test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Character Creation Redesign

12346»

Comments

• renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    What I want to know is when are they going to fix the height scale for the Tellarites? It goes from 5'11" to 7', but they are definitely NOT anywhere near that actually.

Otherwise, the new character creator UI, is totally useless.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    I have tried the character creator new ui, I actually found that theres MORE to getting a character created in this one than the last. The last one to me was quite a bit easier and had more on one page than this one does making the process more cumbersome with too much to have to do and go thru just to work on creating a new character. *GO BACK TO THE OLD ONE*
  • korithian1korithian1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    It does feel that if your going to go through the effort of redesigning this, there needs to be a reason to create new characters.

On one hand I want to but then I see my Cardassian being a second officer on board a Klingon bird of prey, getting irate that a spy knows stuff and I'm like I don't think I can go through Grathor again with a character that doesn't believe in Klingon Afterlife, without something a bit more interesting in the story.
  • pomonagrange#3097 pomonagrange Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    (Off topic comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    korithian1 wrote: »
    It does feel that if your going to go through the effort of redesigning this, there needs to be a reason to create new characters.

On one hand I want to but then I see my Cardassian being a second officer on board a Klingon bird of prey, getting irate that a spy knows stuff and I'm like I don't think I can go through Grathor again with a character that doesn't believe in Klingon Afterlife, without something a bit more interesting in the story.
    I've literally never played that on a Klingon. Orion, Lib Borg Romulan, Gorn, Reman, Jem'hadar, yes, not Klingon.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I don't necessarily see this as a bug, per se, so forgive me if this should've been posted there; but, I noticed that the range for the height on Tellarites seems to be inaccurate (both FED and TOS). In the creation window, the height scales from 5'11" to 7", but visually they're similar to Ferengi (maybe slightly taller) both in the creator and in game. Maybe this is something to look at?
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    korithian1 wrote: »

I've literally never played that on a Klingon. Orion, Lib Borg Romulan, Gorn, Reman, Jem'hadar, yes, not Klingon.

Same here, I have five KDF characters and none of them use the "Klingon" race selection. All but two are Orion, the other two use "alien" though one of those is a "TOS Klingon" roleplay wise (it is nice how the 23rd century Klingon uniforms are available in the basic free stuff). None of them except maybe the 23rd century QuchHa Klingon would have much belief in it either, though to be fair the shows had a number of episodes where imaginary things were forced on the heroes whether they would have believed in them or not (the Melkot one for example).
  • thanatos9tthanatos9t Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    The performance is terrible for me using the Geforce fps display I am getting 10 fps in the Character Creation Screen and 48 fps on the Tailor:
    Character-Creation.png
    Tailor.png

Who tested this?

"I walked away from the last great Time War. I marked the passing of the Time Lords. I saw the birth of the universe and watched as time ran out, moment by moment, until nothing remained. No time, no space. Just me!"
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    The lag issues are know, folks. They are working on it.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Lag issues? In the character creator? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! WHEN are they going to fix the Tellarite problem?
  • samborski#4611 samborski Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    It really badly needs the switch to static stance button, it is so god damn annoying when that new character of yours keeps turning his head while you try to place a scar, Jesus!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Tellerite problem? You mean they shouldn't be pig dwarfs? :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    renata666 wrote: »
    WHEN are they going to fix the Tellarite problem?
    ltminns wrote: »
    Tellerite problem?

Bacon. Problem solved. Problem staying solved. :wink:
    GrWzQke.png
  • wurmixwurmix Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    So just to sum it up:
    1. laggy aaand slow - needs to get fixed
    2. load/save outfit - would be nice, but you can use after load/save at any tailor once you go through intro, so not such big problem, just create a basic character and finetune it later at tailor. More important issue would be fixing the glitch in load/save function itself, so it would actually load saved outfits or character appearance independently and correctly. Right now it often loads nonsense or just parts of the saved outfit. Btw the same goes for the glitchy undo/redo in tailor and ship customizing.
    3. Measurement system problem - this seems to be an old and reported game wide issue. Different species seem to have different "meter" sizes, as you can meet a character twice your size or a knee height character even though the character creator does not have such height adjustment range.
    4. static stance - would be nice to have back in creator
    5. also would be nice if boffs could wear same items as their captain, especially with TOS captains new boffs cannot use TOS clothing without extra unlock

Does this cover it ?
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    WHEN are they going to fix the Tellarite problem?
    Tellerite problem?

Bacon. Problem solved. Problem staying solved. :wink:

Of course! Everyone knows that the reason why Tellarites are on a Starfleet ship, is the same reason that KDF keep targs. So that they have live food, and won't starve as quickly if the replicators suffer a catastrophe. A person once said that if a Starfleet captain sniffs and inhales deeply around a Tellarite, it's too late for that Tellarite to put in for a transfer. Mobile space bacon.
    edited March 2019
    Create a Tellarite character, make him 7' tall and see how he really stacks up next to someone 6'2" or so.

• ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Create a Tellarite character, make him 7' tall and see how he really stacks up next to someone 6'2" or so.

With a slice of Texas Toast on either side of him. :) BACON!!!
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @renata666 said:
    > Create a Tellarite character, make him 7' tall and see how he really stacks up next to someone 6'2" or so. ltminns wrote: »
    >
    > Tellerite problem? You mean they shouldn't be pig dwarfs? :)

Why would you want a 7 foot tall Tellarite anyway?
    More bacon?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    Thats a man vs food challenge
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • astanossastanoss Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Only one real complaint about this. Removing the Static Stance. It is extremely difficult to make minute changes when the avatar moves almost every 2 seconds into a different position...
  • pomonagrange#3097 pomonagrange Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Astanoss: Complete agreement. I'd rather have static stance than load/save, if I had to choose between them. Will static stance return, though? I wish I knew. I'll keep hoping that it will. Maybe I'll get lucky someday and Holo Leetah will say "Static Stance!" instead of "Dabo!"
    I don't plan on creating any new Characters unless there is a new different [Fill in the Blank] Recruitment Event.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I don't. That's my point. He's not actually 7 feet tall. BUT the height scale says he is. It's FUBAR.
    > @renata666 said:
    > Create a Tellarite character, make him 7' tall and see how he really stacks up next to someone 6'2" or so. ltminns wrote: »
    >
    > Tellerite problem? You mean they shouldn't be pig dwarfs? :)

Why would you want a 7 foot tall Tellarite anyway?

Use Stern stance to get your character to stand still while tweaking it in the creator in the meantime. Hopefully, the static option will get put back in.
    GrWzQke.png
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    A static option should return. I have fine-tuned faces in the past that would be too hard to work with if they were constantly looking round. Perhaps even something that just pauses the current animation? Would make it eaiser to find when parts are clipping into each other.

I am also annoyed that the hairstyles are no longer labeled, i don't want to dig around clicking on portraits that only show the front of a hair option and having to spend my moments examining them when i know the name of the style i am looking for.

Also the loss of the save outfit button is most inconvenient.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    Why would you remove this option?? I use to make presets on existing characters and then load them onto new characters to play what I wanted from the start.... Now your just kinda... Borked...
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • kynda#4371 kynda Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I have been away from the game for quite a while and missed these changes when they happened, I have to say I like what was done with the Discovery uniform presets in the tailor. I always thought it would be nice to have presets available for each career.

Unfortunately, the presets for TOS and 2410 Starfleet do not seem to match the career colours, which defeats the purpose of having a preset really. Also, I don't quite understand why the default uniform colours aren't the same as described in the Starfleet Uniform Code, like our Boffs' are.
    Initially, I also wanted to mention the removal of the "save" function from the character creation but that's already been covered.

So, yeah, there are some good ideas there but more work on it would be welcome.
    Ideally you could keep adding by taking into account what's already been stated and possibly add the option of using the classic UI.
This discussion has been closed.