test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thanks Devs and René Auberjonois (Odo)

aerous77aerous77 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
I can't remember what TF it is but it's the One with Odo telling you about some lane "They're under attack. get over there!"

Thanks Devs for adding some actual music from Star Trek TV shows. Makes me feel great! I hope more of this-sort-of-thing continues.

And thanks René Auberjonois, aka ODO for your voice over work. You can tell that he is respecting the role and treating it as seriously as he did on Deep Space nine. A lot of actors look down on gaming MMO voice over work ((Cough cough-- Shatner & Stewart --cough)) But Mr. Auberjonois is a true professional. Thank you!
“The miracle is this - the more we share, the more we have.” ― Leonard Nimoy.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Patrick stewart has voiced characters in other games.

Its a case of time as well as money because he is still a busy actor touring stage shows etc. To do voice work he'd likely have to take a break away from what he was doing to travel to the US for a day in a studio.

Cryptic did kind of blow the budget for VIL on the number of folk doing voice work.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    • Star Trek Legacy
    • Star Trek Starfleet Command III
    • Star Trek Elite Force II
    • Star Trek Armada
    • Star Trek Armada II

Pretty sure he's done more, but I really only know the Star Trek ones.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • celticvengencecelticvengence Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    rattler2 wrote: »
    • Star Trek Legacy
    • Star Trek Starfleet Command III
    • Star Trek Elite Force II
    • Star Trek Armada
    • Star Trek Armada II

Pretty sure he's done more, but I really only know the Star Trek ones.

Yeah he has done a bunch of Star Trek and X-men based games because he had such iconic roles in both. Plus a few others, a couple of castlevania ones, elder scrolls oblivion. So yeah not a man who seems to look down on video games that much. I wonder if they might get him in to do some voice work at a later point.

Shatner is listed on some Star trek games but can't recall if that is new lines or rehashed show and movie lines. However he is also listed on Elite : Dangerous so must do some. I assume it is for budget reasons his voice isn't in this game given how limited the ToS content is.
    Shatner did both 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites as well as Star Trek Legacy. They were not rehashed lines. Hell... the entire cast of TOS did 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • celticvengencecelticvengence Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Shatner did both 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites as well as Star Trek Legacy. They were not rehashed lines. Hell... the entire cast of TOS did 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites.

That's right I had forgotten about those, I never did play as many star trek games as I probably should have.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    My instinct says once Stewart's new Trek series goes into production, CBS might work it out that he becomes available. If even for a brief window of time. I hope the Devs plan for that possibility should it suddenly present itself.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
    nixboox wrote: »

Yes, its great that we have original voices in this game. But Shatner and Stewart are more than willing to lend their voices for work provided that they have compelling roles.

Stewert might be willing, but has been pretty busy lately so availability is the issue. I have a feeling Shatner would ask for too much. I don't think we'll ever be able to hear The Sisko as his last VO work was in Star Trek Legacy, and I believe he doesn't want to do any more Trek.

Janeway... not sure, but there is the possibility due to still being around in 2409/2410
    Archer... again not sure, but would require time travel shenanigans.
This discussion has been closed.