test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spring/Summer Roadmap!

Comments

• chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    So... am I only only one that gets the total irony in this being a "Spring/Summer" roadmap, and the pic on the launcher is a shuttle crashed in the snow? Clearly, that pilot didn't use a "roadmap" :tongue:

f415636b3acb8f3392c4746dd34fe46f1553209778.jpg
  • dp1149dp1149 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    If scaling gets applied to T5s, I can't see how there would really be a need for T5-U upgrades going forward, especially on ships that have the free upgrade option like the D'Kora, Orb Weaver, Nicor, Bastion, Excelsior refit, and so on...unless scaling adds to the changes already provided by the upgrade.

I could see scaling being useful for the metric assload of T5 Mirror Universe <insert name here> ships which currently don't have any upgrade option.
    Damn the torpedoes, warp speed ahead!
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    chipg7 wrote: »
    So... am I only only one that gets the total irony in this being a "Spring/Summer" roadmap, and the pic on the launcher is a shuttle crashed in the snow? Clearly, that pilot didn't use a "roadmap" :tongue:

Play to the southern hemisphere? It's about time they get a turn at the iconography! :tongue:
    dp1149 wrote: »
    If scaling gets applied to T5s, I can't see how there would really be a need for T5-U upgrades going forward, especially on ships that have the free upgrade option like the D'Kora, Orb Weaver, Nicor, Bastion, Excelsior refit, and so on...unless scaling adds to the changes already provided by the upgrade.

I could see scaling being useful for the metric assload of T5 Mirror Universe <insert name here> ships which currently don't have any upgrade option.

Possibly but keep in mind that scaling a T5 ship up to T6 would effectively provide a discount for any who owned the former but not the latter. Maybe they don't see that cost as significant but I would note that on previous ten forward discussions they mentioned T6 (specifically) for a general scaling update (that's where I'm setting my expectations, it becoming a new perk for T6.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • luminaire#0745 luminaire Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    danqueller wrote: »
    I suppose hoping the Devs will finally update the standard ship Interiors with the newer style they put into the Intro missions many years ago has about the same chance of happening as Risa having sunrises and sunsets this June.

Is it really so bad to hope the Devs will spend the time to go back and finish the work they half-completed years ago rather than continuing to introduce more content that will add to the backlog? I very much enjoy the work they do and the game itself, but when you have the entire Delta Quadrant with the Dyson Spheres just left abandoned without any more development, you wonder if they aren't just continuously chasing the next hype train instead of getting things that seems long overdue done.
    That would require people to care about ship interiors for Cryptic to put any effort into updating them. As it stands, no one does, so Cryptic doesn't puts the time and money into it.

*Cryptic makes badly scaled poorly designed generic interiors with next to no functionality, no customization, and hordes of non-customizable NPC's who stumble around in circles or cluster in silly gaggles*

*People don't buy these*

Cryptic: Well, clearly players don't want or care about ship interiors, so we're not going to bother with them anymore.

:|
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

It may well be a man who doesn't read roadmaps or ask directions.
    Should have downloaded STO's GPS app. ;)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Featured TFOs means one piece of gear (most likely not part of a set) Account-wide for 14 runs.

The now extincting Featured Episodes was three~ pieces of gear (set) for three runs per Character.

Both provide the three (former) Weekly Account Bonus prize.

Featured TFOs provide Mark/Dilitium daily and completion prizes per Character.

You choose.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User

Lots of planets have a North.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Will be interesting to see just how this scaling will work on T1 through T4. Those acquired free from leveling? And then the .5 C-Store ships (T2.5 Exeter-class, for example). And to what limits would my T1 Constitution-class level up and not conflict with the sought after R&D T6 endgame version?

As is, most T5 scale to T5U under that system. Or will those scale to, say, T5.9? I wouldn't expect those to scale to T6. But we shall see.
    Post edited by psiameese on
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • rhazedurilerhazedurile Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Anyone else notice the Oberth is no longer in the Zen store? I still have mine that I keep around because I have this weird fascination with the ship, but I wonder...
    dZWjlSs.jpg
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User

It may well be a man who doesn't read roadmaps or ask directions.
    Should have downloaded STO's GPS app. ;)

Shhhh don't tell anyone but that is actually Hoth. There's to be a STO SWTOR crossover event :)
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    T6 Risian Corvette!!!
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I noticed they have an image of the Risa Summer Resort at night in the image.

Goof or did they maybe fix the day/night cycle?
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User

A "road map"? Only weaklings use road maps! A Real Man picks a direction and keeps going until something stops him!

P.S. T6 Risan Corvette!?! YES PLEASE!!!!!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Keep the Discovery Content coming.. it's awesome!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    These updates seem good to me. But what I would really like to see is some of the canon ships that are tied to R&D, lockboxes and other random ways (If you are lucky enough to get them) that the NCC-1701, NCC-1701-A, Klingon D-7, JJ-prize and others would have some way for people to earn these ships without have to get millions and millions of EC to purchase on the exchange.

I would like to see some way to earn coupons from spending in the C-Store, not buying Zen, but spending it, and get those vouchers in order to save up and get these ships that I just have no luck in getting. I would also love to see some way to earn ships that you have missed from past events that would unlock them for the whole account not just for one character. I love the Phoenix Boxes have been buying at least 100 of them each time they are brought back and have managed to get 5 (3 Epic and 2 Very Rare) ships for 1 character. I happen to love playing different characters and like to have almost any ship available for those characters. I have been playing this game for about 10 years (Original Beta tester and original LTS customer) and show my support to this game by spending Zen and buying Starships. I also bought every DLC pack that has come out (Romulan. Delta, Agents of Yesterday, Gamma Vanguard, and Discovery) and own all but 1 Federation ship in the C-store (just waiting for the next sale to buy the latest 2 pack), and most of the Klingon and Romulan ships. I buy keys and open lockboxes so I also have some of the Lobi ships (I always get 1 or more ships during a Lobi store sale) so I would also like to see these ships go to account wide also, maybe from buying an account unlock voucher from the C-store.

Now I'm a realist and really don't expect to get these wants. But I do enjoy playing this game and will support it by buying Zen to get C-Store ships.

I have been watching Star Trek since before I can remember and even went to some of the earliest Star Trek conventions out there. I went before they would charge for an autograph. I was at the 2nd annual convention at the Statler Hilton hotel in New York. I would love to have an T6 original Connie to fly around but have not been lucky enough to get one, but sure as rain I'll continue to get the R&D 4 pack each time they are on sale.

Thanks for letting me rant.
    Psytce
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    T6 Risian Corvette for the summer event?

Excuse me please ... I must get my summer playlist ready! ♥
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • feralaffferalaff Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Too much discovery....i understand it's the aired show, but let's look at the future, not at the past.
    Some grains of discovery are nice, but it's too much.

@ mattjohnsonva :
    I agree with you, some sandbox content would be great.
  • my2bitsmy2bits Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    With leveling so fast, and getting into the T6 ships at level 50, I really fail to see making T6 ships into leveling ships worth much. Seems a waste of resources. Now, if they would scale my T1 Connie! Rather than leveling T6 ships, how about an account wide dry dock, so we can at least move the non account wide ships between characters.

On the other hand, having come back recently, I would not mind rerolling, but am holding out for a recruitment event. Would rather see that then leveling T6 ships. When they did the Delta reoccurrence they said they would do the same over time for all of them. So it really is time for the temporal recruitment rerun. I am eagerly awaiting it. Do not see it on this road map? When will it be?

• my2bitsmy2bits Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    how do you delete a post?
  • barinorpahnbarinorpahn Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Oh whoopee, maybe, and I'll be generous here, 6 new missions? Wow what a MAJOR update! Hopefully there will be other bug fixes and improvements contained in it but...... it will probably more likely to be 2 new missions. Try looking at a major update in say LotRO. Say maybe 10 new missions in an update at minimum?
    Scaleable ships, yeah that maybe great for new characters, but for existing characters/toons, call em what you will, meh.
    With the foundry shutdown, could cryptic not have taken some of the stuff there, polished it, and added it the game? Then given the authors some kind of reward/recognition for it.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    More a theme park guide than a roadmap.

Only information given is ships will be levelling (somehow) and the risian corvette will be t6ified.

And I did laugh at the claim of there being content subject to change or otherwise given the lazy copy pasta job for the pahvo sedation tfo.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    So not really much real new content or functionality in the next half year. Mostly (re)activating things.

Sadly no improvements that making playing STO a more user friendly experience. Many actions take so much clicks to get done.

For example salvage items. So many clicks to salvage an item. Even in between make a selection in a drop down menu.
    Ever tried salvage 100 items? Its a real annoying pain to do so. So many clicks required. Absolutely no fun.

Same with moving items from and to the bank or even worse from an char to an other. Ever tried moving multiple items? Then you know what a pain in the TRIBBLE that is.

Implementing functionality that allows selecting multiple items at once to perform an action on, such as salvage, would be such a relief.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User

That shuttle is nestled in the mountains. Get high enough altitude....I mean, there is still snow on the top of the Alps, even in summer.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The shuttle was clearly pilotted by Troi, and as she was using STO's satnav "parked" it into a mountainside on andoria.