp damage mods are so small as to not really matter.

One can also get [AMP] [W-A] with a built in [W-S] on the Terran Warp Core. The drawback here, is that it take 1 minute of combat to get the full +5 to all power systems.

For shields, depends on setup and what I'm after. For the most part I use the Delta shields, since they offer the most shield per facing. The only other one that does is the Tzen set from the episodes, with the drawback of the forward facing shield being the weakest.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Pretty much what's been said..

Deflector - Elite Fleet Intervention Protomatter from the Fleet Colony.

Impulse - Prevailing from the Competitive Rep. Most popular is the Prevailing Fortified Impulse Engines which triggers speed boost from heals.

Core (Fed) - Elite Fleet Plasma-Integrated Warp Core from Fleet Spire. The Efficient one with AMP is the most popular

Core (Rom) - Elite Fleet Thoron-Infused Singularity Core - Again, most just go for AMP with the WCAP.

Shield - Prevailing Innervated Resilient from Competitive Rep. A solid shield that gives a mild 2pc bonus with the Engines. This one isn't a must.. but it's kind of hard to find a better option.

Again, this is just the current 'Meta,' no one is claiming it's the only way to go. It is however, an incredibly effective combination.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Currently, I'm using the Nukara Deflector+Shields(for the Cat 2 dmg bonus), Iconian Warp Core(since I'm throwing all the dil my pylons make into fleet holdings), and Prevailing Innervated engines(for the zoomzoom and increased turn boosts).
This discussion has been closed.