test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Hmmm...I hope they have more perks planned by the time people start hitting the max. :smirk:
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    I wonder how long doing the entire thing is supposed to take? I'd expect several months, as it's supposed to be a long-term, continue playing thing.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    I wonder how long doing the entire thing is supposed to take? I'd expect several months, as it's supposed to be a long-term, continue playing thing.
    If you do all the personals every day and all 3 universals every week: 2 years and 19 days.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,485 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Well, since it was 75 days to get 10%, then 750 days or so, or about 25 months. I reached 34 last night.

    However, as there is no telling the draw of the Perks and how they will handle maxed out ones, it could be considerably longer waiting for the right ones to come up. You know, very similar to how the Path to 2409 works.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Gz6qBqM.png?2
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,485 Arc User
    About 107 Weeks. As you need 9,000,000 points and max per week is 84,150. So get out there grubs!! :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    You guys are slacking. Also, using the reroll tokens is cheating! ;)
    3R3jDXq.png
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    trekpuppy wrote: »
    You guys are slacking. Also, using the reroll tokens is cheating! ;)
    3R3jDXq.png

    Ehh,, mines a bit old, about a week. I don't have a screenie of my current.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,485 Arc User
    Unless you have been taking advantage of a second set on Patch days, the max you should be at as of yesterday should be 45.

    I believe they closed that second set on Patch day already. I finished my Dailies last Thursday before the Patch and after the servers came back up it still showed the three Personal Endeavors for the day as completed. There were no new ones.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    However, as there is no telling the draw of the Perks and how they will handle maxed out ones, it could be considerably longer waiting for the right ones to come up. You know, very similar to how the Path to 2409 works.
    This is actually something I have been wondering about.

    I would assume that maxed out ones would no longer show up in the pool of choices, but who knows.
    chipg7 wrote: »
    I wonder how long doing the entire thing is supposed to take? I'd expect several months, as it's supposed to be a long-term, continue playing thing.
    It's supposed to take 2 years, at least.

    Jeremy "BorticusCryptic" Randall said in a livestream when he was talking about it to "don't finish it!" because it really is supposed to take a long time to do.

    I would suspect the Personal Endeavor system is designed to be so long term because they have ran out of ideas of Reputations, and Specializations, so the Personal Endeavor system is the new primary means of character advancement.

    I severely doubt they've run out of ideas, especially with Disco on the air now, and more shows coming.

    But it is nice to have on-going progression through the Endeavour system, as new content does come out.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    It's also the sort of system they could in theory add all manner of extras to if they wanted to expand it. I mean there's buffs to be had for literally everything in game so who knows how far it could be pushed; perks for specific energy types, boff buffing perks?

    And i'm fairly sure at some point things like promo perk points or even paid for C-store boosts will be a thing, it's pretty lucrative I say.
    SulMatuul.png
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    I severely doubt they've run out of ideas, especially with Disco on the air now, and more shows coming.

    But it is nice to have on-going progression through the Endeavour system, as new content does come out.
    I mean, look at the specializations we have(list is not all inclusive of everything the specs do, just a general summary)
    -Intel: Exploiting enemy weaknesses while shoring up your own
    -Command: Team buffs
    -Pilot: Moving fast, and turning fast
    -Temporal: Damage over time and exotic effect buffs
    -Miracle Worker: Heals, and debuff, drain, and DOT mitigation
    -Commando: Ground combat enhancer
    -Strategist: Threat control
    -Constable: Anti-boss/enemy with high defenses/hp
    What major gameplay mechanic in STO do you think isn't covered by the already existing specializations?
    What does that matter? There can always be more, and different combinations. Specs are based on character roles, not gameplay mechanics. For that matter some of the existing ones are still not expanded to full 30 points yet, either. And then there's expanding them to more than 30 points. More.
    The same is true of reputations, we have reps for everything from the Borg to the Hur'q, and the enemies we are facing now(J'ula, a Klingon. Killy, a Terran.) and the enemies Cryptic has said they want to do in future story arcs(Mirror Leeta, a Terran. The Borg) are things already covered by existing reputations.
    We don't have reps for anywhere near all the enemies in the game. We have reps for 1/4 main allies and 1/bazillion minor ones. 2/4 of the galactic quadrants. And then reps can be based something entirely unrelated anyway...see also: competitive rep.
    We are approaching the third major content drop for Discovery and we have yet to see a Dsicovery rep, or Discovery marks. In fact, all the Disco TFOs, even Battle of the Binary Stars after came back as a non featured TFO, have been mark choice TFOs, and the Discovery content, instead of adding a new Rep, instead added an additional tier to existing Reps. I would find it odd at this point for Cryptic to introduce a Discovery reputation, and then have to go back and convert Defence of Starbase One, and Battle at the Binary Stars, from mark choice TFOs into Disco rep TFOs.
    I wouldn't expect us to get a Disco rep as is. The only content in the game that's directly named to the source series is lockboxes. But I'd expect to have a rep coming relating to something in the storyline.

    Maybe Section 31. If only because if it was the klingons or the terrans, they'd have released it already.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    chipg7 wrote: »
    I severely doubt they've run out of ideas, especially with Disco on the air now, and more shows coming.

    But it is nice to have on-going progression through the Endeavour system, as new content does come out.
    I mean, look at the specializations we have(list is not all inclusive of everything the specs do, just a general summary)
    -Intel: Exploiting enemy weaknesses while shoring up your own
    -Command: Team buffs
    -Pilot: Moving fast, and turning fast
    -Temporal: Damage over time and exotic effect buffs
    -Miracle Worker: Heals, and debuff, drain, and DOT mitigation
    -Commando: Ground combat enhancer
    -Strategist: Threat control
    -Constable: Anti-boss/enemy with high defenses/hp
    What major gameplay mechanic in STO do you think isn't covered by the already existing specializations?
    What does that matter? There can always be more, and different combinations. Specs are based on character roles, not gameplay mechanics. For that matter some of the existing ones are still not expanded to full 30 points yet, either. And then there's expanding them to more than 30 points. More.
    The same is true of reputations, we have reps for everything from the Borg to the Hur'q, and the enemies we are facing now(J'ula, a Klingon. Killy, a Terran.) and the enemies Cryptic has said they want to do in future story arcs(Mirror Leeta, a Terran. The Borg) are things already covered by existing reputations.
    We don't have reps for anywhere near all the enemies in the game. We have reps for 1/4 main allies and 1/bazillion minor ones. 2/4 of the galactic quadrants. And then reps can be based something entirely unrelated anyway...see also: competitive rep.
    We are approaching the third major content drop for Discovery and we have yet to see a Dsicovery rep, or Discovery marks. In fact, all the Disco TFOs, even Battle of the Binary Stars after came back as a non featured TFO, have been mark choice TFOs, and the Discovery content, instead of adding a new Rep, instead added an additional tier to existing Reps. I would find it odd at this point for Cryptic to introduce a Discovery reputation, and then have to go back and convert Defence of Starbase One, and Battle at the Binary Stars, from mark choice TFOs into Disco rep TFOs.
    I wouldn't expect us to get a Disco rep as is. The only content in the game that's directly named to the source series is lockboxes. But I'd expect to have a rep coming relating to something in the storyline.

    Maybe Section 31. If only because if it was the klingons or the terrans, they'd have released it already.

    Mmm.. don't see a section 31 rep. Since they'd have to do 2 in that manner. One, Section 31 one for the Feds, and another for the KDF.

    I could see a "Klingon War" reputation, with like a S31 outfit unlock and a KDF outfit unlock. Like with the Omega Rep. Which actually fits the time period far more than just Section 31 does.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    What does that matter?
    Because that is the point of specializations, to let you be more specialized in a specific element of gameplay as a means to define your character. If there is no gameplay element to base it around, there is nothing to specialize in.
    No, the point of specializations is to let players level up to 245 (thus far) without raising the nominal level cap (which they for whatever reason are hesitant to raise).
    warpangel wrote: »
    And then there's expanding them to more than 30 points. More.
    That is very unlikely given how much backlash there would be over that, and given how the entire spec system is built with 30 being complete already.
    Like the entire rep system was built with T5 being complete already?
    warpangel wrote: »
    We don't have reps for anywhere near all the enemies in the game. We have reps for 1/4 main allies and 1/bazillion minor ones. 2/4 of the galactic quadrants. And then reps can be based something entirely unrelated anyway...see also: competitive rep.
    I never made the claim we had reps for every single enemy in the game, so that's a null argument to begin with.

    We also wouldn't see a reputation for every enemy in the first place. The point of the reputations is that they are technology developed to counter exotic and unusual technology of the handful of species that are powerful enough to challenge the Alliance. You wouldn't see a Gorn reputation, just like you wouldn't see a Vulcan reputation, because both species use galactic standard tech, and thus don't need specialized equipment to beat them. Unlike say the Tholians, Undine, Iconian, Hur'q, etc. who do have reps because they have unusual, non-standard, technology and tactics.
    No, the point of a reputation is to have some organizational group to gain favor with (and stuff from).
    warpangel wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect us to get a Disco rep as is. The only content in the game that's directly named to the source series is lockboxes. But I'd expect to have a rep coming relating to something in the storyline.

    Maybe Section 31. If only because if it was the klingons or the terrans, they'd have released it already.
    Given that Sec 31 are allies in STO, why would we need a rep for them?
    All the reps are with allied organizations. Why would we run errands for non-allies?
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    warpangel wrote: »
    No, the point of specializations is to let players level up to 245 (thus far) without raising the nominal level cap (which they for whatever reason are hesitant to raise).
    They are horizontal leveling systems based on major gameplay elements, which, again, necessitates there being a gameplay mechanic to base one off of.
    They are leveling systems based on earning points to put on a skill tree, which necessitates nothing more than a place to earn the points (everywhere) and a tree to put them on (anything they care to make).
    warpangel wrote: »
    Like the entire rep system was built with T5 being complete already?
    No, because the way rep tiers work, and specializations work, are entirely different. Come now, you surely had to know that was a false comparison from the get-go?
    No, they aren't. Stuff to level is stuff to level is stuff to level.
    warpangel wrote: »
    No, the point of a reputation is to have some organizational group to gain favor with (and stuff from).
    Except all of these groups are just The Alliance... And let me ask you, why do you think the alliance makes this technology? Ohh right, to combat the unique tactics and technology of the enemy races we are fighting. We would have never developed the Nukara stuff if we didn't fight the Tholians, or the 8472 Counter Command gear if we weren't fighting the Undine. It's 100% all dependent on the enemies we face, period.
    warpangel wrote: »
    All the reps are with allied organizations. Why would we run errands for non-allies?
    I refer to the reps by the enemy they are made to combat since all the rep gear/tech is developed by the Alliance, so they are all technically "Alliance" reps. I assumed you meant it would be a rep to counter 31, with Section 31 being the enemy we are fighting at some point in the future, hence why you said Section 31 after saying if it was Terran or Klingon based they would have released it already, and the Klingons and Terrans are enemy factions.
    You assumed wrong. Not all the rep organizations were made to combat anyone. Only the omega, nukara, undine, iconian and terran rep groups are explicitly formed to fight a specific enemy.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,485 Arc User
    Yes, the other ones are there to keep us busy. :)

    And Cryptic has no imagination when it comes to numbers. T5 meant 250,000 points for Starbase Holdings, so they absolutely needed to make T6 250,000 points for Reputations, whereas given the progression to that point for Reputations, it should have been between165k to 175k.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    They are leveling systems based on earning points to put on a skill tree, which necessitates nothing more than a place to earn the points (everywhere) and a tree to put them on (anything they care to make).
    Except the tree wouldn't have any value unless it had a tangible effect on the game, meaning is has to be important to the game mechanics.
    So?
    warpangel wrote: »
    No, they aren't. Stuff to level is stuff to level is stuff to level.
    Reductio ad absurdum isn't a valid argument.
    Neither is proof by assertion.
    warpangel wrote: »
    You assumed wrong. Not all the rep organizations were made to combat anyone. Only the omega, nukara, undine, iconian and terran rep groups are explicitly formed to fight a specific enemy.
    Incorrect
    -Task Force Omega = Borg
    -Nukara Strikeforce = Tholian
    -Dyson Joint Command = Voth
    -8472 Counter-Command = Undine
    -Delta Alliance = Vaadwaur
    -Iconian Resistance = Iconians
    -Terran Task Force = Terrans
    -Temporal Defense Initiative = Temporal Liberation Front(Sphere builders, Krenim, Vorgons, Na'Kuhl)
    -Lukari Restoration Initiative = Tzenkethi
    -Gamma Task Force = Hur'q

    The only ones not directly designed to counter an enemy faction are the New Romulus, and Competitive Wargames reps.
    Despite ending up fighting those opponents in the process of carrying out their business (because this is a combat game), most of the rep groups have mission statements separate from "fight X" and many of them in fact don't even mention the enemy you claim they were "directly designed to counter" in their descriptions at all.

    And since you've now admitted yourself that all the existing rep groups were not created to counter an enemy, there's no more point trying to argue all new ones would have to be. They can make reps for any groups they want to.
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    I like the endeavor system...something to do between seasons other than creating a new character when your others are maxed out. I also like that the bonus applies to all characters.

    I am a bit surprised to see some of the top selections made by some posters. % hull > % crit chance? I thought that % crit chance would be the top selection for almost everyone....Mine is only at 3.5% due to the randomness of the 3 upgrade choices each day.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Hmmm...I hope they have more perks planned by the time people start hitting the max. :smirk:

    Or introduce a "bug" that wipes everyone's progression, quadruple the Endeavor XP requirements and quarter the XP rewarded.

    rsz_mr_burns_evil_7487.gif

  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,223 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    We are approaching the third major content drop for Discovery and we have yet to see a Dsicovery rep, or Discovery marks. In fact, all the Disco TFOs, even Battle of the Binary Stars after came back as a non featured TFO, have been mark choice TFOs, and the Discovery content, instead of adding a new Rep, instead added an additional tier to existing Reps. I would find it odd at this point for Cryptic to introduce a Discovery reputation, and then have to go back and convert Defence of Starbase One, and Battle at the Binary Stars, from mark choice TFOs into Disco rep TFOs.
    Welp, looks like this ended up panning out.

    The new tribble update introduced a Discovery Expedition reputation so it seems like Cryptic is just hitting the mark in terms of adding a rep before it became bizarrely late to do so.

    I have to give you credit for that one you know. You really manage to convey that you actually believe what you write yourself. I mean it *is* bizarrely late to do so already.

    And while we are at it is also bizarrely boring and bizarrely un-imaginative to release a 13th reputation system now, especially on the shoulders of maps we already got served for those other bizarrely stupid 14 days hamster wheel events. What a turn off!

    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    Bring it on
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    wishful thinking is not really a reliable source
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Any rep is good. Already did finish T6ing the others.
Sign In or Register to comment.