test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - 04/09/19

moonroachmoonroach Member Posts: 29 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to ST.95.20190405b.1

Task Force Operations: Advance and Elite Difficulties Available:
  • Pahvo Dissension has returned as a normal TFO with Advanced and Elite Difficulties.
  • Peril over Pahvo Featured TFO now has Advanced and Elite difficulities available.

General:
  • Removed the clear primary mission button.
  • New missions added will now always become primary.
  • Buying single ships that are part of Mega Bundles no longer block players from buying the Mega Bundle the ships are part of.
  • C-Store Updates:
    • Services is now titles Slots/Services.
    • Appearances is now titled Uniforms.
    • Expansion Packs is now Expan. Packs.

UI:
    • Resolved an issue that was causing the class icons to be incorrect for TOS and Dominion Captains during Character Creation.
    • Added a new option to the HUD to scale the size of buff icons on yourself.
    • Added a new option to the HUD to change the sort order of buffs on yourself.

Content:
    • Mission journal update:
      • If you have at least one level 65 character, all of your other characters should now be able to start any mission group they want - you can start the first mission in any section of the journal.
      • This applies to 23c, Century Fed captains after they reach the 25th c. and to Jem'Hadar and Romulan captains after they choose an allegiance.
      • 25 c. Federation and Klingon captains gain this update immediately after the tutorial.
    • Updates to Starfleet tutorial: On Vega ground:
      • Now added glowing arrows to the crate you must interact with to get your starter armor, and to the console you must click on to proceed afterward.
      • Resolved an issue that could cause the armor crate to have two buttons if you got your armor, then discarded it and went back to the crate for more.
      • Armor crate now says "Retrieve Armor" instead of "Retrieve Supplies."

Systems:
    • Added a Cross-Faction Bundle: Mirror Crossfield Science Destroyer Equipment to the Lobi Ships & Crew Store and the Agonized Subatomic Disintegrator to the Lobi Space Equipment store for Klingon-Aligned players to purchase.
    • All Jackal Mastiffs will now attack and move much more quickly, and will move into their "sprint" state when closing distance with enemies.
      • Ensign and Lieutenant Rank Mastiffs will now execute flanking maneuvers.
    • Jackal Mastiff bite damage has been increased, but bleed chance decreased. Damage of the bleed has been increased to compensate for a reduction in duration.
      • This should make them feel more threatening, without having a significant increase on combat balance.

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for the fixes on Tribble. May they stay on Tribble for awhile to make sure they work before they are transferred to Holodeck. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    Two problems I've noticed so far:

1. My characters increase in size when I activate a floater. I have no idea what might cause this.

2. When Lighting 2.0 is turned off, my characters and bridge officers are darker in the "Status" tab on Tribble than on Holodeck. Yet, somehow, the following bug with Lighting 2.0 is still not fixed:

Holodeck ticket 4,809,827: Lighting in "Status" tab too bright when Lighting 2.0 is on

So now, the lighting in the "Status" tab looks wrong whether Lighting 2.0 is on or off: too dark when Lighting 2.0 is off, and too bright when Lighting 2.0 is on. Am I the only one seeing this?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    redcated - noone listens.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    It is taking forever to patch Tribble this morning.

But I will get in there with some Level 11 and some Level 65 Characters and see how my precious Mission Journal and the Available Tabs are looking.

Both KDF and Rom and Jem'Hadar and Feds (maybe...do I have Fed characters??? Oh I guess I do my new Delta Recruit). LOL!

Note: Gonna try downloading the Tribble patch later....I don't know why it is taking this long.
    Maybe you guys are updating it, again.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited April 2019
    tomilak wrote: »
    redacted - no one listens.

I disagree there is almost always someone who listens.
    Well....Tribble seems to be mad at me right now. I am getting.... Version Mismatch go repatch it, Lady! And after repatching it I get: Tribble Unavailable. Go Away! :(

https://i.imgur.com/5UIJdZH.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/NXEwBtD.jpg

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    OK....I finally got on Tribble. D'yra is on the Character Select Screen.

ON Holodeck...she is a Delta Recruit....all my last round of Delta Recruits are Level 11.
    I got them to 11 so they could get on Risa to play.

Where as: D'yra on Tribble is Level 65 Fleet Admiral.
    Sooooooo... Not even past the Character Select Screen...something is up.

I have no idea what happened there. Let me see what she is INSIDE the Game.

edited April 2019
    Hmm... still in her Tier 2 ship. Mark 4 Gear. But she leveled up to 65. LOL!
    This is a Federation character. Klingon race unlocked with Zen.

https://i.imgur.com/B1ZANWk.jpg--- status page...Level 65 Fleet Admiral, still sporting Mark 3 and 4 gear which was the last I got for her at Level 11.

MISSION JOURNAL... all tabs are open and first mission is available for "Hail".
    AVAILABLE TAB..... Specters, Lost Dominion are there. Breen Cold War missing. Nimbus is missing.

I am going to delete D'yra....obviously something is broken on her.
    I am going to move over some other characters and see what happens to them.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

edited April 2019
    frtoaster wrote: »

1. My characters increase in size when I activate a floater. I have no idea what might cause this.

2. When Lighting 2.0 is turned off, my characters and bridge officers are darker in the "Status" tab on Tribble than on Holodeck. Yet, somehow, the following bug with Lighting 2.0 is still not fixed:

Holodeck ticket 4,809,827: Lighting in "Status" tab too bright when Lighting 2.0 is on

So now, the lighting in the "Status" tab looks wrong whether Lighting 2.0 is on or off: too dark when Lighting 2.0 is off, and too bright when Lighting 2.0 is on. Am I the only one seeing this?

While I am here...
    I have Lighting 2.0 OFF....in Status Tab she is dark. https://i.imgur.com/B1ZANWk.jpg
    I turn Lighting 2.0 ON....in Status Tab she is glowing. https://i.imgur.com/SPsPssp.jpg

No other settings were changed between those two pictures.

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I don't mind big patches, but the launcher doesn't seem to be able to do them well these days. Is there any way of getting it tweaked to increase download performance?
    I have no characters on Tribble server at the moment.
    I am going to copy following characters to Tribble to see what happens.....

Klingon.....D'Vyra Lt. Cmdr (12) Delta Recruit

Romulan KDF......D'vara Centurion (12) Delta Recruit

Starfleet......D'yra Lt. Cmdr (14) Delta Recruit

Discovery Fed......Kagome Lt. Cmdr (12)

TOS Fed......T'Lyli Fleet Admiral (65)

Jem'Hadar Fed.....Ginny Honored First (65)

Jem'Hadar KDF.....Queen of Hearts Honored First (65)

Give me an hour or two....and how fast "Copy to Tribble" works and how fast I can switch between characters...etc...etc... etc..... Hopefully, nothing distracts me.

Back on Tribble Server....with all newly copied.

Show clean stats on Character Select Screen.

https://i.imgur.com/XmkzwYZ.jpg

edited April 2019
    MISSION JOURNAL: All tabs are unlocked and missions ready to play, with Skip/Hail/Replay buttons ready.

+++++++++++++++++++

IN AVAILABLE TAB: Breen Cold War and Nimbus Wasteland are missing on Starfleet and some Federation Aligned characters.

"Cold War"/"Breen Invasion" missing from AVAILABLE TAB..... on Level 65 TOS/Fed, Jem'Hadar/Fed.

NIMBUS Wasteland missing from AVAILABLE TAB... on Starfleet, Jem'Hadar/Fed.
    KDF side it is listed under K'men, even on the Level 12 character.
    Discovery Fed Level 12 has it listed under Drake.

Can not tell for my TOS/Fed (already played it, is in Replay list). Do not have a FED/Romulan to check.
    Did not copy over a Level 65 Starfleet character.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Klingon.....D'Vyra Lt. Cmdr (12) Delta Recruit
    MISSION JOURNAL......All mission tabs are unlocked and ready to play.
    AVAILABLE TAB......No Specters, Lost Dominion, Cold War....not level 65. Nimbus in list under K'men.

Romulan KDF......D'vara Centurion (12) Delta Recruit
    AVAILABLE TAB......No Specters, Lost Dominion, Cold War....not level 65. Nimbus is in Mission Journal.

Starfleet......D'yra Lt. Cmdr (14) Delta Recruit
    AVAILABLE TAB......No Specters, Lost Dominion, Cold War....not level 65. Nimbus....Missing

Discovery Fed......Kagome Lt. Cmdr (12)
    MISSION JOURNAL.....All mission tabs are unlocked and ready to play.
    AVAILABLE TAB......No Specters, Lost Dominion, Cold War....not level 65. Nimbus in list under Drake.

TOS Fed......T'Lyli Fleet Admiral (65)
    MISSION JOURNAL.....All mission tabs are unlocked.
    AVAILABLE TAB.....Specters, Lost Dominion, Nimbus listed under Replay title. No Cold War.

Jem'Hadar Fed.....Ginny Honored First (65)
    MISSION JOURNAL.....All mission tabs are unlocked.
    AVAILABLE TAB......Specters, Lost Dominion listed under Quinn. Cold War and Nimbus.....Missing

Jem'Hadar KDF.....Queen of Hearts Honored First (65)
    MISSION JOURNAL......All mission tabs are unlocked.
    AVAILABLE TAB......Specters, Lost Dominion, Cold War in list under J'mpok. Nimbus in list under K'men.

where2r1 wrote: »

While I am here...
    I have Lighting 2.0 OFF....in Status Tab she is dark. https://i.imgur.com/B1ZANWk.jpg
    I turn Lighting 2.0 ON....in Status Tab she is glowing. https://i.imgur.com/SPsPssp.jpg

No other settings were changed between those two pictures.

For me, the "Status" tab is significantly darker on Tribble than on Holodeck; that's with Lighting 2.0 turned off. When Lighting 2.0 is turned on, the "Status" tab is overly bright, as if the characters were lit up by a giant searchlight.
    qVpg1km.png
  • raklau1971raklau1971 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I've also noticed a few problems tonight. On two separate characters the game froze wile opening the ship selector at a Fleet Spire. The second time the game crashed and I had to do a verify. Holodeck had no issues after being scanned but doing a verify on Tribble has me stuck here (Verifying 20108/168051: Objlib.bin)

Some ship's like the Lobi store T6 NX are missing in the ship preview, character sheet and even in space. All that is showing are the running light's and impulse drive lights. On the character selection screen every thing shiny looked like it was frozen in ice including my character's ships. large ship's such as dreadnoughts and cruiser's are out of frame (Only the bottom of the hull can be seen at the very top of the screen). I'm assuming some of this might be fixed by messing with the graphics settings since my graphics were reset after this patch.

A new problem, or rather an old one: I noticed that my hair color is darker than before, so I went to check the "Shininess" slider in the tailor. Yep, the "Shininess" slider is broken again. And rosy-cheeked Andorians are back. It looks like the initial hair and skin update without the fixes. The fixes that are now on Holodeck are missing from Tribble. Is this patch going to Holodeck tomorrow? If so, you'll have a regression on your hands.
    qVpg1km.png

A new problem, or rather an old one: I noticed that my hair color is darker than before, so I went to check the "Shininess" slider in the tailor. Yep, the "Shininess" slider is broken again. And rosy-cheeked Andorians are back. It looks like the initial hair and skin update without the fixes. The fixes that are now on Holodeck are missing from Tribble. Is this patch going to Holodeck tomorrow? If so, you'll have a regression on your hands.

The floater bug made it to Holodeck, but the new "Status" tab bug and the old hair and skin bugs did not. The floater bug also affects powerboards. And jumping while on a powerboard causes my back leg to go through the board; I'm not sure if this is related to the character's increased size or not.
    qVpg1km.png

The floater bug made it to Holodeck, but the new "Status" tab bug and the old hair and skin bugs did not. The floater bug also affects powerboards. And jumping while on a powerboard causes my back leg to go through the board; I'm not sure if this is related to the character's increased size or not.

Another thing I noticed last night: The colors of the NPCs' clothes in the contact window seem different. I think they may have tweaked the lighting in the contact window again. This is in addition to the hair and skin changes and the lighting change in the "Status" tab.
    qVpg1km.png
    For some reason, the tables are missing in the area near the bar at Starfleet Academy.
    qVpg1km.png
    edited April 2019
    I reported the new "Status" tab issue here:

Lighting in "Status" tab too dark when Lighting 2.0 is off

I also noticed today that the lighting in the tailor has changed. At Starfleet Academy, the lighting in the tailor is darker than before and comes more from left, whereas before it came more from the right.

Also, ticket submissions on Tribble are broken again.

Ticket submissions on Tribble broken again

EDIT: Added the following bug report about the hair.

Hair has lost its shine
    Post edited by frtoaster on
    qVpg1km.png
    edited April 2019
    On that note, they need to fix the in-game ticket system that has been broken for years on Holodeck. So you can actually see your tickets in-game not just out of game.