test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

skill tree bug?

buddyboy65buddyboy65 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited March 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
hello I have a problem with a skill tree im at level 65 I just reset my skills I will try to describe what I mean cant send a screen shot one of the skill trees that's shaped like a triangle. Ok sorry about that Its in space skill Lt. commander on the left. The top button is the Electro Plasma System Flow, the bottom left button is the Improved EPS flow and the bottom right is the Full Impulse Energy Shunt. I selected the top button Electro Plasma System Flow skill the bottom left skill and the bottom right skill button was selected at the same time with out me touching them

Post edited by buddyboy65 on

Comments

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Gonna need something visual or you to be a little more specific. are we talking space skills or ground skills? do you perhaps mean specializations like Intel, Pilot etc, as that's the only triangles I can think of?

Also for screenshots and video, do you have a cell phone you can whip out and grab a couple of shots with? Even crappy cell phone quality would work. Don't care to help if able but I don't fully understand what you're talking about.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    OP, can you elaborate on the problem? Which one of the skill trees is shaped like a triangle? What is the name of the top skill button and the name of the two bottom buttons? Please edit your thread with the pertinent information so it can be seen if it is a bug or not. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Hoover your mouse cursor over the buttons/icons that should bring up the words (I hate the way they did that).
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • buddyboy65buddyboy65 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I edited the post still cant get a screenshot needs a image url
    buddyboy65 wrote: »
    I edited the post still cant get a screenshot needs a image url

Yeah, you have to post it to a image hosting service, I opened an account on imgur. I used to use photobucket. So, store the pic online somewhere, then post the link to the image here.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    That is the main skill tree...it should NOT be doing what you are describing. It should only select one box at a time. And use up one skill point at a time. Not connected together.

Is it a visual only issue???

The only way to test this is to spend a skill point in Electro Plasma System Flow (EPS Flow), does the program still allow you to spend a point in Improved DPS Flow and Full Impulse Energy Shunt?

DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU WANT THOSE SKILLS. I do believe you will have to pay for another Token to remove the extras....where as the Devs do not.

@darkbladejk
    @chrian#9670
    @engineerb4#4806

• buddyboy65buddyboy65 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Yes it was enabling the skills together so it must of been a bug I made a new character wait until I was Lt. commander spent those skill points in that tree it resolved it now it lets me do it one at a time thanks for replying to my posts :)