test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The New Link - Defeat Jem'Hadar Reinforcements - Impossible

trogdor#1884 trogdor Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Got this mission at lvl 62, am now a lvl 65 in a T6 Battlecruiser - I get past the first wave of Jem'Hadar, but on the second part "Defeat reinforcements" - I get a Jem'Hadar battleship that has over 150k in hull points. Have tried for days, he knocks me out in about 2 good volleys. Is there a trick to this mission? Can't progress without finishing it.
Tagged:

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I've never had a problem with it so I can't recall anything special besides pew pew pew. I know I've done it at the old 60 level cap but I'm not sure if I've done it at 65. Did you check that your difficulty level was set to normal?

What kind of ship do you have, what defensive consoles and traits are equipped, what bridge powers do you have? Is your captain tac, sci or eng?
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    umm.. retreat, heal go back in? he doesn't regenerate that fast
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • trogdor#1884 trogdor Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    yes he does, needed a buddy to come help me :/
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I never had a problem with that mission either. Must have been a scaling bug or something.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Normally it shouldn't be a problem. I'm thinking you're probably getting hit by a few torpedoes as they've been known to not scale correctly at times. Equip all cannons or all beams and then get into its rear arc unloading cannon rapid fire or beam overload. Tac team will help keep your shields from being depleted in a facing. Anything that will increase the shield hardness and your hull regen will help as well. Purple mk xiis can now be bought on the exchange for cheap if you don't have a complete set yet as well.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • lordconn#9249 lordconn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    There are several ways to use decoys to draw his fire while you wear him down. Beam or torpedo turrets, faction reinforcements, photonic ships, etc. My favorite method, fly a dreadnought and harass him with fighters.
    edited March 2019
    Decoys are my favorite way of distracting tough ships as well. I'll either fly a carrier, flight deck carrier or keep scorpion fighters/turrets in my device slots
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Beam or torpedo turrets

There is no such thing as a Beam or Torpedo Turret. There are omni beams, but nothing even close to that for Torps.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    Got this mission at lvl 62, am now a lvl 65 in a T6 Battlecruiser - I get past the first wave of Jem'Hadar, but on the second part "Defeat reinforcements" - I get a Jem'Hadar battleship that has over 150k in hull points. Have tried for days, he knocks me out in about 2 good volleys. Is there a trick to this mission? Can't progress without finishing it.
    The trick is to use both positioning and timing, including active use of the appropriate bridge officer and captain abilities (all of which you've dragged to your tray), in conjunction with a reasonable skill tree and gear of a mark no less than about 3 marks lower than your level - Mk VIII average in your case.

This is essentially piloting + build + experience.

Yours truly, from a multi-faction fleet leader that somehow as of late has ended up repeating this, sometimes for what seems to be hours per day, to many members as of late who've ended up in the same predicament as you. :smile: or :'( ...laugh or cry, sometimes I'm not sure :wink:

p.s. good of ya to post in the Academy for advice ^^ - people here help make things work better so you can have more fun (we do Tier 6 Battle Cruiser builds to).
  • lordconn#9249 lordconn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2019

There is no such thing as a Beam or Torpedo Turret. There are omni beams, but nothing even close to that for Torps.

Platforms. Device-slot items that you launch into a location in space near your opponent. Sorry if I miss-named them.

Platforms. Device-slot items that you launch into a location in space near your opponent. Sorry if I miss-named them.

You didn't, I knew what you were referring to.

Turrets are beams and platforms are torpedoes.

Both are great distractions when you need them.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Apologies, I misunderstood what you said.

I tried those once a long time ago and found them woefully ineffective, but that was a very long time ago. If they provide a useful distraction then that's a solid tip, thanks for the clarification.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    They make for great distractions. Another plus is that as long as something is doing occasional damage to them, the NPC ships don't suddenly regenerate to full health. I used to have major problems with tough enemy ships. I'd get them down to 15-20% health and then get blown up, by the time I respawned and got back to the fight, they are sitting there with hull and shields back at 100%. ( I don't know the exact timing but no matter how damaged they are after a certain amount of time without receiving damage they go back to 100% ).

I've gotten a lot better and don't blow up near as much but the tip someone else gave me still works.

As soon as my health gets really low, I drop a turret/platform, or launch Scorpions. Although they tend to not survive all that long, they do survive and keep doing damage long enough for me to respawn and get back to the fight without the timer restoring the NPC back to full health.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png