test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gagarin Miricle Worker Battlecruiser VS Miricle Worker Operations

quickdraw1970quickdraw1970 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I'm a Federation Engineer and right now i have an assault cruiser 4 forward and 4 aft. 2 beams and 2 torpedo launchers. I need a ship upgrade but i cant decide witch of these to go with. Can those of you that have tried these, please let me know what your experience is with these 2 ships?
Right now i have a hard time standing toe to toe with boss ships. If i go damage i get wasted or do the hit and run for what feels like forever and if i use shields to live longer i cant do enough damage to shields to get the hull down.
My tactic with big ships is I end up pounding the shields in the start volley, to try to get them down, than quickly change to focus on shields and get hit till hull goes low, which is quick, than i call in fleet support III, hit Miracle Worker and Evasive Maneuvers and get out of range than move into range with weapons focused while the Fleet Support does the damage and takes the enemy fire. Now if there is more than one big dog after that i end up playing keep away and tag till i get Fleet Support back.
Thank you in advance any help is appreciated.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    natureyouscarynatureyouscary Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    The Garg/Shep is more suited for Cannons with 5/3 layout. Arrays would be a waste on it...it is a great ship though. Are you looking to dps and survive or be a tank? I do rarely explode on my Shepard and I face tank everything seeing as it uses DHC
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The Garg/Shep is more suited for Cannons with 5/3 layout. Arrays would be a waste on it...it is a great ship though. Are you looking to dps and survive or be a tank? I do rarely explode on my Shepard and I face tank everything seeing as it uses DHC

While I agree that the ship is definitely best suited for cannons, putting arrays on a Shepard isn't necessarily a 'waste.'

The nice thing about the 5/3 layout is that it has only advantages. If you put all arrays on it, it's functionally exactly the same as a 4/4 layout since you're broad siding anyway. The 5/3 gives you the freedom to run a front facing build if you so desire, but you also lose nothing if you opt to stick with a broadside build.

It should also be noted that while the Gagarin is definitely a DPS power house, if you put a bad build on it, it will struggle just like any other ship. The 4/4 assault cruiser the OP currently has isn't a terrible ship and it's doubtful that transferring the exact build to a Gagarin or any other ship will yield much in the way of positive results. While I definitely encourage the purchase of the Gagarin (it's the best fed ship in the game IMO) once you get it, you will need to spend time setting it up correctly or it will not be effective.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Post edited by avoozuul on
This discussion has been closed.