test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

R&D Component's failing to start, despite 'Start Task' is a go.

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
edited March 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Despite having the R&D required, some will start successfuly only if you do 1-2 items, rather than 3-5x or in higher quantities? Yet other times they seem to start FINE? I had to attempt Component - Handheld Calibration Control almost 4x before it only started on the 4th attempt despite all having the 'Begin' and subsequent 'Start Task' ready, because if you don't have the material and the fabrication engineer, you instead get 'Details' and 'Start' task is greyed out. These are the 3 I noticed I sometimes have problems with and don't know why or what was causing it...

Ones that Fail to Start despite 'Start Task' being 'Blue' not 'Grey' are the following:
[System] [ItemAssignmentFeedbackFailed] Failed to start new assignment "Component - Power Surge Regulator".
[System] [ItemAssignmentFeedbackFailed] Failed to start new assignment "Component - Plasma Compressor".
[System] [ItemAssignmentFeedbackFailed] Failed to start new assignment "Component - Handheld Calibration Control".

Ones that seem to be unaffected:
[System] [ItemAssignmentStarted] Started new assignment "Component - Firing Sequencer".
[System] [ItemAssignmentStarted] Started new assignment "Component - Rerouting Lattice".
[System] [ItemAssignmentStarted] Started new assignment "Component - Ejection System".
[System] [ItemAssignmentStarted] Started new assignment "Component - Micro Power Cell".
[System] [ItemAssignmentStarted] Started new assignment "Component - Pressurization Chamber".
[System] [ItemAssignmentStarted] Started new assignment "Component - Quantum Field Focus".

@ambassadorkael#6946
0zxlclk.png
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    This has been a problem with crafting for some time now.....

The program will not roll over into a second stack of mats to complete the project requirements.
    When it runs out of items from the first stack and it will fail to start. And give you that error.

IN other words, it will take 10 from the first stack and empty it....but will not go to the new stack of the same units to get the other 30 it needs to finish the project. It just fails.

Very noticeable when doing projects using the multiplier (to increase the volume to create more than one item at one time).

Current work around: Since the program always fills the crafting projects from the last stack of the same type from the bottom of inventory list, make sure that the last stack has enough mats in it. Move it over manually, keep it topped off.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yea but in all the cases above I was attempting only 1 of a given item at a time which has me perplexed...

But perhaps if I was doing 2 different components each requiring Z-Particle that was perhaps why?

Still it be NICE if they managed to FIX this regardless.
    0zxlclk.png