test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: Gorn of Discovery

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
We're proud to announce the next step in our ongorning journey: Star Trek Online: Gorn of Discovery.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11127093

Comments

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    May the gornce be with you :)
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    :D:D:D:D:D
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • mzrtsmzrts Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Shame this is a April Fools, i was Gorn-a play the tail off of this 🦖
    Hrm, well if thats the case *which is quite likely* this thread will be gorn by tomorrow! LOL
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Pandering to the crowd - downright gornographic! It's gornar be all right, though.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    If ever a time we need the Reaction buttons :smiley:
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    See, you guys say this as a joke, whereas I fervently want it to be true.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Hey Kael, if there's going to be a Halloween Event of the likes of the Summer and Winter Events, any chance of our characters being able to get some rubber Gorn masks for Trick-or-Treating?
  • birdculture#4001 birdculture Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    HA HAHA HAHAHAHAAAAHAHAAA
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    See, you guys say this as a joke, whereas I fervently want it to be true.

You are not the only one. But those puns make me so happy regardless XD
  • herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    The Gorns of Navarrone!

Yes - finally!
    I have died and gorn to heaven! Bless you Gornic for this content. :wink:
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Will someone think of zone chat? It's gornna be.. i better stop there.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • sslorrsslorr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    As my main toon is a Gorn, I am highly incensed that this is not actual content. How dare you temp us cold blooded with these tantalizing treats, to just yank them away. I am gornified that this is the way we are being treated. Now if this content does become real then all gorns would rejoice.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    We've been Gorn Rolled.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
    maybe you should of gorn to sickbay before replying :)
    If these puns continue, I am Gorn to be sick. :p

• marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    Am I the only two me who’s disappointed this isn’t a real thing?
  • rejaqrejaq Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Well as they say, here today. Gorn tomorrow.
    quote-you-might-as-well-aim-high-why-shoot-yourself-in-the-foot-when-you-can-shoot-yourself-william-shatner-133-45-82.jpg
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    To quote--possibly not exactly, but it's the thought that counts--Q, when asked where Sulu is: Humor does not age well. These puns became stale years ago. April Fool's Day is a colossal pain at the best of times, the stupid tradition making it impossible to trust any entertainment news on this particular day. Mocking up a fake announcement of new content, and making it one long string of the single most worn-out joke in STO?

Not funny.
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    This should be real, gosh gorn it...
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Funny thing is... A lot of these puns are already in use on my Gorn Stars fleet.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Happy April 's fool Day! I'm happy for the Artisanal Audio "off" button. normal-2.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    um the first thing i do when i get on is turn the damn thing off LOL !
  • This is gorna be great! is what I would like to say, but, alas, this but a ethereal dream to be gorn by morn'.

Also a shame that the April 1st blog posts are the most interesting and exciting in months.

To be constructive, I would hope you spend some of these lootbox gambling profits on better writing and more logically consistent narratives as you drip feed this AoD story arc. I don't care for TRIBBLE's SJW baggage and their mutilation of klingons, logic and ST, but, STO's story and legacy doesn't have to suffer too as it incorporates the concurrent ST content, which is such an opportunity for any game!
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    It's all Gorn awry.
  • jtyme77jtyme77 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Well, I am off to watch my favorite film "The Gorn: the bad and the ugly" from Sergorn Leone.
    Keenan.png
    it will likely be gorn tomorrow :)
This discussion has been closed.