test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request for Ground Combat Patrol Missions

toddjohnson100toddjohnson100 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
O.K., I've state this one before. For me, as a level 65 with all of the trappings, I find quick combat scenarios like those system patrols the best part of STO. They're quick, fun, and don't require you to complete a full mission. I do wish they were all stationary and repeatable, though, like the Romulan Republic zone. That being said, I wish we had at least some of the same scenarios for GROUND COMBAT. Even just ONE repeatable mission against each of the major factions (Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Borg, etc.) would be awesome !! I really want something I can complete on my own with all five of my bridge officers and repeat it as often as I want. The last response to that was to make all the Task Force Operations (Pve,PvP) more available. I HATE having to complete missions with an assigned group of varying skill levels for more marks I don't need. All I really want is a handful of repeatable scenarios against various factions that I can take all 5 bridge officers on and have some fun--no rewards needed.

(Changed thread title to be more specific. - BMR)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    1 Demands get nothing.
    2 Vague thread titles get closed.
    3 Whether you like TFOs or not is irrelevant, and every MMO has their own form of them. Nobody is forcing you to play them.

This, and also you do not take 5 Bridge Officers with you, 4 at most.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses, but I wasn't demanding anything. Also, your second comment sounded like some kind of threat. These forums are for FREE speech about whatever we deem pertinent and valid. I enjoy game play I can complete on my own and include my bridge officers. This game is heavily based around space combat and multi-player game play of different sorts. They do that part well, but some of us would enjoy more ground options. The quadrant battle zones are limited on the types of opponents and bridge officers allowed. The system patrols are great. I just think a few away team missions would be a great addition for those of us who don't like multiplayer.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    These forums are for FREE speech about whatever we deem pertinent and valid.
    Your statement is inaccurate. These forums are for speech limited by the Terms of Service regarding whatever Cryptic and/or Perfect World deems pertinent and valid. The First Amendment to the US Constitution applies only to passing laws regarding speech, not to communications in a private space such as this.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Thanks, guys. I fixed it. :wink:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Azrael605 would you please let me know where those forum rules are located? I believe what you're saying, but I can't find them anywhere on the ARC website. Thank you.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    Azrael605 would you please let me know where those forum rules are located? I believe what you're saying, but I can't find them anywhere on the ARC website. Thank you.
    Well, here's one, and these are the Terms of Service.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    @toddjohnson100 There are links to the Terms of Service, Community Rules, and the FCT, all in my signature below.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    The guy said something right, but using the wrong tone.

It would be fun to have some linear challenges for ground boff teams besides missions, for end-level content.

That would open the dimension of boff team synergy. Which would be a new pve challenge for everyone. I'm totally excited by the idea. What about you guys?
  • Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I know it's not exactly what you're seeking, but the Dyson ground battlezone is kind of what you're seeking in that you get to go in alone with two of your bridge officers (yeah, not the full four, but at least it's something), and you can do a set of daily missions. Granted, you generally need a larger group of people in the area to fulfill the mission, but I've really yet to suffer finding an area where there weren't others operating to do the same thing.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    New Romulus.. there is a lot of groud patrol there
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
This discussion has been closed.