test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lorca's Outfit Unlock

gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
How i can change the outfit?, only have 2 choices, Uniform and Tr.Unrestricted, and i cannot select the second, and it's not in the list, so, did i do something wrong or it's a bug?
The forces of darkness are upon us!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    How i can change the outfit?, only have 2 choices, Uniform and Tr.Unrestricted, and i cannot select the second, and it's not in the list, so, did i do something wrong or it's a bug?

It's 'hidden' in the Off Duty tab under the "Jacket Loose Long" category.

D2acI3vXgAAwGig.jpg:large

"We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Ahhhh!!!, good!, i only use 1 slot, i'll have to créate another..
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    It also unlocks the base armor as a separate chest gear item (which is available for uniforms), it can make for some neat kitbashing.

Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Is it only available for Fed/Rom characters?
    aten66 wrote: »

Nope, it's also available for Klingon chars.

"We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    q4F10XV.jpg

Weird... I couldn’t find it on my Klingon character. Not even the chest gear unlock.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Good to know guys, thanks, i finally found it.. :blush:

Weird... I couldn’t find it on my Klingon character. Not even the chest gear unlock.

It's not an automatic account unlock, each character needs to claim the armor from the dil store reclaim tab in order to access the tailor bits.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!

It's not an automatic account unlock, each character needs to claim the armor from the dil store reclaim tab in order to access the tailor bits.
    Ah, I didn’t know that! That makes more sense then. I picked it up and tried my Kobali Boff and I’d found the costume was available then. Good to know, usually it seems the costumes should be account unlocked for most of these types of items.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    How do you get this outfit?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,972 Community Moderator

By completing the current event.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited March 2019

Complete the 14 day project associated with the latest Featured TFO. The armor item also include the tailor unlock. Details you can find in the Peril Over Pahvo dev blog.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11106393-peril-over-pahvo!
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Why the hell do we still have off duty outfits after all these years? Just open everything up to one category and stop these silly restrictions.
    SulMatuul.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Why the hell do we still have off duty outfits after all these years? Just open everything up to one category and stop these silly restrictions.

Agreed completely.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I'm wondering if someone at Cryptic is currently working on this, and the now tr:unrestricted tab is for that purpose...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,972 Community Moderator

There could be clipping issues with a lot of the outfits.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

There are a lot of clipping issues anyway... even with the fewer things that are available in the Off Duty section.
    q4F10XV.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    rattler2 wrote: »

And that's different from now how?
    Dreadlocks clip through any shoulder armour. Combadges clip through female chests even at minimum breast size. Chest straps and baldrics clip through males and females if you alter the torso widths. Kit pieces and other leg attachments sit mostly inside legs thicker than minimum. The chest, shoulder, and neck kit pieces will clip through any of the modern armours like the Terran Taskforce one.

We already have to put up with this, having to put up with the MACO helmet not lining up with the Voth breastplate is hardly a huge leap forward.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Why the hell do we still have off duty outfits after all these years?
    CBS

BS
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    CBS

BS

^^
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    CBS

BS

Yup.

So CBS says we can't wear off duty outfits in some places or on some boffs, or mix and match....but Orion players can have women walking around in underwear....because??????? Reasons?????

Nonsense.

The off duty section was initially in the game when it was meant to be more like RP'ing a Starfleet captain; to give you a reason to wear alternatives to your uniform when on shore leave i imagine. That aspect of STO has never really been encouraged beyond the occasional fleet who like to RPso it is purely superfluous to what the players need or expect from the game now.

And there's clipping issues on literally everything in game, even on some starship parts and visuals. Hardly a reason not to open the tailor up. The customisation is what makes this game better than a lot of other similar MMO's,so they should be letting it shine not giving up and just wasting time on gimmicks or whatever is the latest copy-paste TFO.
    SulMatuul.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Ah, I didn’t know that! That makes more sense then. I picked it up and tried my Kobali Boff and I’d found the costume was available then. Good to know, usually it seems the costumes should be account unlocked for most of these types of items.
    It's the way the Tsun'katse gloves work too. The costume is a character unlock for each character that claims the gloves, but the gloves are an account unlock.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Les Moonves used to have meetings every week with the Board to go over which ships could be C-Store, Lobi, Lockbox, or Promotion! They even brought in Fifth Avenue Tailors to classify the outfits.

Though it is still fuzzy as to when, who, or where it happened, Les stole the idea for the Tardigrade many years ago.

;) ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited March 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    Les Moonves used to have meetings every week with the Board to go over which ships could be C-Store, Lobi, Lockbox, or Promotion! They even brought in Fifth Avenue Tailors to classify the outfits.

Though it is still fuzzy as to when, who, or where it happened, Les stole the idea for the Tardigrade many years ago.

;);)

Actually the Tardigrade thing the result of long centuries of careful planning on the part of a secret society of Tardigrade worshipers keen to bring the ascendency of their eight-legged huggle-god through pop-culture media. They made sure the pieces came together at the proper time.

Their symbol is the party hat.

(Yeah the whole uniform v. off duty thing is a role playing mechanic with more impact when there were much fewer costumes and a more binary distinction between faction appropriate uniforms and civilian clothing. It made sense according to the game's own internal lore, ie. that your officers were always on duty whenever depicted. Now the distinction is so fuzzy that the basics need to be explained. So, debatable in application but it's definitely more of a hold over from STO's early days.)
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    So the armor underneath the jacket can't be changed? Ehn.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    It also unlocks the base armor as a separate chest gear item (which is available for uniforms), it can make for some neat kitbashing.

This is under Chest Gear for uniform. Took a bit to find it.

You can also get this chest piece in Off Duty. As long you you don't wear the Jacket.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User

Omg thank you! Couldn't figure out how to unlock it on my other captains for the life of me.
    trennan wrote: »

This is under Chest Gear for uniform. Took a bit to find it.

You can also get this chest piece in Off Duty. As long you you don't wear the Jacket.

I have tried everything and I cannot find any way to wear the chest piece without the jacket. If I am in 'Off Duty' the Chest Piece is automatically selected when I equip the jacket, otherwise it's not listed. It's also not listed under chest in Uniform.

Is anyone else having this issue?
This discussion has been closed.