test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tommy Gun - First Contact Day Reward

kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
Just saying...
D2wgXKQW0AEUaiF.jpg:large
"We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
- Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
q4F10XV.jpg
ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I am for that.....but I also want a 1920's flapper costume.

Neverwinter did an outfit like that.......SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........ ;)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I hear you. But how about
    CnFhjMXWF0FELanU.jpg:small​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I am all for this. However is it just me or are forum images not working?
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I am all for this. However is it just me or are forum images not working?

Working fine for me.

Also yes to that flapper costume.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • janfikkie#9290 janfikkie Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Will there be a scream emote while shooting it? :smile: like in the movie
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
      edited March 2019
      Muahahahahahaha! Awesome!

Now all I need is for the Male Formal wear to be universal. My main needs a suit and fedora to go with that Thompson.
    • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
      Now I wonder if I can Still get that even though I come back from a Holiday on the 6th, very late on the 6th so the first day I could play the event is on the 7th.
    • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
      edited March 2019
      spiritborn wrote: »
      Now I wonder if I can Still get that even though I come back from a Holiday on the 6th, very late on the 6th so the first day I could play the event is on the 7th.

Should be doable - you need 4 Holograms - so 6th to and including 10th - thats actually 5 days (the last day is lost to us in Europe - the patch hits just when I return from work)
    • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
      edited March 2019
      Man this is awesome. I always wanted this gun in game and i'm obviously not alone.

We've had a real mixed bag from the devs lately. The Discovery Operations Pack was a letdown. The end of the Foundry is a gut punch, but admittedly necessary. To counter balance these things, we've seen a lot of good stuff lately like tons of bug fixes coming through and more transparency and communication from the dev team. Sweet free stuff like a T6 Vulcan ship and now this awesome gun!

Overall the devs deserve credit because clearly they're trying.
      When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
      azrael605 wrote: »
      Has this actually been announced somewhere?
      It's on reddit but not on this site yet.
      When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
      Will it be a reclaimable account unlock or character-by-character?
    • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User

Account unlock.
      "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
      - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
      q4F10XV.jpg
      ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
    • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      edited March 2019

Account unlock.

Source?

One of the previous rewards, the Theta Spaceship trait was per character.
    • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
      Thompson Submachine Gun? HELL YEAH
    • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
      Well, i guess I'll have to do this one because I NEED that Thompson!!
      Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
      eaY7Xxu.png
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
      tigeraries wrote: »

Account unlock.

Source?

Past experience. My Discovery character has access to the Bozeman Engines, which were a previous First Contact Day event item.

Cryptic has also pushed account unlocks for events for years now.

And we now add yet another awesome Anti-Borg weapon. lol I almost feel sorry for the Borg. Its probably gonna be the only autorifle style weapon I'd actually use against them.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
      Who is this Tommy person and why do I want his gun? :p

But seriously - WA-HOO!!!
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
      tumblr_m9y3feGIZe1r81219o10_250.gif
      XzRTofz.gif
    • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
      Account unlock.
      tigeraries wrote: »
      rattler2 wrote: »
      Past experience. My Discovery character has access to the Bozeman Engines, which were a previous First Contact Day event item.
      The Theta trait was character-only the year it was given out, like all event rewards had been.
      Not long afterward, Event rewards started becoming Account-unlocks, which is why all characters on accounts that participated in last years' event can get the Bozeman Engine.
      - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      > @inferiority said:
      > The Theta trait was character-only the year it was given out, like all event rewards had been.
      > Not long afterward, Event rewards started becoming Account-unlocks, which is why all characters on accounts that participated in last years' event can get the Bozeman Engine.

Well, they could have done with the Trait like they did with the Sompek Pulsewave. That was the per Character award from the abominal 21-day Sompek Arena. They gave it to all Characters on the Account the next time the Weekend Sompek ran.

For the Trait they went with the per Character Rare Phoenix Token route instead.
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
      Not since the torn TOS shirt have I been so motivated to acquire something in STO.
    • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
      It's some awesome news, but I'm a bit worried, from the screenshot of the weapon that the pose won't change to have our character grab the front grip (understandable as it's just one weapon) and have our character put their palm below it (less understandable, and quite silly-looking, compared to just placing the hand between the grip and the magazine).
      #TASforSTO
      Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
      It's some awesome news, but I'm a bit worried, from the screenshot of the weapon that the pose won't change to have our character grab the front grip (understandable as it's just one weapon) and have our character put their palm below it (less understandable, and quite silly-looking, compared to just placing the hand between the grip and the magazine).

Actually... didn't the colony rifle have a similar problem before they fixed it?
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    This discussion has been closed.