test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Traits, all types, randomly being deselected between logins or even during a single session

ahkatanaahkatana Member Posts: 2 Arc User
There appears to be no rhyme or reason to which traits get deselected. Sometimes it's all personal ground traits, sometimes a mix of personal space and ground. Sometimes it's random, but not all, Starship or rep traits. Regardless, I now have to check every toon I intend to play before I dare play it as critical traits must be recorded on paper next to my computer and compared before any play session.
Tagged:

Comments

• tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    "computer" ? This is PS4 subforum :)
  • lafarmlafarm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    ahkatana wrote: »
    There appears to be no rhyme or reason to which traits get deselected. Sometimes it's all personal ground traits, sometimes a mix of personal space and ground. Sometimes it's random, but not all, Starship or rep traits. Regardless, I now have to check every toon I intend to play before I dare play it as critical traits must be recorded on paper next to my computer and compared before any play session.
    This has happened to me several times, no rhyme or reason that I can tell. I just finished the altered timeline mission where you first mee Tasha Yar and grab the Enterprise and then head into the time portal. After the missions successful completion I had to re select all my traits as they were all deselected.

PS4 account @partz-medic
  • kreisviereckkreisviereck Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hello, thats not a random thing. I tested it out over months and reporting a lot of times to cryptic (last time as RM Report Ticket Reference # 190317-000358). But nothing happens or was fixed. So the last person from cryptic give me the tipp to post it here. So here it is. I play STO on PC since years (since F2P).

In every mission where I have to use another starship or shuttle (e.g. the dyson starship, the obelisk ship etc pp) right at the point where get in space with that ships most, sometimes all personal traits ground and space, and also a few of the other starship or rep traits went off or inactive. Sometime this also happens by entering TFOs, but there I could not see any pattern.

It doesn't matter what race or side (Fed, Rom, Jem, etc pp) you choose, it happens all the time. At it is absolute frustrating. If cryptic doesn't want me to have a good experiences with all missions and contents, that it would be a very unfair thing. But I try to be optimistic and hope that the IT of cryptic will fix it soon.

Sometime this also happens by entering TFOs, but there I could not see any pattern.

But for documentation here two screenshots as proof:
    This is before get to the point where I have to use another starship:
    STO_Before%20entering_step%20between%20stars_03_into%20the%20void.png?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8r41lkzqhg01za/STO_Before entering_step between stars_03_into the void.png?dl=0

And after I enter it, most of the traits are "unselected" or "inactive":
    STO_Before%20entering_step%20between%20stars_04_the%20ripples_inactive%20traits.png?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4ew2wujz69cjpm/STO_Before entering_step between stars_04_the ripples_inactive traits.png?dl=0
  • mrknify#3483 mrknify Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I've seen this too. It;s happened when several of my traits were upgraded due to reputation as well as when changing specializations.