test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pets Buffed from Console / Boff Skills

macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
edited August 2013 in Federation Discussion
Does anyone know if pets benefit from tac consoles or boff skills?
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
Post edited by macronius on

Comments

• seitei1seitei1 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No-they're basically NPCs and thus don't inherit anything from your gear. That's why they have Flight Deck duty officers specifically to buff their stats under the various Carrier Commands.

You can still cast things like Attack Pattern Delta or Transfer Shield Strength or such things on them-they are allies, after all-but if you put Omega or High Yield Torpedo or Power to Shields on yourself they won't get it as well. Their movesets are given in the description and that's all they'll use for themselves. Which is why it's so important to get the Fleet or Dilithium versions of pets-the movesets are just better all around.

Tell me if I've been unclear.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2013
    Thanks, you were perfectly clear. Someone posted that they preferred using plasma tac console due to needing to buff Elite scorpion. Sounded wrong to me but I wanted to check up. I am running a phaser build on my Vesta so I should be good to go now.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Actualy pets did inherit bonuses from your consoles for a long time. Not sure when they stoped, it was not in any patch notes that I have read. Nether the less testing has shown it is no longer true.

Some duty officer passive abilities do still effect pets though. Tractor beam duty officers will add shield drain to pet tractor beams for instance.
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Interestingly, the Bio-Neural Warhead gets a buff to its antiproton point defense system from antiproton damage buff consoles on your ship.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
    Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.