test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lots of info from today's livestream (3/27)

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
Originally posted on reddit:

Earned Zen Ships
  • Earn tokens over multiple featured TFOs to unlock coupon for a ship.
  • "Any" zstore ships. Account unlock as usual with store ships.
  • These coupons will also be used to create a gifting system so you can gift ships.

Ships leveling with you
  • All T6 ships will level with you
  • Looking into price changes for T1-T5 ships since T6 ships will be usable from start to finish. No details/plans in motion right now.

New playable ships
  • Multiple new ships coming starting in April.
  • Section 31 ship confirmed.
  • Discovery D7 confirmed.
  • DSC Connie image is in-game and is essentially done.
  • DSC Connie, D7, S31 ships well underway and/or done but release being held until after Season 2 is finished in case there are any changes or surprises. No word on DSC Defiant.
  • No word on how DSC Connie/D7 will be added to the game.

Rise of Discovery
  • Confirmed Season 17
  • Confirmation that AOD/MOD/ROD are all separate and are S15, S16, S17. In case anyone still refuses to believe that.

New Halloween Festival
  • Announced that work has begun on a new Halloween Festival. No real details yet other than they are looking at 'Catspaw' TOS episode for inspiration. Dividian haunted castles, and things like that. Featured TFO with festival most likely.

Future Content
  • Discovery content is coming to a close and they want to get back to trek as a whole but also they are excited to bring us content with the Picard show, Section 31 show, and whatever else CBS makes.
  • Looking into making events using battlezones/adventure zones and updating older content.
  • Entire romulan arc being redone with updated dialogue and cut-scenes.
  • Possibly, eventually Romulan characters will be given a free T6 ship while leveling. Not a guarantee that it will happen.
  • Plans to remaster more TFOs based on player feedback.

Future QoL Updates
  • Dedicated EV suit slot in the works for player+boffs. When done, more EV suit content.
  • Tags will now no longer say enemy or ally but say what it is no matter the distance.
  • Minimap ping system.
  • These updates will launch when ready, not bound to any season.

Again, these are not my words/summary, just copied from this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/b6bs7h/roadmap_stream_highlights/

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I wonder if they will bring Gein back for that Halloween event. Sigh, I wish they would consider doing a T6 Oberth at some point.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Well people ridiculed me when I suggested that they should reduce the price on T5 ships and yet here they are, talking about reducing the price on them.

I'm hoping the Disco Connie and D7 will be either Z store or lockbox ships and not just skins for the existing promo ships. Though I would like if they unlocked the skin for the promo ships.

The tags no longer saying where they're enemy or ally while you're too far out is very nice but I hope they fix the horribly insane amount of bugs with EV suit visuals before implementing the EV suit slot.

All players should get a T6 ship while leveling considering you occasionally get people with unupgraded T5 ships in advanced and elite queues and most of the time its something like the galaxy which does almost no dps to anything in the TFO and tends to force the other players to work harder to make up for them.

I'm curious how the ship coupon system will work.

And lastly I'm very excited to finally have discovery content come to a close since they've been really half butting it with some of the missions and with the release of the discovery ships. Only 3 ships for klingon and one of them is a lockbox ship.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    For me the jaw drop was the "All T6 will scale".

I mean, I just rolled a new FED to try using the T'Pau from Tutorial. And for the most part, It's been interesting. While I haven't been using the T'Pau exclusivity, it has been the bulk of my play with this character. Now I haven't really grabbed many of my C-Store T1-T5 ships, so far. Most of them will get pulled/dismissed for Admiralty though.

While I honestly don't expect to roll any more characters in the near future (barring a Delta recruit rerun again...), this is probably the biggest change in STO in a long time.

Now, of course, if they can make the Journal system actually Stable and accessible...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Possibly, eventually Romulan characters will be given a free T6 ship while leveling. Not a guarantee that it will happen.

To clarify a bit what neok182 wrote, this is would be for fresh characters after the update as a special one time thing to celebrate the revamp, pending it happens.

• Options
    mopic312mopic312 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    • Dedicated EV suit slot in the works for player+boffs. When done, more EV suit content.

what happen to the split slots for players that had armor in one slot and EV suit in another, didn't last long but I do miss that. it would be nice for DOFF's as well.

Mopic
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    we better get monster polymorphs out of that halloween event as rewards...and NOT bound to the event itself!​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    Well people ridiculed me when I suggested that they should reduce the price on T5 ships and yet here they are, talking about reducing the price on them.

I'm pretty sure that everyone already agreed that this was a good idea a while ago.
    I'm hoping the Disco Connie and D7 will be either Z store or lockbox ships and not just skins for the existing promo ships. Though I would like if they unlocked the skin for the promo ships.
    C-store? Not gonna happen lol. In all likelihood, new model/skin for existing promo ships. Alternative possibility is completely new promo ships. Think along similar lines of the Jem'Hadar Strike Ship/Jem'Hadar Recon Ship. Lock box is technically possible and would be welcome as well but somehow I doubt we'll see them in this manner.
    All players should get a T6 ship while leveling considering you occasionally get people with unupgraded T5 ships in advanced and elite queues and most of the time its something like the galaxy which does almost no dps to anything in the TFO and tends to force the other players to work harder to make up for them.
    Terrible players are terrible regardless of whether they fly a level 40 ship, T5 ship or T6 ship. They won't all of a sudden be good in a T6 ship when they suck in level 40 ship. Their issues go deeper than ship tiers.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

Earned Zen Ships
    • These coupons will also be used to create a gifting system so you can gift ships.

Interesting, but lacks enough information.
    Ships leveling with you
    • Looking into price changes for T1-T5 ships since T6 ships will be usable from start to finish. No details/plans in motion right now.

Does that include fleet t6 ships?
    If t6 ships are now everyones bread and butter, what use do t1-t5 ships have any more. again lacks information.
    New playable ships
    • DSC Connie, D7, S31 ships well underway and/or done but release being held until after Season 2 is finished in case there are any changes or surprises. No word on DSC Defiant.

So.. nothing exciting coming next month.
    Rise of Discovery
    • Confirmed Season 17
    • Confirmation that AOD/MOD/ROD are all separate and are S15, S16, S17. In case anyone still refuses to believe that.

uh huh. the sooner s17 is out the sooner cryptic can move on to s18 and get back on track.
    New Halloween Festival
    • Announced that work has begun on a new Halloween Festival. No real details yet other than they are looking at 'Catspaw' TOS episode for inspiration. Dividian haunted castles, and things like that. Featured TFO with festival most likely.

I suppose it beats that previous short episode mission with the locked room and the gas. still not interesting enough. i suppose when more details come forward about it later in the year, i'll either notice it or i won't.
    Future Content
    • Discovery content is coming to a close and they want to get back to trek as a whole but also they are excited to bring us content with the Picard show, Section 31 show, and whatever else CBS makes.
    • Looking into making events using battlezones/adventure zones and updating older content.
    • Possibly, eventually Romulan characters will be given a free T6 ship while leveling. Not a guarantee that it will happen.

Romulan arc update? i didn't think it needed such a thing, unless it's from the RR side? writing about RR, "possibly" and "eventually" on a t6 ship? some elaboration required.
    Finally: What about the TOS starfleet and jem'hadar factions?
    Future QoL Updates
    • Tags will now no longer say enemy or ally but say what it is no matter the distance.
    • Minimap ping system.

i'm not in any rush to see Cryptic rush their content out. they can release it when they like. a few interesting points but frankly there is a great lack of information from these bullet point summaries.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

Especially, the TOS Starfleet and Jem'Hadar Veteran ships.

Slightly disappointed that Age of Discovery and Mirror of Discovery are Season 15 and Season 16 since they seem more like Season 15 and Season 15.5.
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Thank God Discovery is eventually ending. Looks like Spring is lost though.

The Halloween thing is awesome. Totally looking forward to that.

QoL dedicated pet storage would be nice.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

Earned Zen Ships

Interesting, but lacks enough information.

This is because information is going to be forthcoming over the upcoming weeks. Think of this as a teaser of things to come.
    Ships leveling with you

If t6 ships are now everyones bread and butter, what use do t1-t5 ships have any more. again lacks information.

I believe it goes to include the following:

- C-store ships at T6
    - Lock box ships at T6
    - Lobi store ships at T6
    - Event ships at T6
    - Promo ships at T6
    - Fleet ships at T6

Essentially, if a ship exists at Tier 6, it's gonna become scalable.

T1-T5 will likely remain optional purchases as well as admiralty card filler for Level 52 when the system unlocks.
    New playable ships

What wasn't covered in this block was that April's TFO is gonna be the first to kick off a new story arc that will tie into Rise of Discovery.
    Rise of Discovery
    • Confirmed Season 17

uh huh. the sooner s17 is out the sooner cryptic can move on to s18 and get back on track.

I am guessing you're talking about dumping Discovery so we get back to the planned story arcs, leaving the open arcs from Discovery just that, opened, is that right?
    New Halloween Festival

I suppose it beats that previous short episode mission with the locked room and the gas. still not interesting enough. i suppose when more details come forward about it later in the year, i'll either notice it or i won't.

They're likely gonna reveal the information in Mid-to late October, unless they start it earlier than that.
    Future Content

Romulan arc update? i didn't think it needed such a thing, unless it's from the RR side? writing about RR, "possibly" and "eventually" on a t6 ship? some elaboration required.

I think the update that they're talking about for the Romulan arc is general updates to the Federation story as far as tweaks to the dialog and the cutscenes to make them more polished.

As far as TOS starfleet and Jem'hadar, there's likely not going to be any unique content for them, if that's what you are wondering.
    Future QoL Updates
    • Minimap ping system.

i'm not in any rush to see Cryptic rush their content out. they can release it when they like. a few interesting points but frankly there is a great lack of information from these bullet point summaries.
    [/quote]

Well, the bullet point summaries are summarized bits of what was explained on the livestream , which they didn't go into a lot of detail in the first place, as they were wanting to keep the speculation up.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    *muffled excited screaming*

I'll be a bit sad to leave the Discovery content behind, I've been enjoying most of it. Still we're getting a season 3 so it might return and I'm looking forward to the Section 31 things.
    The rest of it looks interesting indeed, especially I'm all eyes, ears and what have we for that Halloween thing.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The ship is only the platform a player does the damage from. The actual damage comes from weapons, consoles, abilities etc. which are only really locked out to t5's by the specializations. Their main issue is that they've lost a lot of relevance thanks to event ships being usable from level 40.

The "token" for zen store ships needs more info but if its tied into the TFO non-events that cryptic are moving into over missions then it could be a sign that the featured tfo tactic for bums on seats isn't as enticing as they'd hoped so are simply dangling a bigger carrot while not escaping the ships=content mentality thats been stagnating for too long.

More disco probably means more bland timegated tfo's to slog through with minimal story content as window dressing in order to try and push ships on folk.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    And they completely ignored the NUMEROUS queries pertaining to the T5 ships that don't HAVE a T6 model to 'scale' to.

They didn't ignore the question, they had already answered it. Tier 6 ships are scaling down, so there's no need to talk about Tier 5 ships that don't have a Tier 6 equivalent, as Tier 5 ships are not going to be scaling, at least at this time. I know that it's not what you wanted to hear, but it was answered.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »

Especially, the TOS Starfleet and Jem'Hadar Veteran ships.

Slightly disappointed that Age of Discovery and Mirror of Discovery are Season 15 and Season 16 since they seem more like Season 15 and Season 15.5.

Have to agree with this 100% as these truncated bits hardly merit being considered separate seasons for any reason?
  • Options
    Ships leveling with you

I believe it goes to include the following:

- C-store ships at T6
    - Lock box ships at T6
    - Lobi store ships at T6
    - Event ships at T6
    - Promo ships at T6
    - Fleet ships at T6

Essentially, if a ship exists at Tier 6, it's gonna become scalable.

T1-T5 will likely remain optional purchases as well as admiralty card filler for Level 52 when the system unlocks.
    New playable ships

What wasn't covered in this block was that April's TFO is gonna be the first to kick off a new story arc that will tie into Rise of Discovery.
    Rise of Discovery
    • Confirmed Season 17

I am guessing you're talking about dumping Discovery so we get back to the planned story arcs, leaving the open arcs from Discovery just that, opened, is that right?
    New Halloween Festival

They're likely gonna reveal the information in Mid-to late October, unless they start it earlier than that.
    Future Content

I think the update that they're talking about for the Romulan arc is general updates to the Federation story as far as tweaks to the dialog and the cutscenes to make them more polished.

As far as TOS starfleet and Jem'hadar, there's likely not going to be any unique content for them, if that's what you are wondering.

i've cut away the parts of your comments that don't add anything. sticking to what you have responded to though, it answers a few lingering doubts to a point.

as for the: "I am guessing you're talking about dumping Discovery so we get back to the planned story arcs, leaving the open arcs from Discovery just that, opened, is that right?".
    I'm just in an apathy zone on this, i genuinely don't care for sticking to canon and putting it in a game.
    the second part of this is more annoying because cryptic devs can create their own game storyline, they do have their own characters to draw from. i just wish that cryptic would use their own ideas instead of taking the path of least resistance.

as for leaving it open just like that? that is your assumption.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »

The question was asked by myself and a few others during the Livestream. As was the question "but what about ships that don't have a T6 version to scale up to?".
    They ignored said questions.

hehehe. nice try though. :D
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Well, the bullet point summaries are summarized bits of what was explained on the livestream , which they didn't go into a lot of detail in the first place, as they were wanting to keep the speculation up.
    And also in some cases, Andre couldn't give us specifics on them because there are no specifics finalized yet.

On one of them Kale was like: "we had one of the early planning meetings this morning" or something to that effect.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, like 'what if we could create a perpetual motion device' type early planning meetings.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Haaaaallloooowwwwweeeeeennnnnnnnnnn EVENT!!!! YEAAAAAAA!!!! :scream:
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Most likely this, yes.

Romulan players can finally get some new ships. It's even possible that there are more Dominion ships on the way. Older non-ST:D era ships (like the Nova) might have a chance to be released. More of a chance than during a Star Trek: Discovery focused event anyway.

I'm also tired of murdering Terrans. They are monumentally stupid, obnoxious braggarts. The Klingorcs are not much better (oddly enough, the Klingorcs seem to have a larger vocabulary than the Terrans, so they are more interesting to talk to). I am ready to murder someone else for a few months.
  • Options
    jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    (Flaming/Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    I definitely need clarification on the romulan revamp. I've not long started a new romulan for recording purposes (along with a new character for the other factions too) wont be much point in getting too deep if some of the early republic stuff gets changed.

Unless article 13 destroys my ability to make videos anyway.
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    I will point out that Andre didn't say that Discovery content is coming to a close, he said its reaching the bare minimum amount of content needed for a Discovery experience, and that they have begun investigating other things they can do like Picard, or Sec 31.
    Well, if it's anything like the "bare minimum for a Dominion/Romulan/[T6] Nova experience" then that will be just fine with me.
  • Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    I watched the stream AOD, MOD and ROD are all the same expansion as they have said thousands of times
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    What clarification do you need, @nrobbiec ? They've gone back and done new animations and voiced the entire arc.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.