test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The 28th patch that rebuilt Kemocite-Laced Weaponry has broke it

pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
Kemocite-Laced Weaponry has been rebuilt and I am getting zero Kemocite hits. Just shot all my clusters and rear mines off and not one single Kemocite triggered.

Comments

• Options
    abrasaxis#7172 abrasaxis Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    People still use mines and clusters in this game?
  • Options
    People still use mines and clusters in this game?
    Since the rebalance they are in some situations the most powerful weapon in game. In the Swam or the current event TFO mines and clusters will kill the waves of NPC's faster then any other weapon system.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Hmmm.... I don't own that Kemosite Laced Weaponry....so I did not read patch notes closely.
    Kemocite-Laced Weaponry has been rebuilt to resolve various issues:
    Resolved an issue that caused the tooltip to scale exponentially with damage buffs.
    Resolved an issue that caused the damage to scale with your target's damage buffs.
    Resolved an issue that could cause it to apply beneficial abilities such as the Advanced Piezo-Polaron proc to foes.
    The impact of these changes on this ability's balance may result in additional changes to this ability in future updates.

First one is a tool tip thing....that should not do anything to the mines.

Second one I think that means: caused YOUR damage to scale with your target's damage buffs. Not to say NPCs use buffs? How often?

Third one: apply other abilities to the target...I wonder if that means abilities that are not slotted. Doesn't matter...it shouldn't be doing that, anyways. So, THAT should have been fixed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From the Wiki:
    Game Description: While this enhancement is active, your weapons have a chance to deal additional Radiation damage to a small radius around your foes. This explosive impact is powerful enough to also reduce their damage resistance for a short time.

Projectile weaponry will always trigger this explosion, while energy weapons only have a small chance to trigger it. Kemocite explosions will only trigger around the primary target when Torpedo: Spread is active.

1. CHANCE to deal radiation. Radiation that reduce their damage resists. <--one possible problem.
    Did they dial down the chances to proc radiation too low with the changes? But that is on Energy weapons.

There are different rules for PROJECTILE weapons:

2. Projectile weaponry will ALWAYS trigger this radiation proc. Torps and Mines are projectile weapons. Every time a mine hits target it should get the Radiation and consequently reduce target's damage resist.

3. But on Torpedoes: needs Torpedo Spread activated.

I am wondering if that "small chance" to deal the proc (that limits Kemosite on ENERGY Weapons) was applied to Projectiles, too. <--one possible problem.

++++++++++++++++++++++

So, if you are NOT seeing Kemosite trigger on mines (projectile weapon) when they hit....which should be every time they hit.

Either your mines are visual aids only....like you mentioned in the other post where mines kept disappearing.
    OR they disconnected mines from the projectile weapon section of Kemosite.
    OR they are applying the "small chance" that is on Energy weapons to Projectile weapons.

This does not bode well.

P.S. MINES are fun. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello!, After checking your live character Pottsey, I verified their mines are properly triggering Kemocite damage. Are you activating your mines then KLW? To get a KLW damage proc you'll need KLW up before you launch the mines. KLW can wear off while the mines that were launched with it initially active and still do the damage.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Hello!, After checking your live character Pottsey, I verified their mines are properly triggering Kemocite damage. Are you activating your mines then KLW? To get a KLW damage proc you'll need KLW up before you launch the mines. KLW can wear off while the mines that were launched with it initially active and still do the damage.
    Thank you for responding. I am a little confused as its 100% working tonight. Just checked my past few days combat logs and those are all correct as well. My combatlog from 28th of March have zero Kemocite-Laced Weaponry hits not zero just for mines but zero for all weapons. All my combat logs from the 31st of March onwards look to be 100% correct.

If you get chance can you take a look at https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13490005
    I posted a video to show the bug where mines vanish before hitting the target.