test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spring/Summer Roadmap!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Get your next peek at the future of Star Trek Online - and you don't even need Daniels' help. Our Spring/Summer Roadmap is here!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11117963

Comments

• madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Ooooo, is that... No, it can't be... Is that the Enterprise as seen in Discovery? Does this mean it will be coming to STO?

Happy Dance time if that's the case!
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Ooooo, is that... No, it can't be... Is that the Enterprise as seen in Discovery? Does this mean it will be coming to STO?

The Discovery Constitution was already in the previous roadmap blog, for March.
  • madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User

talgeeze wrote: »

I missed that one (hospital), so I shall remain excited and do a Happy Dance regardless :)
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Ships level with you, so is that being applied to all ships? Or just all T6 ships?

Earn Zen store ships playing events, does that mean you'll be able to pick a Z-store ship in lieu of the event ship? Is it all Z-store ships, or just a select few curated for the event? Does tier have an impact on how many vouchers you need to turn in to claim the ship? For example, would a T2 ship require only 200 event vouchers while a T6 would require the usual 1000?
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    could we plz split the info about console and pc in these blogs
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    T6 Risan Corvette?

But I wanted a Risan Yellow Science Vessel Submarine!

Okay, I admit, a T6 Corvette would be fun, too, especially if it means more kitbashing.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    lnblade wrote: »
    Ships level with you, so is that being applied to all ships? Or just all T6 ships?

Earn Zen store ships playing events, does that mean you'll be able to pick a Z-store ship in lieu of the event ship? Is it all Z-store ships, or just a select few curated for the event? Does tier have an impact on how many vouchers you need to turn in to claim the ship? For example, would a T2 ship require only 200 event vouchers while a T6 would require the usual 1000?

Yes. No. Maybe.

I guess you'll have to wait to find out.
  • tvalavulcantvalavulcan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I am looking forward to the T6 Risian Corvette!
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    I assume that major update is more then just leveling ships for the PC?
  • divhispana#2978 divhispana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Too much disco content
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    So no actual new places to go
    They are adding more missions in May with "Rise of Discovery" which will invariable involve "Priors World" a location added onto the game map not too long ago, the place where Lorca, and Mirror Lorca, switched places during the Ion Storm.

These missions will involve Landry.

Landry or Mirror Landry?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • val#9932 val Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    So only Discovery content.
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User

talgeeze wrote: »

I missed that one (hospital), so I shall remain excited and do a Happy Dance regardless :)

Last Roadmap used a screen grab from the show though. This one's an in-game model so Happy Dance away, my friend.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    So, in June we get the Disco-prise (IE the version of the 1701 seen on Star Trek: Discovery.)
    ^^^
    Going by what's in the 'screenshot' of the June graphic. ;)

I do hope is IS a C-Store and not a Lockbox or Resource pack ship, but we'll see.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    So is that ALL ships level with you? Like T6 Nova and T6 Oberth???
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    I hope that means ALL ships will scale with character level.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    So no actual new places to go, no exploration to replace the foundry content you're going to remove, just ships and the same old events or re skinned existing events? More detail would be great because to be honest I see nothing there for end game vets.

Matt, in my years of playing this game (started as a Free 2 play captain, still am), endgame has always been something that they had struggled to really make anything defining. I believe that people running the harder TFOs was what they wanted for endgame. Then again, this is an MMO we're in, so endgame is always going to be a goal post that's moved countless times.
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    I assume that major update is more then just leveling ships for the PC?

The major update is called "Rise of Discovery" which the title of Age of Discovery Part 3. Make of that what you will, but at the very least, we're getting at least 2 more episodes that will be inserted into the Age of Discovery storyline for Discovery captains as part of their leveling path.
    So is that ALL ships level with you? Like T6 Nova and T6 Oberth???

If it's anything what they mentioned on Priority One Podcast almost a month ago, It'll be T6 ships only, so stuff that normally can be flown from level 50 onward like the flagships, multi mission Explorers etc. Can be flown as early as Level 4-5 or lower if the character skips the tutorial.

T6 Nova and Oberth may be made, but it wouldn't be to raise ships that don't have T6 to T6 status.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • qandiceqandice Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    val#9932 wrote: »
    So only Discovery content.

Well they did say back last year that they would be tying things in closely with the TV show as wished by CBS. So that they are pumping out Discovery related content is not that unexpected. When the Picard Files (or whatever it is called) drops then wouldn't be surprised if content comes out for that and so on. The arc will end eventually and the next one will roll on in.

Though something other than a seemingly endless run of events and same style missions would be good. Exploration, heck even pure diplomatic missions would get some interested.
  • boweninugamiboweninugami Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Zen Store ships for doing events? *peers at a couple ships* Right, sounds interesting. Also T6 Corvette? Sounds good there.
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    "Starships level with you." ALL ships? :grey_question:

June sounds interesting. Hopefully not ships I've bought already.

Glad to see a T6 Risian Corvette. It's a fun little ship and looks good. Vorgon ships were ok, but just didn't really seem appropriate for the Risian Summer Event. Two of them hassle Picard when he's on vacation one time. Not a lot of reason for them to be Risian ships, imo. I much preferred the actual Risian 'flavored' ships.

I'd have been shocked if it was NOT coming at some point. More a question of when not if. ;)
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Who asked for "ship levels with you"? Do you think that's an improvement? I disagree we need more end game and more content not ways for PWE to make profits. At least look up the quality of life improvements that really matter like fixing maps, bugs, improving PET/R&D tabs and the such.
    Real disappointing infographics IMO.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.