test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A plea for cat ears in the alien gen. <3

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
Pls Cryptic, I own both feline races in STO, got meh half breed all planned out and ready. Will dump hundreds of monies into him if this one little feature is added. Let me have cat ears as an option in the alien gen! D:

Dis is all. <3 Carry on. =^_^=
1e3sni150tar.jpg

Comments

• chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    No. Just... no.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    No. Just... no.

I'm all for cat ears in alien creator, any thing should go.
    DOUBLE if one bough the cat races.

So, I say.

Yes. Just... yes. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    Just the ears? No tail? :smirk:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    Just the ears? No tail? :smirk:

I mean, ill take the tail. :P But im mainly just looking for ears. :3
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Can't you already do that? I could swear I used to see hundreds of carbon copy "neko" girls back in the day.

That, or you could just make an actual Caitian/Ferasan? You know, the feline races that already exist in STO?
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Can't you already do that? I could swear I used to see hundreds of carbon copy "neko" girls back in the day.

That, or you could just make an actual Caitian/Ferasan? You know, the feline races that already exist in STO?

I think it was a tailor hack, but last I saw a catgirl running around was last time I played regularly, about two years ago. Since I came back I haven't seen any.

And unfortunately no, the feline races are only enough to placate furry cosplayers, not the anime-lovers.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    And unfortunately no, the feline races are only enough to placate furry cosplayers, not the anime-lovers.
    Those two are one and the same.

I'd typically say "no" to something like this but if someone else can "get their's" I'd also like to "get mine." By that I mean I want more aliengen stuff in general. I'm not a fan of all the cat BS in this game but I'd like more parts so I can more easily make some of the minor races from Star Trek. I'd like my fake Hirogen to look more Hirogen like etc.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I don't care.. but I am not one to vote no on something just because I won't personally use it.

If people want Cat Ears.. give em Cat Ears. It's just not important enough to rally against.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User

There's a certain type of ear that you can use sticks up above your head and is slender down the side of the face some. When used with long hair that hides the parts on your cheeks it sorta looks like you have cat ears since you can make the inner part match the skin tone mostly.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Gotta have the tails though, not just cat tails, reptile tails, demon tails, all sorts of tails.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Gotta have the tails though, not just cat tails, reptile tails, demon tails, all sorts of tails.​​
    ^THIS so much... & Horns!!! :)

"We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User

Im all for it! This games tailor is wasted... I have never seen another game that came close to what Cryptic has and yet they squander it...
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »

Im all for it! This games tailor is wasted... I have never seen another game that came close to what Cryptic has and yet they squander it...

You must be a young one, or sheltered, if you never heard of City of Heroes/City of Villains. Or Aion. Those are a couple of MMORPGs that offered more customization than Cryptic could on their best day, even with a fully unlocked tailor. Sadly, CoH/CoV shuttered a number of years ago. Not sure if Aion is still up. If you want to add more games to this, you've got Skyrim with all those mods. And XCOM2 with the mods for that.

Here, have some XCOM2!20170919170758_1_zpsd8dq55m0.jpg

20170919165149_1_zps2qmgrd3h.jpg

20170919153121_1_zpskkmf6xsn.jpg

20170917043829_1_zpsoy2wws6o.jpg
  • thecrusaderxthecrusaderx Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »

You must be a young one, or sheltered, if you never heard of City of Heroes/City of Villains. Or Aion. Those are a couple of MMORPGs that offered more customization than Cryptic could on their best day, even with a fully unlocked tailor. Sadly, CoH/CoV shuttered a number of years ago. Not sure if Aion is still up. If you want to add more games to this, you've got Skyrim with all those mods. And XCOM2 with the mods for that.

CoH/CoV are made by crpytic as well. Despite being published by NC Soft. Also technically Champions Online has more customization than CoH/CoV.

tumblr_p7rwq2Qtxu1wsk1foo1_500.jpg

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »

CoH/CoV are made by crpytic as well. Despite being published by NC Soft. Also technically Champions Online has more customization than CoH/CoV.
    Champions customization FTW!

And yes, they have cat ears/tails.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    ^THIS so much... & Horns!!! :)

And Tardigrade arms, don't forget the tardigrade arms!

(though seriously a targeted expansion of the alien parts bin would be greatly appreciated)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    I'm all for more alien parts.

Um, that sounded differently said out loud.

Seriously though, more customization always have my support - though I acknowledge that there might be technical difficulties that prevents it or makes it harder than it appears to implement - whether I intend to use them or not.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    warpangel wrote: »
    Champions customization FTW!

And yes, they have cat ears/tails.

Also fox tails.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)