test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Borg VS the Galatic Empire who would Win and Way

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
i wanna start a Poll on who you think will win the Borg from Star Trek or the Galactic Empire! My Money is the Borg Collective and I have 2 reasons Advance Tech and Able to Adapt to Anything the Advance Tech is an Advantage to have agents the Empire manly there Transporter Technology on where they can Beam in drones to the Vessels and Assimilate the Crew Also another reason there ability to adapt. This is one of the Biggest reason they are HUGE Threat to the Federation and to all intelligent life in the Universe!!! They can Adapt to all weapons and what ever Tech they through at them Now you can fight about is that those who have Knowledge of the Dark Side of the Force like the Sith Would able to defeat the Borg Yes but for a Time. You See one thing part of there adaptions they learn new things as they assimilate and if they get someone with knowledge of the force the Borg can use Force Sensitive Drones and able to control the Sith as well so yeah The Borg will Control the Galactic Empire and the entire Star Wars Galaxy!!!
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

The Borg VS the Galatic Empire who would Win and Way 18 votes

The Borg
83%
coldnapalmgaraks31guljarolryurangerreyan01pottsey5galexmakepeacepatrickngomarkhawkmanevilmark444kekvintheraven2378admiralnatkaloriaa4marty123#3757 15 votes
Galatic Empire
16%
westx211jake477wingedhussar#7584 3 votes

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    The Borg
    Trek weapons out range SW weapons
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
      The Borg
      The borg. It's not just that the borg adapt, it's that you have to adapt to overcome the borg, and the people in Star Wars are not especially adaptive. Galactic society is stagnant, relying on basically the same tech their ancestors did thousands of years ago, repeating the same cycles of rising and falling empires and back-and-forth between the Jedi and Sith.
    • theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 450 Arc User
      I say it comes down to energy manipulation. Almost every Star Trek space faring civilization engages in energy manipulation to one degree or another to advance their technological prowess.

In Star Wars all they ever do is make a bigger laser. Since the Borg adapt quite quickly, after the first few shots, the Biggly Big laser of Great Big Bigness becomes bad comedy.

Mind you, I'm restricting my analysis to that which I have seen on screen.

Oh, the Force you say?

Well, the Galactic Empire has done away with nearly every force user that would work with them. So while Vader or the Emperor might take out a vessel or two, that would be cold comfort when other vessels render their fleet as air tight as a canoe.
      artan42 wrote: »
      It's the Empire. It's always the Empire. It's also the Cybermen. The Borg that exist onscreen do not have the magical, galaxy conquering abilities fans imagine they do when confronted with this topic over and over again.

They are vastly outnumbered, outgunned, and as the Empire are acting as the good guys in this situation then the Borg will lose due to plot reasons as well.​​

Plot armor. The one thing that no force can overcome.

• alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
      The Borg
      angrytarg wrote: »
      The question makes no sense.

If we assume 'original' TNG Borg it's like asking "Who would win, the Hulk against a hurricane". Realborg© are more akin to a natural hazard and would probably not care much for SW tech unless attacked.

If we assume FC/VOY Borg they are an inept disgrace and fail at everything they do because the Queen throws a fit because she's having a rash. Unless Seven of Nine is involved, she opens up the console and enters some cheatcode to instantly blow up the Empire before going on a date with Braga.

Seven of Nine on a date with this guy?
      500?cb=20121029055754
    • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      > @alexmakepeace said:
      > Seven of Nine on a date with this guy?

Brannon. Should have specified 😜
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      reyan01 wrote: »
      It's the Empire. It's always the Empire. It's also the Cybermen. The Borg that exist onscreen do not have the magical, galaxy conquering abilities fans imagine they do when confronted with this topic over and over again.

They are vastly outnumbered, outgunned, and as the Empire are acting as the good guys in this situation then the Borg will lose due to plot reasons as well.

But as I said in my earlier post, it doesn't matter whether it's the Borg, the Federation, the KDF or even Q, SW fans always have some excuse for SW being superior. Always.

Because SW is Type III civilisation and ST is a Type I. Excluding outliers like the Q or other magical entities. (the Cybermen are Type III-IV for reference).

A Bear is quite a dangerous animal and would slaughter a human (even one with a gun in most circumstances) but it could not do anything against 7 billion humans. All the bears on the planet could no absolutely nothing against humanity. Humans are just that much higher than bears on the scale.
      The Bear is the Borg and humanity are the Empire. And we're not even a I on the scale yet.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
      > @artan42 said:
      (...)All the bears on the planet could no absolutely nothing against humanity. Humans are just that much higher than bears on the scale.(...)

I think we found a volunteer to entertain our new ursine overlords with embarassing dance numbers.
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
      It depends on how long the war lasts for and if the Empire has a functional Death Star. The Empire would have the advantage at the start, but after the Borg assimilates and adapts to Empire technology, then the Borg would have the advantage. Although, it would be interesting what would happen if the Borg assimilates someone trained in the Force.
      > @artan42 said:
      (...)All the bears on the planet could no absolutely nothing against humanity. Humans are just that much higher than bears on the scale.(...)

I think we found a volunteer to entertain our new ursine overlords with embarassing dance numbers.

I shall dance to the track 'What a Good Boy' from the album 'Gordon'. Our overlords will kick themselves when they get the joke.​​
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
      The Borg
      To be honest I am both a Huge Star Trek and a Huge Star Wars Fan Equally I rather Watch Phantom Menace and Jar Jar TRIBBLE Holeness all Day then site to watch Star Trek The Motion Picture as an Example The One thing is Trek Tech is Way WAY more Advance then that of SW yeah they may have Light Sabers and Quantum Slip Stream (Hyper Drive) but that's it compare to that of Alpha and Beta of the Milky-way Galaxy. One thing was one of my favorite lines from Empire Strikes Back when The Falcon diapered from there Raiders "No Ship that Small as a Clocking Device". That would mean the Clocking Device must be huge in order to disappeared that means the Romulans and Klingons Clock are MORE Advance then that of the SWU. In the Star Trek DS9 s07e12 - The Emperor's New Cloak we see Quark and Rom carrying Martok's clocking Device over to the trans-dimensional Transporter that would mean it would fit in to a ship like a Runabout witch is a almost the same Size as that of the Falcon and did I mention Star Trek has Transporters and Star Wars Don't!
      May the Shwartz Be With You
      CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
      The Star Wars prequel is far more fun once you realize that Jar Jar Binks is actually Darth Jar Jar.
      ryuranger wrote: »
      To be honest I am both a Huge Star Trek and a Huge Star Wars Fan Equally I rather Watch Phantom Menace and Jar Jar TRIBBLE Holeness all Day then site to watch Star Trek The Motion Picture as an Example The One thing is Trek Tech is Way WAY more Advance then that of SW yeah they may have Light Sabers and Quantum Slip Stream (Hyper Drive) but that's it compare to that of Alpha and Beta of the Milky-way Galaxy. One thing was one of my favorite lines from Empire Strikes Back when The Falcon diapered from there Raiders "No Ship that Small as a Clocking Device". That would mean the Clocking Device must be huge in order to disappeared that means the Romulans and Klingons Clock are MORE Advance then that of the SWU. In the Star Trek DS9 s07e12 - The Emperor's New Cloak we see Quark and Rom carrying Martok's clocking Device over to the trans-dimensional Transporter that would mean it would fit in to a ship like a Runabout witch is a almost the same Size as that of the Falcon and did I mention Star Trek has Transporters and Star Wars Don't!

I find it very hard to read what you post when you capitalise every other work and don't use sentences.

Going by the gist of what you're saying, you're wrong. SW is massivly more advanced than the majority of ST races (including the Borg). SW are up to the stage where a small remnant of the Empire has converted a planet to a battlestation that uses stars as fuel and can fire on multiple targets through hyperspace and destroy them.

Also, in TCW you see Anakin pilot a small ship about as wide as a runabout and as long as four runabouts that has a cloaking device so Needa or Piett (or whoever it was) was wrong about the size of ship that can be equipped with a cloaking device.

Transporters are so easily countered in Trek depending on the plot that, again, depending on the plot of this vs battle the Empire could also interfere with.​​

#TASforSTO

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
      edited March 2019
      The Borg
      starkaos wrote: »
      It depends on how long the war lasts for and if the Empire has a functional Death Star. The Empire would have the advantage at the start, but after the Borg assimilates and adapts to Empire technology, then the Borg would have the advantage. Although, it would be interesting what would happen if the Borg assimilates someone trained in the Force.
      The Borg already have assimilated Force users. The thing is the Force is just telepaths and telekinesis which Star Trek is full off. Only the Force is rare in Star Wars while Star Trek has entire planets full of millions if not trillions of force users, the planet Betazed is just one of many. Its not like the Borg have never come across “the force” or powers like it.

All that would happen is Borg transport onto Star Wars ships, the troops shoot lasers at the Borg which do nothing and then the borg nanites start assimilating the crew and later ship.

The biggest problem for Star Wars is the primitive Quantum Slip Stream Hyper Drive that is like a train track that can only go down preestablished routes. While the Borg have advanced Transwarp FTL that is so much more flexable. Its like comparing a Helicopter V a Train. The train might be faster at points but the Helicopter has full freedom of movement including going where the train has no access.
      pottsey5g wrote: »
      starkaos wrote: »
      The Borg already have assimilated Force users. The thing is the Force is just telepaths and telekinesis which Star Trek is full off. Only the Force is rare in Star Wars while Star Trek has entire planets full of millions if not trillions of force users, the planet Betazed is just one of many. Its not like the Borg have never come across “the force” or powers like it.

All that would happen is Borg transport onto Star Wars ships, the troops shoot lasers at the Borg which do nothing and then the borg nanites start assimilating the crew and later ship.

The biggest problem for Star Wars is the primitive Quantum Slip Stream Hyper Drive that is like a train track that can only go down preestablished routes. While the Borg have advanced Transwarp FTL that is so much more flexable. Its like comparing a Helicopter V a Train. The train might be faster at points but the Helicopter has full freedom of movement including going where the train has no access.

Telepathy would be mostly useless for the Borg since they are a Hive Mind and their method of communication is almost always assimilation. We have never seen the Borg use any significant biological abilities assimilated from their victims even though they say "We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own." We have never seen the Borg exhibit any telekinetic abilities. Besides Telekinesis and Telepathy is only a portion of the Force.

In order for the Borg to transport onto Star Wars ships and be invulnerable to blaster fire, the Borg have to adapt to Star Wars shield technology and blaster fire. The only way that the Borg could transport onto Star Wars ship without adaption is if the shield technology in Star Trek is the same as Star Wars.

The Borg being able to use Transwarp in the Star Wars Universe or the Empire being able to use Hyperspace in the Star Trek Universe might not be possible due to Subspace might not exist in the Star Wars Universe and Hyperspace might not exist in the Star Trek Universe.

The Borg never "used" anything they assimilated. The writers were too afraid to change them but insisted to make them permanent appearances so they made them stagnant and ruined the whole concept. Not even FC/VOY wussyborg© were the result of adaptation, they had to retcon them as nonsensical as it was.

No writer understood the concept and why it was interesting to begin with.

Seven of Nine made a mention of Autonomous Regeneration Sequencers that the Borg assimilated from Species 259 from Galactic Cluster 3 and there might a few more mentions of which species the Borg assimilated other technology from, but that is purely ancedotal. Actual assimilation seems to be missing in Star Trek.

The only real assimilation occurred with One in the Drone episode from Voyager when some nanoprobes assimilated the Doctor's mobile emitter. Of course, there was a few problems with the assimilation process that don't make any sense like how nanoprobes and the mobile emitter could create a Borg Maturation chamber to create a 29th Century drone purely from a DNA sample. The only reasonable explanation is that the mobile emitter is far more powerful than just a mobile emitter and is being completely underused like using a smartphone as a paperweight.
      edited March 2019
      I always figured that the Borg simply had better tech than anyone we saw them assimilate. As such, when samples were retrieved or outposts scooped up, it was for the purpose of either analyzing the sample (cutting beam vs. the Enterprise D) or for the acquisition of processed materials for whatever purpose.

Naturally any people were assimilated into the collective. It makes sense that if the technology wasn't as advanced as Borg tech it would still be gathered for resource grind purposes.

Ultimately it wasn't purely tech that was used to combat the Borg. It was also creativity.

EDIT:
      The Borg were ruined, though. In much the same way as the Weeping Angels.
      How much fun would it be to learn that there was more than a single Collective or Hive, if you prefer? This would allow a more diverse Borg threat as the varied Hives could be shown to adapt, or "evolve," in assorted directions.

I think that would make the Borg a far more interesting threat over all.
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      The Borg
      I would say the Borg. Mainly because the Empire's only defense vs Assimilation is the nuclear approach and I don't think that would work consistently enough. That and imagine if the Borg made landfall someplace like Coruscant? The Empire's only option would be to use a Death Star. Not necessarily full-power, but enough to blow city sized holes in the planet.

But, assimilation isn't really all that fast, and the Borg would need to figure out how to assimilate all the races they've not seen before. Granted, in most cases it'd not take that long, but there's dozens to figure out.

I don't see it as a given that a lone drone could assimilate the entire Empire, but it's possible. The reverse isn't true. Thus the Borg are a greater threat to the Empire, than the Empire are to the Borg.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
      How much fun would it be to learn that there was more than a single Collective or Hive, if you prefer? This would allow a more diverse Borg threat as the varied Hives could be shown to adapt, or "evolve," in assorted directions.

I think that would make the Borg a far more interesting threat over all.

The problem is the Collective nature of the Borg. It really only allows for basically one overriding network. We've seen how the Queen deals with threats to the Collective with the whole "Unimatrix 0" thing. Even if one drone was detected on a whole cube, she'd destroy the cube to remove that one drone.

The closest we have is the Cooperative, which is made up of Liberated Borg. They may have some form of Collective hive mind, but its not the overpowering "your soul is mine" type that the Collective has.

The closest to what you describe in any franchise might be the post Overmind death Zerg Swarm in StarCraft. Cerebrates had more freedom to evolve their respective Broods, although still answered directly to the Queen of Blades once she fully established herself. After deinfestation at the hands of Raynor, the various Broods had even more freedom to evolve on their own. While some did fall under the sway of Amon, others did side with Kerrigan when she reclaimed her position as the Primal Queen of Blades.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      I would say the Borg. Mainly because the Empire's only defense vs Assimilation is the nuclear approach and I don't think that would work consistently enough. That and imagine if the Borg made landfall someplace like Coruscant? The Empire's only option would be to use a Death Star. Not necessarily full-power, but enough to blow city sized holes in the planet.

But, assimilation isn't really all that fast, and the Borg would need to figure out how to assimilate all the races they've not seen before. Granted, in most cases it'd not take that long, but there's dozens to figure out.

I don't see it as a given that a lone drone could assimilate the entire Empire, but it's possible. The reverse isn't true. Thus the Borg are a greater threat to the Empire, than the Empire are to the Borg.

One hyperspace superlaser, split the beam to each Unimatrix, all whilst hidden at the other end of the Galaxy. Problem solved.

Follow it up with a DBZ to any worlds with Borg left on them.​​

#TASforSTO

> @artan42 said:
      >
      > One hyperspace superlaser, split the beam to each Unimatrix, all whilst hidden at the other end of the Galaxy. Problem solved.
      >
      > Follow it up with a DBZ to any worlds with Borg left on them.​​

What does Borg need with a Dragon Ball?
      lFC4bt2.gif
      > @artan42 said:
      >
      > One hyperspace superlaser, split the beam to each Unimatrix, all whilst hidden at the other end of the Galaxy. Problem solved.
      >
      > Follow it up with a DBZ to any worlds with Borg left on them.

What does Borg need with a Dragon Ball?

The Empire got bored and sent Son Goku to go mop up whatever Drones are left.​​

#TASforSTO

One hyperspace superlaser, split the beam to each Unimatrix, all whilst hidden at the other end of the Galaxy. Problem solved.

Starkiller Base was one of the dumbest ideas ever IMO.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      rattler2 wrote: »

Starkiller Base was one of the dumbest ideas ever IMO.

You misspelt 'awsome'. They turned a planet into a sun eating, hyperspace travelling, superweapon.​​

#TASforSTO

I said that it was my OPINION.
      rattler2 wrote: »
      I said that it was my OPINION.

I didn't say your opinion was wrong. I merely pointed out you'd misspelt a word.​​

#TASforSTO