test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please bring back 1v1 Duels.

voyager1331voyager1331 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
A while back people were able to pvp duel (1v1 pvp). I really liked the duel option it gave me a way to test my skills and my new gear. I recently found out (after coming back from a break from STO) that this option was removed, you now need a minimum of 5 people to pvp. I was wondering a couple of things.

#1. How many people would like pvp duels added back to the game?
#2. Devs could you please add the duels option back to the game?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    steps to do this:
    1) invite other player to task force operation
    2) set at least one of the people to team 2
    3) choose pvp tab (in private tab/tfo group overview)
    4) choose the type you wanna play
    5) have fun killing each other

as far as i know everyone need to be at least lvl 60 to pvp with a lvl 65 toon involved. dont know if there are other restrictions to the levels, most likely there are.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    > #1. How many people would like pvp duels added back to the game?

Most people don't do PVP, which is why it gets so little attention from the developers.

When they tried adding the competitive reputation and queues, they were not a success.

I'm afraid that if you want good PVP, these aren't the droids you're looking for.
  • voyager1331voyager1331 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    felisean wrote: »
    steps to do this:
    1) invite other player to task force operation
    2) set at least one of the people to team 2
    3) choose pvp tab (in private tab/tfo group overview)
    4) choose the type you wanna play
    5) have fun killing each other

as far as i know everyone need to be at least lvl 60 to pvp with a lvl 65 toon involved. dont know if there are other restrictions to the levels, most likely there are.

I said in my post that it requires a minimum of 5 people to start PVP right now that is why I want duels back.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    It used to be so easy, all you had to do was right click on a player or their name and select "challenge player". Cryptic thought that wasn't complicated enough so they redesigned the queue system to make it as non-intuitive as possible.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    I said in my post that it requires a minimum of 5 people to start PVP right now that is why I want duels back.

Nope. You just need to set one person to Team 2. My fleet sometimes uses 1v1 PvP to test things.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited March 2019
    It used to be so easy, all you had to do was right click on a player or their name and select "challenge player". Cryptic thought that wasn't complicated enough so they redesigned the queue system to make it as non-intuitive as possible.

Oh yes, I loved constantly being challenged to a duel by Squire of Gothos wannabes.*

That was removed because it was abused.

* yes I know it was Kirk that issued the challenge.

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    If they also add a setting where you can disable challenges without also having to disable every player interaction, I would see no problems at all. I, like Dave, do not miss being challenged to a duel every 30 seconds every time I visit a social zone.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,981 Arc User
    #1. How many people would like pvp duels added back to the game?
    #2. Devs could you please add the duels option back to the game?
    There was a considerable PvP community here from 2010 through about 2014, perhaps even a bit later. Unfortunately most of them left the game for reasons™ so what another poster mentioned above is technically correct. Competitive PvE =/= PvP.

They used to be the people giving advice on game play mechanics in this forum. I used to PvP lightly as part of leveling a character. Thought it was fun as at the time as it was relatively balanced. It can still be both fun between friends and an important part of being able to test things.

The duel function was removed from the game as some players were using the challenge function as a method of harassment but the method posted above still works great for two.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Just like Disable Friend Invite or Fleet Invite. Just add a Disable Duel Request.

You know, all that good stuff you find in Privacy of Team Settings.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    trennan wrote: »
    Just like Disable Friend Invite or Fleet Invite. Just add a Disable Duel Request.

Sure, if developers had the free time. I'd rather they spend resources on anything else on the to-do list before this though.

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »

Sure, if developers had the free time. I'd rather they spend resources on anything else on the to-do list before this though.

Hopefully, these items are not copy/paste things. But this might fall under that "legacy" code problem they're always using as an excuse.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.